You're the one... Protector

Even though my heart was racing, I felt it slowing down. "Gaa...Gaara. . . He..lp... Help m. .me. . ." I started to pass out. My breathing became irregular and my sweat drenched my clothing. I was becoming unconscious now. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

"Natsu?" he asked me as my thrashing became less frequent. My legs gave out and instead of them being bent, they went soft and limp. My eyes started to roll white and my mouth hung slightly open. "Natsu? Stay with me girl. Wake up!" he yelled as he held my trembling body in his arms.

'Why?... Why is my body.. giving up?' I thought as my blue eyes started to turn grey. Then he said something I thought he wouldn't had said. Was he telling the truth to bring me back or was it really him?!. "...Gaara...Gaara's here, Gaara's right by your side. I saved you from that demon Sasuke. Just please, Wake up" as he held me tightly in his arms.

He then pulled me and sat me up to make me lay on his chest, so my back rested there. He then placed his hands on my chest and his head on my neck. "Breathe.. Follow my breathing patterns Natsu. Just copy me" he said to me as I was still hyperventilating heavily.

My legs started to push me into Gaara but he held me back. The duvet covers on my bed looked more like rugged mountains created by my feet escaping from Sasuke in my eyes. "Relax, breathe like me" as his hands were secured onto my chest. I started to breathe with him but I was still breathing to fast for him.

The image of Sasuke ravaging my body with his, sent me into shock. "NO!" I screamed as I started to thrash again but Gaara held me tight. His hands travelled to my waist as he started to release his grip on me. "Natsu...Gaara's here" he whispered into my ear.

My legs and arms started to fly around and I started screaming again. "NO! NO! NO!" as my body gave a spark of electricity and he placed his hands back on my chest. "Calm down. Sasuke's not here, Gaara's here instead see". He sounded so gentle and caring but was this the real Gaara?

I started to breathe along with him as he slowly released my chest for the second time. "There, you ok now?" he asked me as he let me go from his hands.

He helped me get through my hyperventilating moment and turned me round so I faced him. The moon peeked through the window and the light hit his face. I was shocked.

That red spiky, them green emerald eyes, the tattoo imprinted on his forehead... It was really Gaara. He was actually here! Was I daydreaming or was this actually real?! In my room! And he carried me home and cleaned my wounds...That means he was the one who fought Sasuke.

I couldn't think straight now and I stuttered "H-hold me" as I grasped onto his top. My body still shook with fright of the event which had just happened. I felt him tense up as he has never had a hug from a girl apart from his mother when he was born.

When he was born, he told me that he was premature and his mother died. She died from the loss of blood apparently. So his uncle (his mothers brother) looked after him till his father sent him to kill poor Gaara. His own flesh and blood Yashamaru attempted to kill him and Gaara killed him at the age of six. He didn't know till he unraveled his mask and that's what caused Gaara's tattoo.

He slowly but surely placed his hands on my back and on my head, comforting me gently. "Natsu I-" "He tried raping me.. I couldn't d-do anything but hold in them horrid noises, b-but it became unbearable. He groped me and now, w-when I sleep, I see it a-all over again" I whispered as I held his top more tightly.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I clutched him more tightly, slightly being able to hear his heartbeat.

"Natsu. I'm here now, don't worry" as he pulled me back, rocking me gently and gave a small warm smile. "Gaara, I.." I stuttered quietly as I looked away from him.

I couldn't look at him, he warmed my heart with his smile and it was the cure of what made me feel better. "Gaara..." as I looked at him with my face flustered. "Get some sleep now, I'll be here in the morning, protecting you still. I'll be in the living room okay? If you need me, call me".

He got up from my bed and left the room, closing the door behind him. 'Gaara. . T-thank you' I thought as I laid back in my bed and fluttered my eyes close. Sleeping this time around was much easier as I drifted off almost automatically.

This time I didn't dream of that monster. But I dreamt of Gaara, protecting me at all times like he said. I knew that this was going to be a good nights sleep. With Gaara in my house, I couldn't be happier. I loved him, but did he know? Does he... love me back?

For saying that 'I'm here now' and that 'I'm protecting you'. Maybe he does love me back but doesn't know how to show it yet. But, I can't jump to conclusions now. I have to watch and see what happens.

Maybe in the morning, I'll forget what happened today. Think that this was all a bad dream and that the good part was that Gaara came to my rescue. My knight in shining armour and I was the princess who was locked away... What a life that would be...