Chapter 26: What A Sad, Beautiful, Tragic Love Affair

*Megan's P.O.V.*

Shit has gone down. That was the only thought in my head as Julia stormed off, Louis following behind, a nearly visible cloud of desperate guilt surrounding him. It took a moment to even comprehend the newly received information. Because, like, why the fuck would Haley and Louis hook up? When everyone else in the house? I mean, I get that they're really close, but I didn't see that one coming. They both loved Niall and Julez way too much. Or at least that what I thought. That's what we all thought. I looked up at Haley to find that she was staring at the doorway, mouth open a bit as her eyes began to shine. I knew they wouldn't fall though. She only cried in front of people she trusted. But, then again, she trusted Harry, Niall, and me. So she was in my arms before the first tears even fell.

"Why are you comforting me?" she asked, her actions contrasting with her words as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I thought about an answer, not really sure exactly. Honestly I just hated seeing her cry.

"Because even though I know you didn't trip and fall onto his lips, I know you never intended for any of that to happen," I decided on. Smirking, I added, "And because it's Julia you fucked with." I heard a breathy giggle in my ear before she pulled back and rolled her watery eyes at me. I smiled, pleased that I had made her feel a little better.

"Come on, let's go upstairs love," Niall suggested, lifting Haley off of her feet so she didn't even have a choice. We shared a quick smile before they disappeared around the corner, box of Oreos now in their possession. I turned, a small grin still playing across my face as I turned to face Harry, only to find him right behind me. He placed his hands on my hips and I placed mine on his shoulders, his lips barely an inch from mine. I felt my breathing hitch due to his proximity, and the fact that I was pleasantly choking on his Bleu de Chanel cologne.

"You're so nice," he murmured, a small smile on his perfectly curved, rosy lips. I actually laughed a bit at that. I don't exactly consider myself a very warm and fuzzy person. "Why is that funny?" he asked in amusement.

"I'm only nice to people I like," I explained, smirking a bit, "which isn't a very large number." He chuckled, making my heart flutter unsteadily. This was weird for me, considering I had never really been interested in anyone before. I had never felt this strongly towards anyone. I had made out with a guy or two in my time, but my last real crush was in seventh grade, but he had a girlfriend. Besides, he ended up being a douche anyway.

"Do you like me?" he asked, sounding like the guys in my grade did in eighth grade when they tried to flirt. I rolled my eyes, but smiled, finding it cute when Harry did it for whatever reason. I pressed my lips to his, finally satisfying my craving.

I pulled back quickly though, giggling as I replied with a simple, "Nope." He frowned, looking absolutely adorable. It always annoyed me when guys did that kind of stuff, but Harry was just so god damn perfect it was okay when it was him. I quickly kissed his extended bottom lip, and I was about to pull away when he held me close to him, not letting me escape. I smiled into the kiss, giving in. I felt him smile too, and I knew he was happy I wasn't fighting him. People are so easy for me to read.

I'm not exactly sure what we were. He hadn't officially asked me out, but we liked kissing. Quite a bit, actually. I refused to believe it was a friends with benefits kind of thing, because he said he had feelings for me, but that he wasn't ready for an actual relationship because he still wasn't fully over Dani. Which I understood and respected, but I didn't really get why he was kissing me so much. Am I just another pair of lips to keep him occupied? I thought. Just that one thought and I was out of his arms. Am I just another girl who fell for those eyes? That voice? He looked at me, perplexity swimming in his enchanting emerald green eyes. I took a step back, still evaluating the situation. I remembered reading something on the internet a while back, a post on some Directioner blog. It said, "At one time or another, we've all been a Harry girl." Was that all I was? Another Harry girl?