Life Or Death

I left her bed and pulled the chair over to her, placing myself on it while holding her white hand.

"Gaara.. She's gone. Let's go" I heard Shukaku say sadly and I refused. "I will not leave her. I was so close into helping her, and now she's gone. I'm staying. Leave me be Shukaku" I growled and he turned in his cage. "Fine, be like that Gaara. It'll be better if you leave now."

I held her hand close to my face and kissed it gently, tasting the coldness of her. "I'm sorry Natsu... But... But I can't watch you in front of me like this... It tears me apart.". I got up from my chair but then something suspicious happened. The grip of her hand tightened against mine and I turned to look at her but she still didn't move.

"Gaara, wait" I heard. It was Hana next to me and I stared at her. "Why do I need to stay? It makes me sad just seeing her in the state she is in" I replied and she sighed.

"She's fighting for her life. Just wait" she said and I looked at her seriously. "What do you mean, 'She's fighting for her life?'" I asked and she looked at her younger sister sadly. "It's a process each individual soul has to do before dying. She has to fight for her life" she said quietly and I held her hand. "I took the test..." she mumbled yet I ignored her.

"Natsu... Come back to me... I believe in you"

* * * * * * *

"Where am I...... Anybody?" I echoed through the vase space as nothing replied to me. "Natsu Nozomi..." I heard loudly which caused me to spin round aimlessly. "Whose there?" I yelled scared as I backed away from nothing. "Natsu... Do you wish our help to succeed in this battle?" I heard once again and I stopped.

"Battle?". " Yes, these battles consist of courage, wisdom and power. You will face each trial of questions. Pass them all and you succeed back into life. Fail, and you will banish from the living". My body began to feel light as I saw a forest with Hana in there with me.

"The first challenge: Courage. Now, when you and Hana was in the woods, you got pulled away. You escaped and saw Hana panting correct?" the voice said and I nodded in agreement. I saw the image of it all again and I pushed it away. "Correct"

"Then, another pair of arms caught you and Hana saw you. What will you do now if this situation came back alive?" they asked and I hissed. "I would kill the man behind me and save Hana. It may impossible but my sister was everything I had" I explained and they laughed. "That's a lot from a girl like you" and I smirked.

"What's next then? Wisdom?" I said and they sighed. "Quick aren't you? Okay. Second challenge: Wisdom. Now, I believe that Sasuke Uchiha attempted to rape you correct?" they asked and I was going to shout till I stopped myself.

"Sasuke Uchiha did try to rape me but he told me last night that it was his hormones playing up" I recalled and they laughed. "Clever, I thought you would have screamed bloody Mary".

"Finally, power... Fight me". Thunder rumbled the ground and lightning struck. A faint person in a large cloak and spiky hair came out and they had the Rinnegon. "S-sage of six paths..." I stuttered as I bowed at his presence.

"Natsu, why do you bow before me?" he asked and I still bowed with respect. "Two of my loving friends carry the tailed beasts within them and you helped raise them beasts as your own. It will be impossible to beat you my lord" I said respectfully as I heard footsteps approach me.

"Natsu, that was a test my dear. I have known many people who have tried to defeat me and failed the test. I know that nobody but the tailed beasts can stop me and you proved right. You knew you couldn't beat me, so you showed your respect. That my dear, will let you live" he smiled.

Tears fell down my face and I bowed even more, showing my deepest gratitude. I felt a pair of arms hug me and I noticed it was the sage of six paths. "Don't cry Natsu. You may return back to the world but it will take several hours" he whispered as my tears stained his cloak.

"Thank you so much... Did... Did Hana take this test too?" I asked and he chuckled. "Yes she did. She passed it yet she wasn't in the condition to return to the world. Instead, she roams as a ghost..." he stopped as I looked at him carefully. "She watches over you Natsu. Protecting you from any harm" he explained and nodded.

"Could you..Bring her back... Please. I need her back in my life please. She was my everything" I sniffed and he shook his gently yet sadly. "I'm sorry but it is beyond my power of doing that" he said and I hugged him with sadness.

"Okay.... Thank you anyways" I felt myself fading and being lifted away from the sage of six paths arms. "Take care now". He vanished from the vicinity.

* * * * * * *

Natsu's P.O.V

I turned a little and felt something heavy placed on my chest.

12.34am. Thursday. 19th January.

"I've been asleep for a week..." I muttered as my eyes slowly opened. I saw a head full of red hair laid on my chest and his face facing towards me. That tattoo stared me in the eyes and I smiled a little. "Natsu..." I heard him mumbled in his sleep meanwhile my hand caressed his hair.

I wanted to say his name yet I was still too weak. Half of his body was on me while the rest slept on the chair. That's when I heard the heart metre begin to speak again.

Beep.........Beep......Beep...Beep...Beep..Beep..Beep..Beep..Beep

My heart was fighting to get my body working again and I coughed a little, stirring Gaara. I found my voice hidden in my throat and called out his name.

"Gaara.."

His head moved gently and his closed black insomnia eyes opened to be green. His hair wasn't as lively yet his eyes expressed all his feelings.

"Natsu?... You're awake!" He yelled as his hands found their way round my back and his head was placed next to mine. "Oh Natsu! I've been waiting here for days and nights waiting for you to return!" he cried and I hugged him gently.

"You waited for me?" I asked and he nodded quickly. "For a full week I have waited for you. Many people thought that I was going crazy but you've returned!" he yelled and I pushed him back.

"You're not the Gaara I use to know" I sighed as he laughed a little wacky. "I'm fine! Perfectly fine!" he complained and I slapped his face... HARD.

His face hung to the side and I acted like I had just woken up.

"Ow... Na-Natsu?" he said in his normal voice shocked. "Gaara" I smiled like I has just woke up... again. "Natsu... You're back" he smiled warmly. 'That's the Gaara I know' I thought as he pulled me into a hug. "You don't know how much, how long I have missed you" he muttered into my neck and I brushed his hair.

"Mm.. Gaara" He kissed my neck slowly yet lovingly and I held him close to me. "I missed you" I muttered as I pulled him off me and pulled him into a loving weak kiss. "Natsu.." he said in the kiss and I pulled him off.

"Gaara... It's your birthday"