Chapter 8 - How It Was

[(Y/n) POV]

Flashback 1 year ago~

"Haha, I can't believe you blew up the haunted house cause your scream was so loud." Shouto chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess you can say I'm a bit of a klutz." I blushed embarrassed.

Me, Shouto and Mrs. Todoroki we're in the hospital talking. I looked out the window and noticed it was dark. I was having so much fun I had lost track of time.

"It's getting late Mom we should go," Shouto said getting up from his chair beside me and kissing her on the cheek.

"Hours in this hospital room have never passed by so quickly!" Her smile was bright as she looked at her son.

"Thank you very much for the fun evening Mrs. Todoroki." I bowed and walked out the room with Shouto waving goodbye.

"Allow me to walk you home (Y/n)." Small tints of blush tinted his cheeks.

"Yes. Thank you." I turned away and walked ahead so he couldn't see my red face.

This was the third time I had spent time with Shouto and his mother. They were really nice people.

"Here we are," I said as I came to a stop at my small townhouse.

"Thank you (Y/n) you really make my mother happy in that sad place." He flashed me a small smile.

"No problem I love hanging out and chatting with your mom. She's a really kind lady." I paused and pondered on whether I should make this comment.  "She doesn't deserve to be in there," I said it as softly as I could.

His eyes widened but quickly returned to there soft nature. "Yes, it's a shame." He muttered not really knowing what to say.

Should I hug him?

He went in for the hug and I put my hand out for him to shake. Seeing that we both did something different we switched. I went for the hug and he put out his hand.

We both laughed and hugged. His body was warm as it molded into mine.

"Goodnight Shouto." I waved as he waited for me to walk in my home.

"Goodnight (Y/n)."

That was the last night I spoke to Shouto before all this began.

Back to present time~

My eyes shoot open form yet another nightmare. They were always the same. I would be tortured, wouldn't be able to talk and then, in the end, I would die.

The only thing that really helped me clear my head was the sunrise.

I had been getting better and my screams had mostly stopped. If the dream was really bad I would scream for help and wake the whole house up. Today was not one of those days.

I climbed up the latter and sat on the roof dangling my legs off the side. The sky had just started to turn to warm colors.

After a while of watching the sunrise, I heard movement on the ladder. Red and white hair was the first thing I saw.

"Morning." Was all he said simply. I didn't respond.

I still couldn't trust him completely he wasn't the same. Everything that happened changed him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked gently he knew that question bothered me, but it had to be asked.

"Fine, I guess."

There was a silence as he sat down and stared off at the sky with me.

"You know everyone has a reason to the things they do." He spoke his voice sad.

I looked at him with wondering eyes. "What was yours?"

Yes, Shouto tell me what was the reason for killing all those innocent people and stabbing me in the back like that?

"That's for another time."

"Why bring it up in the first place then?"

"Cause I don't want you to think I'm a monster. The difference is people do things with a reason behind it, monsters don't."

I recalled the time I called him a monster. He seemed really hurt by that.

"I see."

The sun looked like it was almost past my thumb to make sure, I placed it under the star and closed one eye.

Shouto eyed me curiously.

The sun was almost above my finger.

"Why do you do that every morning?" he asked staring at me.

"When the sun goes over me thumb I get this wash of happiness it almost feels like a great accomplishment even though I did nothing."

Another thumb, this one slightly bigger was placed under the sun. I looked over to see him with one eye closed and his hand out.

Shouto you really know how to mix my emotions all over the place.

Not too long after the sun reached above our thumbs and we climbed down.

The smell of pancakes and eggs filled my nose as we walked in the house. Mrs. Todoroki was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Morning Shouto, (Y/n)."

"Morning." We both said in unison.

We sat down and ate breakfast.

After we cleaned the house a bit. It was the first time I was able to help since my scars and wounds were almost all better.

There was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it, you two go hide." Mrs. Todoroki said more as a demand.

We listened even though it was risky, we had no choice, people were after the both of us. Dangerous people.

We went into Shouto's room. I pressed my ear against the door. It was muffled, but I could still hear.

"Hello, Mrs. Todoroki." A voice all too familiar rung in my ear.

Tomura. Shit...

After that, a loud scream was heard and the door was slammed. Shouto practically broke the door down and ran out on the streets looking frantically.

He looked infuriated. He was about to scream her name, but I quickly slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Don't attract attention to yourself! Screaming and getting locked behind bars won't get her back!" He calmed down and I let go of him.

"Let's go." He walked back in the house I followed behind.

"Grab everything you need. After we move I'm going to get my mother." He said throwing essentials in a black duffle bag.

I was going to argue with him, but Mrs. Todoroki has done for too much for me, I have to pay her back.

"Where will we go?" I questioned packing up the few things I think I would need.

"I have a small place deep in the forest close to here. I'll take you there and go look for my mother."

"No! I want to come with you." He paused what he was doing and looked at me.

"Will discuss this later let's go."

With that, we were off.

Here I am walking into a forest with villains coming after me. And my only hope is a guy who tried to kill me. What could possibly go wrong?

————————————————————————
A/n
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I really tried to make sure that everything form the previous chapters added up. There's going to be a lot going on in the next couple chapters, so get ready! Till next time Selena~Chan out!