Chapter 14: Pretending Someone Else Can Come And Save Me From Myself.

*Julia’s P.O.V.*

“What would you do if I wore army pants and flip flops?” Louis asked, turning his head to look at me. I smirked up at him questioningly, giggling slightly. We were snuggling on the couch watching Mean Girls, even though we started the movie at like one in the morning.

“I’m not sure if I would love you or hate you,” I answered honestly, my thoughts currently very conflicted. “I mean I would love you for the reference, but I would hate you for wearing something so ugly,” I explained. He chuckled lightly, his hypnotizing blue eyes staring into mine.

“You know you can’t hate me,” he teased, kissing me on the forehead. I smiled and blushed slightly, knowing that, even though he was joking, he was extremely correct.

“So I guess I’d love you?” I replied, almost phrasing it as more of a question. He beamed down at me, his smile lighting up the room and bringing a grin to my face.

“Just like you do every day!” he exclaimed, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. My head spun as sparks flew. He pulled away quickly as I tried to collect myself. We hadn’t said we loved each other yet, though I was pretty sure I loved him. I wasn’t quite sure if he loved me though. Sometimes it was hard to tell if he was being serious or just joking when he said all these things. I mean I know he cares about me, I just don’t know how much. I’d like to think he liked me as much as I liked him, but I honestly wasn’t sure. The way he acted when I was sort of with Todd gave me hope that he cared quite a bit, but I didn’t want to get my hopes too high. I remembered I was in a conversation, but I had no idea how to respond, so I just kissed him swiftly on the tip of his nose and turned back to the movie. He brought his face down to the side of my head and I was about to push him away, assuming he was just being weird or was about to tickle me, but I froze at what he said. “I think I love you,” he whispered. My heart started beating much faster than its normal pace, a somewhat pleasant heat submerging my face and neck. My eyes widened and I turned to him, noticing that he had a small, nervous grin on his face.

“I-I think I love you too,” I responded weakly, still processing the meaning contained in our words. His grin widened, and he got the sparkle in his eyes, that light that can brighten my day in an instant. He kissed me again, making this one last before pulling away and turning back to watch the movie some more. I tried to focus on the movie as well, but the stupid grin wouldn’t leave my face, nor would the pink blush. I saw Louis’ eyes flickering toward me occasionally, and I noticed a smile play across his face every time he saw I was still smiling. I noticed a pattern in his timing eventually and I turned my head at the exact time he did.

“Hello,” he smirked, not breaking our eye contact. I smiled back, somehow forgetting about the movie, even though it’s one of the best movies ever. I was slightly speechless at his beauty, so I just crashed my lips into his without warning. He seemed taken aback at first, which I took advantage of by pushing him down so that he lay with his back pressed to the couch, me on top of him. I ran my fingers through his soft, light brown hair and I shivered as he ran his hands up and down my sides, the entire time hoping this moment would never have to end. I hadn’t had many kisses since that night in the hotel room, so I had to catch up. And it was these spontaneous, magical moments that meant the world to me.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

You know how sometimes you do things on impulse, without thinking at all, you just do it because in the moment it feels right but then you look back and regret it? I was hit with that regret like one of those huge, unexpected waves at the beach when you’re not looking. Everything was going perfectly for me, like a nice sunny day at the beach, and then one cute little picture came and knocked me off my feet, tumbling me around like clothes in a washing machine. I was confused and scared and senseless, I just did what I was used to doing when those kinds of emotions came over me. I was barely even considering the consequences I would have to endure later on.