School - Dream or Nightmare?

We eventually reached school to be greeted by all my friends. Naruto - the blonde fool but my brother from another mother. Sakura - The girl with the cherry blossom name with pink hair. Ino - The girl with blonde long... long... long hair and fights with Sakura even though they are best friends. And Hinata - The most shy girl in school. Her cheeks always flare around Naruto however. This tells me something haha.

"Natsu! What took you so long?!" Ino screamed as she gave me a large hug. "I was late" I made up as she then pulled me back and moved her eyes quickly from mine to Gaara's.

"Oh.. He saw me this morning and walked to school with me" I smiled to her. "Yeah.. Course you did" she sighed as she pulled me away from Gaara. "We've been here for ages ya know" Naruto complained to me. "Sorry, I was late waking up" I shrugged to him. "You always wake up early. You go to bed late?" Sakura asked me.

"My Chakra levels were low so I slept in. And guess what?!" I suddenly said changing the subject. "W-what is it Natsu?" Hinata spoke softly. "I've got a kitten". They all awed and kept trying to pull me away from Gaara.

"What happened to your cheek sis? It weren't there yesterday" Naruto inspected as he held my face. "Oh.. about that. I.. I was training late last night and fell off a tree. I didn't know till I woke up this morning" I lied.

"Well, if a tree did that, the cut wouldn't be straight but it would be curved in the direction of the tree... What really happened?" Sakura growled gently. "She was having a battle with me last night and she injured herself, so I took her home and cleaned her wound" I heard Gaara say behind us as we stopped in our tracks.

"You what?!" Everybody screamed in unison, causing me to shrival up from the loud noises. "You hurt her you idiot!" Sakura screamed as she was going to hit Gaara.

Gaara POV

She was going to hit me. I don't care. I'll accept the hit just for Natsu. I can't let them know that Sasuke did this to her. I was ready for the blow. Her hand was already clutched into a fist and she started to lurch forward.

Just before she hit me, I heard the blow contact skin. I opened my closed eyes to see Natsu holding her fist in her hand. Her sleeves fell down and showed the bandages rapped round her arms. Her friends gasped and judging by her reaction, she didn't care.

Back to normal

My friends gasped at the view of my arms but I didn't care. They saw the gash on my face, and now my crimson bandages. "Natsu.. what happened?" Naruto gasped as he split me and Sakura up. "Self Harm" as I walked off.

I sensed Gaara follow me and I left my God-smacked friends behind. "Self Harm?" Gaara questioned as he caught me up. " I deliberately injured myself. He was on me. I couldn't have him linger on my skin" I sighed as I walked into the school doors.