Chapter 31: It's cool 'cause we're just friends

Chapter 31: It's Cool 'Cause We're Just Friends

*Jesse’s P.O.V.*

I sat in the kitchen with Liam, spinning around on the swivel stools absently once he had finished venting about Sydney. Not that I minded much; they were adorable. Niall strode into the room, making a bee line for the fridge.Shocker, I thought, smirking a bit to myself. “Hey Ni, how’s the whole Haley-Louis situation going?” I asked with genuine concern. (Okay, I admit, I also like staying up to date with the whole dramatic situation.) He turned to me, the bright artificial light making his sad blue eyes shine. It hurt me to see him like that; he was such a cute, innocent little boy. Well, most of the time at least.

“Well it hurts, not gonna lie,” he sighed, sitting next to Liam and taking a swig of orange juice straight from them carton. Liam rolled his eyes as the action, while I listened intently to what he had to say next. “But I forgive them. I mean I love both of them, and I get it. And I told them I forgive them, I must’ve told Haley just about a hundred times, yet she still doesn’t forgive herself.” He looked so defeated and lost, as if wracking his brain for some kind of solution to his problem. But then again, he probably was. “I don’t know what else to do to get her to not feel bad!” he exclaimed.

“Well there’s this beautiful thing called make up sex,” I joked with a mischievous smirk. He chuckled a bit, shaking his head at me.

“Trust me, I’ve tried,” he joked back, making me crack up. Liam gave him a pretend stern fatherly glare before chuckling to himself as well. Nialler smiled to himself a little more before it slowly faded. He sighed, running a hand through his blonde locks, exposing his dark roots. “But seriously, why can’t she just forgive herself?” he asked rhetorically.

“Because she’s Haley,” Liam answered. Yeah, that was pretty much a good enough answer. Niall smiled to himself again, seeming more lost in thought this time. I mentally swooned at the adorableness, knowing for a fact he was just falling even deeper in love with that girl. It made me want to do something, anything to help them.

“Okay, you, Halez, Lou, Julez and I are having a group therapy session in the living room,” I announced decisively. I was kind of acting on a whim, and I didn’t have even a whisper of a plan, but I decided to just wing it and see how that went. The hopeful look on Niall’s face made it all worth it.

“You really think that’ll help?” he asked, a tinge of doubtfulness in his voice. I placed my hand on my chest, acting offended.

“It physically hurts that you doubt me,” I answered playfully. “Besides, it couldn’t hurt.” Okay, that was a lie. A lot could probably go wrong with this, but they had to do something. I mean I knew Niall forgave both of them, and by the lack of smashing lamp sounds from upstairs I assumed Louis and Julia had made up, but Haley and Louis probably felt very awkward around each other. Not to mention Haley’s newfound depression and the death Julia was probably plotting for her.

“I guess you’re right…” he trailed off, clearly still considering it as he sloshed the juice around the carton.

“Perfect!” I exclaimed, not giving him a chance to back out. I popped up from my seat and smiled at him encouragingly. “I’ll go fetch the other attendants,” I excused myself, leaving Niam alone. I swear, if they weren’t so cute with their girlfriends I would ship those two so hard… Pushing my homosexual fantasies aside, I made my way up the stairs, deciding to retrieve Haley first. I knocked on her door, receiving no response. “Halez?” I called, stepping into the room.