Extra: The Wedding

The Wedding.

*Haley's P.O.V.*

I studied myself in the mirror as Lou worked her magic with my hair, styling it perfectly yet holding my curls delicately, so as to not damage them. Lou was the only person I trusted with my hair, (endless concerts spent backstage really help you bond with the hair dresser) and she never ceased to amaze me with her talent. My hair looked absolutely gorgeous, as did my makeup. (Compliments of Michelle and Sydney.) But even though my hair and makeup was gorgeous, my expression didn't exactly live up to the standards that they had set; I looked like a fawn, frozen in the middle of a midnight lane, terrified as headlights approached nearer and nearer; which was a pretty accurate match to the fluttering sensation in my chest. No, fluttering wasn't the right word. A more accurate description would be to say that my heart felt like it had sunk and was bouncing around like a pinball machine, crashing against my ribs and breastplate in a desperate attempt to escape and constricting my lungs in the process. I frantically checked the clock, seeing that I only had ten minutes before heading out.

I studied myself in the mirror once more, my glossed lips trembling and perfectly lined eyes wide with anxiety and excitement. Despite the creamy foundation and concealer that had been applied to my skin, I knew beneath it I was sickly pale; I could feel it in the uncomfortable temperature of my face. I wasn't sure exactly why I was so nervous, I mean after all, nothing made me happier than Niall. I still remember his proposal as if it was yesterday.

We were playing in the meadow in the woods behind the house one day (Yes, twenty something year olds can play in meadows too.) when he twirled me around and held me close to him. I giggled, holding his hands in mine as I stared up into his bright blue eyes. The cloudless sky above us didn't even compare to the sight right before me. The tips of our noses grazed each other slightly, the grin staying on my lips. "I love you so much," he murmured, brushing his lips against mine.

"I love you too," I replied, almost automatically, as I closed my eyes and swayed into him slightly, the wonderful aroma of his cologne becoming mildly intoxicating.

"Like, I really, really love you." The tone in his voice sent chills down my spine, and I listened intently as he went on. "I don't just love you; I need you. When you walked through the door the first night of that fateful June, with raindrops caught in the curly wisps of your beautiful brown hair, you took my breath away. I was terrified of hugging you, because I was worried you would be able to feel my heart ramming like a drum against your chest." This beautiful confession was followed by a pause, just brief enough for us to concentrate on the steady beating of our hearts in that very moment.

"You looked so beautiful," he went on. "You always did, always have, always will. I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. It was a bit embarrassing at first, but I became less shy about it when I noticed the way you smiled and blushed all adorably whenever I would look at you." Of course, to that my cheeks warmed pleasantly; even after all the years that had passed, the boy never ceased to get that reaction from me. "I was so head over heels for you. It was quite a shock, really, seeing as how I had just met you. But there was just something about you... I know I sound cheesy, but you know how I get," he chuckled. I grinned up at him, but didn't interrupt; normally I would've denied his compliments or showered him with even more, but this sounded important, and his tone implied he didn't intend for me to say anything during this speech. That both excited and frightened me at the same time. "When I sang to you that morning -my lord you were so confused, it was adorable -and you said yes. I was like had never known a joy like that before." I thought back to the morning he asked me to be his, every detail still etched fondly in my mind; his nervousness, my refusal to believe it was actually happening, our mutual excitement. It was something I would never -could never -forget.