Chapter 11: I hope I never lose that feeling.

Chapter 11:  I Hope I Never Lose That Feeling.

*Sydney’s P.O.V.*

I woke up to a low chuckle and a light tugging at a lock of my hair. I groaned and rolled over, opening my eyes a sliver to see Liam running his fingers through my hair with a grin on his face. His brown eyes met my green ones and his smile widened. “Li, what are you doing?” I asked sleepily.

“You still have some cookie dough in your hair,” he informed me with an adorable little smirk. I rolled over, grinning as I groaned again. I’m not exactly a morning person. Liam took his hands way from my hair and instead wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed my cheek lightly. His touch tingled pleasurably as usual, waking me up yet lulling me to peace at the same time. “It’s time to wake up, sleepy cookie dough head,” he murmured in my ear, as if I was a child. I grinned and groaned again, but honestly I was just enjoying the moment. The groan raised in pitch to a surprised squeal when he started nibbling on my ear lobe. I looked up at him with a shocked grin on my face and smirked down at me victoriously. “Are you awake yet?” he teased. I scrunched my face up at him before burrowing it back into my pillow. “Wait, you have some cookie on your face, love,” he told me seriously.

“Where?” I asked, turning around. He surprised my fatigued mind once again by planting a swift kiss on my lips. He pulled away before I could even respond.

“I got it,” he replied cheekily with a winked. I shook my head at him, but I was grinning like a maniac. “You loved it!” he exclaimed. I just took his pillow and tried to smack him with it, but he stopped my weak attempt with ease. “No violence,” he scolded, waggling his finger at me jokingly.

“I just want to sleep,” I whined, sticking out my bottom lip. He kissed before replying, making me grin at his adorableness.

“But I want to spend the entire day with you! I mean everyone’s going to want you tomorrow, so you’re mine today,” he declared. Cold realization settled over me.

“I’m leaving in two days, aren’t I?” Liam nodded in solemn confirmation, but quickly went back to being bright and cheery.

“Which is why I’m claiming you today!” he explained, grinning widely. I returned the smile, but turned back to my pillow. “Come on ya lazy bum, get up!” he begged. I moaned in protest and began kicking when he tried dragging me out of bed by my feet. “Whoa, violence is frowned upon, missy.” I suppressed my urge to giggle.

“Five more minutes?” I suggested. I heard him sigh.

“How about fifteen?” he bargained. I shot up in confusion, then held my head because I sat up way too quickly. He chuckled at me before going on. “I’ll go make you some breakfast and bring it up to you, love,” he offered, kissing me on the forehead. I began to protest, but he silenced me with a quick, sweet kiss before laying me back down. I was too tired to argue, so I just went with it, plopping down into the comfort of the bed and snuggling up to my fluffy Strawberry Shortcake pillow.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

The obnoxious reverberation of a phone vibrating on a hard surface rudely ripped me away from the grip of peaceful unconsciousness. I groaned lightly to myself, deciding to open my eyes in five seconds. Which turned into a sleepy ten… But the buzz kept going insistently. “What the fuck does this world want from me?” I grumbled to myself. I was surprised at the lack of a familiar chuckle next to me, then realized Niall must’ve already gone downstairs. I leaned over the edge of the bed to retrieve my phone, and I kind of just hung there as I opened the three texts I had received, too tired to lift my upper body back on to the bed. I also noticed I had some twitter mentions, which was odd, but I decided to check those later. I rolled my eyes when I saw that all three messages were from Niall, demanding I go downstairs to eat breakfast with him because Harry made something special. I sighed heavily and let my body flop, slowly sliding off of the bed and onto the hard floor until I was merely a lump. I didn’t move, and I would’ve fallen asleep if Niall’s voice hadn’t sounded from the doorway. “You’re not doing a very good job of waking up,” he remarked. I rolled around the floor so I was facing him and stuck my tongue. There was the laugh I was aching to hear. I smiled at the beautiful sound, biting my bottom lip out of habit.