Chapter 12: Think I Know Where You Belong.

*Megan’s P.O.V.*

“Veronica is coming over at 13:30,” Harry announced to everyone. I prefer what’s-her-face, I thought with bitter jealousy, picking at the skin around my fingers as a dozen hateful thoughts raced through my mind. What kind of name is Veronica? She’s probably a slut. Why does Harry like her? Why does he have to be so tragically, frustratingly blind? And why 13:30? British time is stupid! Okay, I realize the last thought was just plain stupid, but I was currently able to be pissed off by anything. Haley must’ve noticed, because she subtly pulled one of my hands away from the other.

“That’s a bad habit to get into,” she scolded. But by the squeeze she gave me, I knew she was talking about more than my bad habit. I smiled at her with my eyes before looking down again and continuing to pick.

“Yeah, it’s a bad habit Megs,” Jesse teased. I looked up at him and stuck my tongue out as he smirked playfully. I love Jesse. He was the first person I had opened up to in a while, and he’s like the easiest person to talk to. He gave me a look that I couldn’t quite decipher, so I just shot him a look of slight confusion. “Oh my god Megs, I have to show you something!” he exclaimed, grabbing my hand. He probably fooled everyone else in the room, but I knew he was lying. He didn’t have to show me something; he had to tell me something. We reached his room and he closed the door before sitting me on his bed. We sat cross legged, facing each other. His nearly black eyes stared into my green ones, almost looking into my soul. “I told you, you have to be patient,” he reminded me slowly.

“I am being patient,” I insisted, crossing my arms like an upset little kid. He gave me a look that made it clear that he was not buying it. “Not being patient would be ramming my lips into his and ‘taking care’ of that little slut,” I replied. He cracked a smile, and it was clear he was holding in a chuckle. I didn’t even try to hide it, I giggled freely.

“Aw, come on. We don’t know that she’s a slut yet!” Jesse joked. We laughed together for a moment before realizing how mean we were being. I sighed, switching the mood back to serious.

“I just want to fast forward to when he’s ready, ya know? Or make him ready or something…” I trailed off, not completely sure what I was saying. Jesse nodded anyway, probably understanding my inability to for a coherent thought. I was so happy someone understood me, because I sure as hell didn’t. The doorbell chimed and both of us perked up like dogs, becoming alert. I checked the clock to see that it was 13:28. “Someone likes coming early,” I muttered, getting off of the bed reluctantly and following Jesse out the door. That was just another one of those little things that pissed me off, when usually it wouldn’t bother me. On our way out a shirtless Zayn popped his head out of his doorway, looking a bit panicked.

“Is she here already?” he asked incredulously. I giggled slightly and Jesse nodded in response, a low chuckle escaping his lips. Zayn sighed exasperatedly before retreating back into his room, probably to continue getting ready. The friendly voices coming from the living room below us sickened me slightly, but I shook my head slightly and began walking again before I realized Jesse wasn’t walking with me. I eyed his bent arm curiously, a smirk playing across my lips before I hooked my arm through his, rolling my eyes slightly as we began descending the staircase.

“What is this, prom?” I whispered in his ear. He chuckled quietly, the sound coming from his partly slighted red tinted lips against his pale skin slightly reminding me of Edward Cullen. But not exactly. We approached the cluster of socializing people, Jesse being the one to cut in. I unlinked my arms from his as I took a place next to him and Julia. Veronica came into view, and my heart broke at just the memory of Harry’s beautiful voice being wasted on her name. I tried not to look to jealous or revolted as my skeptical eyes scanned over her perfectly shaped, sun kissed tan body. She was wearing dark denim short and soft grey tank top with a low hanging neck line. The simple outfit was accessorized with black heels and multiple necklaces. Try hard, I judged harshly, my gaze making its way up to her face. She had black wavy hair which was parted down the middle and hung in obnoxiously perfect, shiny waves. She had shiny grey eyes that were rimmed with sparkly silver eyeliner. It was kind of like Dani’s, except Dani’s was always turquoise. She had a huge smile on her face, but I couldn’t but think it looked fake. Her somewhat cold eyes met mine, and I barely made an attempt to smile back.