Chapter 16: A Drop In The Ocean.

Chapter 16:  A Drop In The Ocean.

*Julia’s P.O.V.*

I woke up on an uncomfortably stiff surface, the sounds around me changing every few seconds. I opened my eyes tiredly to find myself on the living room floor with a giant blanket draped over my curled up body. I was facing the TV, which was flickering to a different program constantly, the person holding the remote obviously not content with any of the options being given. We were in England, so I obviously didn’t recognize any of the programs. I turned over onto my other side to find Louis sitting cross legged on the couch, still in his pajamas, holding the remote out towards the TV and pressing the buttons with his thumb in a bored, steady rhythm. I propped myself up on my elbow, too tired to get up just yet. “Morning, love,” he greeted me, acknowledging that I was awake without removing his eyes from the television screen. The word love made my heart flutter as I remembered our conversation from last night.

“Why am I on the floor?” I asked in a daze, my last memory being on the couch Louis was currently perched on. A small smile spread across his face as he looked down at me adoringly.

“Well, I guess we kind of fell of the couch in the middle of the night. It woke me up personally, but it didn’t seem to bother you. I didn’t want to risk waking you up by moving you, so I got the blanket and joined you,” he explained with a smile on his face. I smiled at the thought of him sleeping on the floor with me. I mean this floor was not the most comfortable thing.

“Why’d you sleep on the floor?” I asked quizzically, beginning to get up. He looked back at the screen, the grin staying on his face.

“I’d rather sleep next to you than on the couch,” he answered. His words caused a sort of tingly reaction in my body, and even though it was weird, it was pleasurable. I stretched my limbs out a bit before stumbling unsteadily to my feet, wrapped the blanket around my body, and plopped myself down next to a chuckling Louis. “Someone’s tired,” he remarked, draping and arm around my shoulders whilst continuing his channel surfing. I snuggled up into his side, letting my eyelids droop as I buried my face in his chest. I was half awake as it was, and closing my eyes was not helping. But it was too late by then. I felt Louis press his lips to the top of my head, and with a small yawn I was out again.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

“B-but why?” I blubbered as Michelle rocked my shaking body back and forth in her arms. I had washed my teeth, rinsed out my mouth, and explained about all of the hate, and we were now sitting in the corner of the cold tile floor, leaning up against a wall as she cradled me in her arms. I loved the feeling of comfort she was offering me, the feeling that someone actually cared. It was almost sisterly, and it made me realize how much I was missing my older sister. She sighed and petted my hair rhythmically as she began to explain her weight struggles and insecurities, her anorexia, and her relationship with Zayn. I listened intently, absentmindedly twirling a long blonde lock of her surprisingly undamaged hair around in my fingers. I let out an “aw” or a sigh at the appropriate moments, taking in all this new information. It sure taught me to not judge a book by its cover, because you never know the stories that are concealed.

“So please don’t do this to yourself,” she pleaded, tears now strolling down both of our faces. “I know hate and insults are hard to take, especially when it’s a lot of people, but you can’t let them get to you. The number of people supporting you outweighs the number of people who aren’t.” I began to protest, but she cut me off. “I know that the hate seems so much more significant, but paying attention to it isn’t doing you any good. You have to just let it go, even though it seems difficult. By letting them get to you, you’re letting them win.” I digested her words, taking them in. They were your typical pep talk, and I had heard it all before. But that was when they were being said to others, they had never been said to me. I knew that all I had to do was let it go, but it was hard. The words hurt, they cut deep. “Plus, I’ll always be here for you,” she reminded me. “All of us will be here to help you and support you whenever you need us.” I let out a shaky breath and nodded.