Chapter 32: I just like hanging out with you

Chapter 32: I Just Like Hanging Out With You

*Sydney's P.O.V.*

"You've got everything you need, right sweetie?" That must've been the twentieth time my mom asked me that question, and although her motherly concern was sweet, it was getting a bit old.

"Yes ma. And yes, I'm positive," I added, cutting her off before she even began saying what I knew she would. She smiled at me, a bittersweet sparkle shining in her warm brown eyes.

"And you're sure you're okay with this plan?" a masculine voice which I had almost grown used to asked from beside her. I looked over at Daniel and smiled. Yesterday, the three of us had spent the entire day together, negotiating and 'bonding' and such, and it was actually pretty fun. I had learned to like Daniel. Not love, but like. He wasn't too bad. The genuine need for my opinion that shone clear on his face warmed my heart.

"Mhm," I nodded. We had agreed that I could go spend a week with Liam, then a week with the parents, and then off to school. It wasn't the ideal arrangement, but it would work out. We had already discussed it with Liam, who agreed whole-heartedly.

"Well then I guess we should get going," Daniel replied, taking my bags and heading towards the front door. I was about to insist on taking them, but he was already a pretty far distance ahead of us. So I grabbed my purse and followed, following them out to the old truck.

*Haley's P.O.V.*

"Get in the water, you pussy!" I called to Julia from the water, underwater lake much squishing between my toes. I didn't mind it; I went swimming in the St. Lawrence River every summer for my entire life, so I had grown used to it.

"But I just straightened my hair!" she whined from the dock, eyeing the water unsurely. I rolled my eyes at her annoyingly girly ways.

"I will drag you in!" I threatened. She was about to respond when a dripping Louis climbed the ladder onto the dock and stood next to her. I smirked, waiting to see what he would do now. He looked caring, but I know him. I knew he was up to something.

"Aw, love you don't have to go in if you don't want to," he assured her, hugging her. She shrieked in response to his wet hug, and screamed even louder when he jumped in, her body still in his arms. Her screams were soon cut off by the water, replaced with my laughter. I could hear Niall laughing with me from beside me and I smiled over at him. He winked at me before submerging himself in the somewhat murky water, scaring me a bit. My suspicions were proven to be correct when a pair of hands grabbed my ankles and dragged me under. I started to scream, but all I could do before I was immersed was take a gulp of air. I thrashed violently, quickly feeling my foot coming in contact with something. My ankles were freed immediately and my mind began to race with guilty thoughts as I feared I had accidentally kicked him in the face. I surfaced as he did, and I was relieved to see that he was holding his shoulder and not any part of his precious face.

"Sorry!" I squealed, swimming over to him and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"No, I'm sorry," he replied, the smirk on his lips and sparkle in his clear blue eyes clearly not regretting anything. "But damn, you can kick," he commented in some kind of disbelief, causing me to giggle as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Aw, I'm sorry," I cooed, kissing his lips. They tasted like lake water, but mine probably did too. Just as he was leaning into the kiss as well, I pulled back and shoved down on his shoulders in one swift movement. Honestly, I was surprised it worked. Usually when I try to dunk people they just stand there, completely unaffected by my efforts. He sprung up after a second of course, but I still felt accomplished.