Chapter 8: You Love Me, I Love You Harder.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

Jesse, Niall, and I decided that it would be fun to take Louis on a shopping trip to get his mind off of the whole Julia and Todd situation. Though, no one knew where the closest mall was and we didn’t exactly want to disturb Michelle and ask, so we settled on a shopping trip at a convenience store. It was actually more of a Wal-Mart kind of store, but I don’t remember what it was called. I just remembered passing it on the drive up to the house. I entwined my fingers through Niall’s swinging our hands as we strolled through the parking lot. I glanced over at Louis to see that he and Jesse were joking around, but they both looked a bit distant. I mean most of the time Jesse did a good job of covering up the pain he felt from losing Derek, but Louis’ attitude must’ve been affecting him as well.

The automatic doors slid open, the refreshing air conditioning saving us from the sweltering air outside. I looked around and saw that it resembled Wal-Mart quite a bit. It even had the same smell and fat people strolling throughout the aisles. I smirked at my own thought, instantly heading for the snack section with Niall. “You two are so predictable,” Jesse teased, shaking his head.

“Well where else do you go in a store like this?” Niall countered. I smiled in agreement.

“You’ll see,” he replied, his chapped lips curling up into a mischievous grin. I raised my eyebrows at him questioningly. “Be right back.” And with that he started dashing through the aisles.

“I’m going to go look at the candy and magazines,” Lou said dismissively, beginning to walk away.

“To see how many you’re on the cover of?” I retorted teasingly.

“Exactly!” he replied perkily, spinning on his heel. I giggled and little and rolled my eyes, following Niall down the hall of crap food. There were endless shelves of cookies and other treats with names I had never heard of before, but they still looked amazing. I was still mesmerized when I heard whispers and poorly contained squeals come from down the aisle. I turned to see two girls who looked about fourteen and nine staring at us from down the hall. The older one was wearing a “LOVE Niall” shirt and the younger one was wearing a shirt with Zayn on the front.

I smiled and tapped Niall, who was still captivated, on the shoulder and pointed to the girls. The little one, probably the little sister, grabbed the other one’s hand as they began walking toward us, acting as if they were in the presence of God. Of course, in their minds they probably were.

“H-hi,” the older one stammered. She looked close to tears. Niall beamed back at her, though I knew he hated seeing fans cry.

“Hello,” he replied kindly. “How are you?” he asked, carrying on the conversation.

“Good, how are you?” she replied shakily, smiling in disbelief. The little sister was just staring silently, a huge grin plastered on her face. She was absolutely adorable.

“I’m wonderful!” Niall replied brightly.

“Sorry to bother you, but could we get a picture with you?” the older sister asked timidly. Niall smiled kindly in response.

“Of course!” The girl smiled and pulled out her phone.

“I’ll take it if you want,” I offered. The girl smiled and handed me her phone. Niall stood next to the older girl, since the younger girl obviously wasn’t leaving her sister’s side. They all smiled and I snapped the picture, but it was blurry. They began to separate but I stopped them. “Wait, it was blurry! Let me try again,” I said, still sort of trying to figure out how to work the damn thing. Niall smirked at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. I noticed the two girls giggling at us and I grinned smugly to myself. They smiled and I took the picture correctly, handing the girl her phone back.