Joy And Fear - Anger

The kitten was white yet its fur was a filthy grey and black. "A kitten" I said as I ran over to it. It was only young as its size was small. "I'm keeping her, can we go back to my flat and put her there?" I asked Gaara as the kitten mewed in my arms.

The kitten brought joy to me like it wanted to be discovered and here it was. It shook in my arms and buried itself in my jacket, hiding from Gaara.

"Natsu we have to go -" "It'll only be a minute" I threw my bag at Gaara and ran back to my flat, unlocking the door. I sat the kitten down on my sofa and ran into the kitchen. Shuffling through the cupboards, I brought out two dishes, a pint of milk and a can of spam.

I walked over to the kitten and placed the dishes down. One with milk and the other with spam."Here's some milk, and some spam. I'll be back later kitty. I'll get some cat food while I'm at it." I smiled as I left her. Before leaving, I took some change of my desk and placed it into my pocket as Gaara still held my bag. Unlocking and locking the door again, I ran in the direction me and Gaara went. I didn't slow down at all when I saw the ally-way. But I was curious to see if anything was left there. My blood, saliva, what else? Bad memories...

But when I went past it, I turned to look down there. It was dark and little light ever filled them. But straining my eyes, I saw figure trekking towards me. My heart pondered and I saw Gaara ahead. I dashed forward with fright and leapt into Gaara's arms. As I reached him, I panted harshly, taking my bag off him "Done?" he said as he held me up before I collapsed in exhaustion.

I pulled him close and told him something. "Yeah... I saw someone down there Gaara" I whispered in his ear. He looked behind me and growled angrily to what he saw. "Lets go" as he tugged me along still watching and growling behind us. "G-Gaara what's wrong?" as I wanted to turn round.

He held me but I broke free from his cage. Who I saw made me jump and I shivered. There, stood the famous Uchiha boy. His face swollen and held a black eye to his left. His neck held several markings like he was strangled. His mouth was slit and dry. He glared at me and then at Gaara. He smirked but didn't reach his peak.

I saw a horrid face being thrown at Gaara and Gaara held me close: Pulling me into his arms like a mother protecting its young. "Good morning Natsu" Sasuke smirked and I buried myself deep within Gaara's arms. I wanted to remain hidden but it didn't work. Fear overcame me...

Gaara felt me sink into his body and held me tight. I saw Sasuke starting to tread in our direction and I could feel Gaara shake with anger. I wanted to calm him down but I knew I couldn't win against Gaara when his blood boiled.

"Just passing through... I'll see you in art last lesson... Natsu" Sasuke said my name so gently but I hated it as he walked past us. He stunk of blood and I saw his knuckles bloody... My eyes widened as I knew that was my blood. He didn't wash himself and my blood was like a trophie on his body.

His footsteps faded and Gaara still shook with anger. His arms were around me and I turned round and placed my hands on his chest. I could feel his heart pondering in his chest like it wanted to escape but I held it in for him. 'If his heart continues like this, he may have a heart attack' I thought.

I sighed on his chest and placed my forehead on it. I listened to his fast breathing rate and patted his chest with my hand. Tap-tap, tap-tap, tap-tap. After a few minutes, I felt his heart and my hand sync in beat to each other and I smiled gently.

"See Gaara.. He's gon-" "I'm staying with you in art. I don't care if my subject teacher gives me consequences, he is not coming after you. Not anymore. Did you see that sly smirk on his face? Don't worry mother, you'll taste new blood soon." Gaara broke out as he jumped into my sentence.

"Gaara. Calm down. He is gone. He won't do anything with all my friends in class and with the teacher ther-" "I don't care. He wants you. I can see it in his eyes. He's full of lust. He's wanting to take it out on you. He won't come near you!" Gaara roared as his eyes turned yellow again. "Gaara... Your eyes..." I gasped as he looked at me. "What?" He hissed but then he clutched his head. "Gaara, are you okay?" I asked as he fell to the ground.

"Shukaku... sometimes his chakra leaks into mine and concurs mine but there not as bad of what they use to be" as he looked at me. One of his eyes were green and the other was yellow. I placed my hand over his yellow and breathed. "Shukaku" I whispered as chakra poured from my hand into his eye. I removed it shortly after and his eye was green again.

"There... Okay?" as I helped him up. "Yeah... Thanks" as he stood up and started to tread to school with me. "Gaara... I'm scared..." I whispered to him as I reached for his hand. I took it and clenched it tightly. I felt him tense up but soften up after a few seconds. "There's nothing to be afraid of Natsu. I'm here now" he smiled to me as he squeezed my hand in his.

I feel safe around Gaara. He protects me and when he saw Sasuke, his body overwhelms with power which can be uncontrollable but I can stop him. He may be frightening with his looks, but his heart is soft and his face is cold. But get past his face, he is as soft as a panda.