Chapter 5: Me and My Stupid Pride Are Sitting Here Alone

Chapter 5: Me And My Stupid Pride Are Sitting Here Alone.

*Julia’s P.O.V.*

“This one girl even told me she was a lesbian just to get out of dating me.” I giggled a bit, not believing Todd’s confession.

“Seriously?” I asked. He nodded in confirmation. “But you’re like, really hot!” I had a sudden déjà vu moment, flashing back to the kiss with Louis. This was exactly how that had happened, him telling me about past girl troubles, me calling him hot without thinking, and then he complimented me and we leaned in… Stop that right now! You are with Todd!

“Well you’re pretty gorgeous yourself,” he murmured, his face slowly gravitating closer and closer to mine. I can’t do this. I can’t do this. It reminded me way too much of the kiss with Louis, the slight kiss that had haunted me for two months. Not kissing Todd means giving into Louis, I decided. I leaned forward and met him half way, his wet lips colliding with mine.

I wouldn’t say there were sparks exactly, but it felt amazing. There was a tingling sensation and his lips just moved so perfectly. It was obvious he knew what he was doing, but I wasn’t even thinking about that. I was incapable of thinking at all. I was so consumed by the flawlessness of the kiss that my brain wasn’t even working; it was like my body had a mind of its own. I entangled my fingers in his copper red hair as he ran his hands up and down my torso. Wait, what’s happening? I wondered dimly as I realized what was going on. With much effort I finally pulled away. Todd looked at me with eyes that sparkled with a new light. I smiled at him as he smiled wildly down at me. “Well this is going quickly…” I mumbled, trailing off as I still wasn’t really sure what to make of the situation.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized quietly, his face dropping. I felt horrible; I mean I hadn’t meant to hurt his feelings or anything. I planted a swift kiss on his lips, granting him a comforting smile. He seemed to lighten up a bit after that, though I’ll admit, when it was just a peck the kiss was nothing special.

“Don’t be,” I assured him. He smiled crookedly and I grinned in response. It was quite adorable.

“Well, it’s getting late. I should probably be getting you home,” he replied kindly, getting up and offering me his hand. I took it and let him escort me down to the dock. His hands were soft and comforting, but they were nothing in comparison to the perfect fit of Louis’.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

I sniffled into the pillow, my petty sobs subsiding. It was so rare to see Louis upset, and knowing I was the cause… It hurt me. I felt so terrible. Why the fuck did I let her go? I yelled at myself in mental regret. Why didn’t I tell Louis? Why did I have to go and fuck everything up? Angry, remorseful why’s raced through my mind endlessly. Another sob escaped as I convinced myself that I was a horrible person. “Haley?” a deep, distinct accent came from my doorway. I sat up, quickly wiping my tears away and sniffling softly. I turned around and smiled wobbly at a concerned Liam. “What’s wrong, love?” he asked, closing the door behind him and crossing the room.

“Nothing,” I sighed, trying to convince him I was fine as he sat down on my bed. But that’s kind of hard to do when your eyes are red and your voice is shaking. He pulled me into his lap and wrapped me up in his arms, obviously not buying any of my shit. I entwined my fingers around the back of his neck and lay my head on his chest. His strong, steady heartbeat comforted me and granted me the will to vent to him. I sighed. “Well, Louis hates me,” I confessed softly, holding back tears as I said my worst fear aloud. Louis hates me. My soul best friend hates me. I bit the inside of my cheek and squeezed my eyes shut. I made him hate me.