Chapter 25: I've Got A World Of Chances For You (part2)

*Haley's P.O.V.*

I rested my head on Niall's chest, tracing and retracing the JW on his shirt, my mind wandering to random places as he hummed a tune I somewhat recognized. I was recalling my trip to the store when I suddenly remembered the "gift" I got for Niall, almost a way to say sorry. I popped up suddenly, catching him off guard. "I just remembered, I got you a present!" I exclaimed, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and standing up. I beamed down at his cute little confused face.

"A present?" he repeated, propping himself up on his elbows. I nodded vigorously, suddenly very enthralled.

"Kind of a physical apology," I explained. I should've known what I was setting myself up for by choosing those words.

"Your virginity?" he asked jokingly with childish excitement in his voice. I rolled my eyes and grinned, suppressing a giggle as I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the bed. Well, I tried to at least. I'm not exactly strong, so he just kind of slumped there for a second before I flicked him on the head. "Owe!" he shrieked in mock pain, rubbing his head with a fake pout on his face. I giggled a bit and pecked his lower lip, earning a smile from his now bright face. "Yep, that got me up!" he joked, following me out the door. I led him down to the kitchen, my hand in his, right where it belonged. My eyes widened as I found Megan and Harry eating the Heads or Tails Double Stuf Oreos I had gotten for Niall. (Well, and me, but mostly for Niall.) Well, Harry was eating them. Megan was stabbing them with a spoon and drowning them in a glass of milk. I couldn't help but smile at her peculiar method, but I was still upset. I would've been less upset had I not been bleeding out of my vagina. Personally, I feel that's a good excuse for anything. Even murder.

"You guys!" I exclaimed, their heads flicking up in unison. "Those were my apology to Niall!" I explained. They shared a green look of guilt before looking back at Niall and me. Harry put the two sides of the cookie he had just been licking back together, slowly smiling as he extended his hand out toward me. I smirked and crossed my arms, shaking my head at his offering.

"Wait," Megan interjected, "what are you apologizing for?" she interrogated. I looked down at my hands, twiddling with my fingers as I wracked my mind for a reply that wouldn't sound as terrible as the answer really was. I felt Niall's hand on my shoulder, and I accepted that there was no way to sugar coat it.

"I cheated on him with Louis..." I trailed off, the words sizzling like metallic poison on my tongue and making every vein and artery in my body clench with guilt and disappointment.

"What?" three voices chorused in synchronized disbelief. Harry's, Megan's, and the worst voice that could've responded right then. A high pitched voice that chilled me to the bone and stopped me in my tracks.

Julia's voice.

I whipped my head around, brown eyes widening as my heart clenched in guilt and fear. Admittedly, I was more terrified than anything else. She wore an incredulous look on her pale face, her crystal blue eyes flickering from the Louis beside her to me to Niall and back to Louis. She shot me one last death glare, stabbing my heart with icy cold daggers before she spun on her heel and stomped upstairs, leaving me with my mouth agape as prickly tears of terror formed behind my eyes.

*Julia's P.O.V.*

I stomped upstairs, confusion, fury, and betrayal all bubbling up inside of me. I didn't know how to sort the anger from the sorrow from the vengeance from the heartbreak from the denial. It all became a red blur of frustration and disorder. I treaded into the bedroom I shared with Meggy, Louis and his ineffective apologies following close behind. I faced the window, fists clenching and ears heating as I heard Louis close the door behind us. I guess a lot can happen behind closed doors. I hated the sweet memories that had been created just minutes before. Louis' gentle touch, his sweet kisses and words. They were all out of guilt, weren't they? "Julia, please listen to me." I clenched my jaw, tears not even forming in my eyes. I knew they probably should've been, but I wasn't about to cry. Nope. Not happening.

"I'm listening," I stated calmly, obviously lying. What I was actually doing was plotting my revenge. I refused to just forgive them. Niall might've, but Niall's a softie. (No offense to him or anything.) I was not about to give them the impression that all was fine and that I was fine being betrayed and deluded. Because that was not the case at all.

"It just kind of happened," he said, more pleading with me than explaining his "mistake". I honestly kind of hated myself for not seeing the signs. They always looked at each other in a certain way that no one else could ever decipher. But the thing is, no one tried to figure out their relationship. No one thought anything of it. Everyone was under the impression that they were just really good friends. I guess it was a little more than that. "I don't know why. I love you, no one else." That. I love you, no one else. That broke me.

"You don't do that to people you love," I spat, still not facing him. I wanted to believe him, and the tiny, naive, gullible part of me did. But not the dominant, realistic, guarded, infuriated side of me. I hated feeling like this, like his love wasn't all mine. I didn't make him share my love, why should I only get a portion of his? It wasn't fair.

And that's when I had it. I knew exactly how to avenge myself and make Louis tick. As he continued apologizing, I whipped out my cell phone. I scrolled through my contacts until my fingertips found the name I was looking for. I pressed "call" and brought the phone to me ear. "Who are you calling?" a weak, worried voice came from behind me. I tried to drown him out with the ringing in my ear, but I couldn't ignore the butterflies I got whenever he spoke. After about the third ring, the voice I hadn't heard in days chimed in my ear.

"Julia?" he asked unsurely, the familiar sexy voice shaking me a bit as uncomfortable and bittersweet flashbacks came flooding into my mind. I collected myself and turned to face Louis, painting a smirk on my lips as my unforgiving blue eyes narrowed on Louis' confused, sad, worn, and concerned face. Honestly, it was nice seeing him look so miserable, considering how terrible and utterly worthless I felt.

"Hey, Todd?" I replied, my lips dripping honey from my overly sweet tone. Louis' ocean blue eyes widened in a mix of horror and anger. My smile widened at his reaction. It was exactly what I had wanted out of him.

"Julia," Louis spoke sternly, "hang up the phone." His orders just motivated me further.

"Uh, yeah, what's up?" Todd's sultry, frighteningly seductive voice poured through the receiver, giving me the strength to crush Louis the way he had just crushed me.

"I'm sorry for running out on you the other night," I mock apologized, twirling a lock of light brown hair around my finger for effect. Lou tensed further, his disapproval elating me. "I was wondering if we could try again?" I suggested in my best innocent doll voice. I'll admit, even I was surprised how flirtatious I was capable of being. Usually I just make fun of flirty people and act all retarded. My devious suggestion really set Louis off.

"Julia. I'm not playing this game," Louis warned. "Put. The phone. Down." How dare you try to tell me what to do when you just had your lips all over my best friend? I thought in a fit of rage, glaring at his worried and angry expression. But my grimace soon turned back into a victorious smirk. There was a wicked sense of pleasure that came with watching him squirm. I even bit my lip, clearly making him twitch even further.

"Oh, uhm, yeah, that sounds great," Todd agreed from the other side of the line. "I'll come pick you up in ten minutes?" he invited, his voice welcoming. Not as welcoming as Louis' usual tone, but I pushed that thought aside, remembering the circumstance.

"Sounds great!" I exclaimed over-perkily, Louis' eyes widening at my response. "See you then." I winked at Louis, just because I could.

"See ya!" Todd exclaimed in obviously bumfuzzled delight. I hung up the phone, never losing eye contact with Louis.

"Julia-" Louis began again before I cut him off.

"What?" I demanded, my tone slicing through the air like knives. "You're allowed to kiss other people and I'm not?" I asked, my anger rising to the surface, vision turning a slight crimson as I got closer to him. Just as he was about to say something back, I leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Who knows what we'll do?" I pulled back, smirking evilly. Of course, I would never do what my words implied, but Louis didn't need to know that. He gave me a heartbreaking look, but I didn't let my pain and sympathy show. The amazing feeling of power that manipulating both of these boys gave me was too great. He didn't even reply; he just turned on his heel and stalked out of the room, leaving me there, sad, empowered, slightly bewildered, and utterly shattered.