Chapter 18: I'll Keep You My Dirty Little Secret

*Sydney’s P.O.V.*

Today was the day. I was going to meet my father for the first time in my life. I woke up around 4:30 to the sound of rain beating down on the roof. Wonderful. But I woke up in Liam’s arms, something I wouldn’t have the chance to do for four days. So I made the most of that moment before we eventually had to wake up and get ready. We had to leave by five thirty to get to the airport at six because my plane left at six thirty. I ran the schedule through my head over and over endlessly, memorizing it so nothing went wrong. My mind was currently very scattered, so I needed some order to calm myself. At the moment, Liam and I were in the care, driving through the pelting rain to the airport. He had one hand on the wheel and the other in mine, as usual. I stared out the window as the small rain droplets streamed down the car window, reminding me eerily of tears. All the tears I had cried every father’s day. All the tears I had cried every time someone asked about my dad and I was unable to give them an answer.

I just had on question in my head: why? Why did he decide to come back into my life now? I mean I guess it’s better late than never, but I was just starting to get my life together. Liam was piecing everything together for me, and just as I think I found the last piece of the puzzle my father comes and rips it a part, shattering all the work I had slaved over for the past nineteen years of my life. I squeezed Liam’s hand, collecting myself as the airport sign came into view through the downpour. We entered and paid the toll and such, the long procedure flying by much too quickly for my liking. I didn’t want to leave Liam. To be honest, I was scared.

As we made our way to the entrance, the rain cascaded off of the edges of our bright yellow umbrella and surrounded us, making it seem as if we were in our own little world. It supplied the kind of security that I would have to just grip onto memories of for the next four days.

We small talked until the fateful moment. The moment my flight was announced. I suddenly became very nervous, and didn’t want to let go of Liam’s hand. Ever. My head was spinning slightly as we approached the front of the tunnel. I turned to Liam, not letting my fear show. He looked down at me with his sad, puppy dog eyes, breaking my heart. “Be safe,” he instructed, kissing my forehead tenderly. I closed my eyes and smiled for a moment, enjoying the last few seconds I had with someone I felt secure with.

“It’s only four days,” I reminded him, placing a kiss on his lips. He smiled at me and sighed, nodding.

“I’ll miss you,” he informed me quietly. I smiled sadly and told him the feeling was mutual before we shared one more passionate kiss. The second call ripped me away from his arms. As the lady let me through, I looked over at Liam, standing there all lonesome, he blew me one last kiss and I pretending to catch it and store it in my pocket, making both of us smile at my stupid humor. I turned around, taking a breath as I started down the white tunnel, extremely grateful that I saved that kiss.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

Louis and I were lounging on his bed, my body resting easily in his arms. My mind was still trying to process what we had just done, but it obviously wasn’t getting through. If I realized what I had done to Niall I would be sobbing. But who do I go to when I feel like breaking down and drowning in my own tears? Louis.So this isn’t so wrong, right? I couldn’t convince myself that it was wrong… I knew it was wrong, but I refused to believe that I was actually that much of a bitch. I mean I would never do that to Niall. Hate to break it to ya babe, but ya did. I clung to Louis’ shirt, trying to shush the voices. “So what do we do now?” Louis asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. Well, not actually, because his question was basically the same topic.