Embarrassment And Confessions

I lifted my head from Gaara and we both looked at the door to find my four friends there. "Natsu?!" they shouted in unison as they all came charging in. "NATSU?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Sakura and Ino yelled as they ripped me off Gaara.

"Why?" I asked in a small voice while still blushing. "You!... A-and him!" Sakura yelled as she glared towards him. "S-Sakura, we can explain" I timidly said as she looked at me with shock. "You're both recovering and then you start sleeping together? Wow!" She sighed with hands on hips. "No Sakura! I was just-" but Naruto cut in of course.

"So... Are you two... Ya know" Naruto sniggered towards us. I blushed as much as Hinata usually did and hid my face. "Possibly, b-but we shouldn't interfere" I heard Hinata say in the quiet voice of hers. 'Thank you Hinata!' my mind yelled. All we heard was Gaara's heart metre beep every second and silence fell in the room. Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep... "So... are you going to school now?" I asked breaking the silence as I walked to Gaara's bed.

"Well, its Sunday and school is tomorrow... So we thought to visit you now" Ino laughed as she came over to Gaara's bed. "You can go now though" I said abruptly as I then hid my face for no reason. "Why? Don't you like us here?" Sakura said sadly. "I do! Don't take me wrong" I replied to her. I leapt out of Gaara's arms and held Sakura's hands.

"I just want some time ya know? I can't remember much so I need him to tell me what happened" I smiled to her and she smiled back. "Ok, anything for my sister from another mister" she said as she rapped the last part. I gave her a hug and felt another three pairs hug me. "We'll cya tomorrow then Natsu" Naruto said cheesyly as they left the room.

"Natsu, come here" I heard Gaara say straight away as the door closed. I strode over to him and he pulled me on top of him. "Gaara?" I asked as his eyes were tinted yellow before he gave me a caring hug. "Never leave me... I don't know what I'll do without you" he said as he brushed my hair with his fingers. "I won't leave... I promise" I smiled as I clutched his chest.

I heard his heart beat steedy and his breathing regular this time. "How's your chest?" I asked him as I took some weight off him, scared that I could hurt him. "Its fine don't worry. Shukaku can heal that" he laughed as he brought me back down to his chest. "Are you sure?" I asked him concerned.

We locked eye contact and he smiled. "Of course I am, or I wouldn't be able to do this" in a moment, our lips connected and I closed my eyes enjoying his kiss. He was so sweet and smelt like the beach till lightning struck me and an image flashed in my mind. Suddenly, I pulled back and Gaara looked shocked. "What's wrong?" he asked me as I shivered. "Not in here. He's in here and could...." I trailed off.

"Okay, as soon as I get out of here, we can enjoy it" he smiled as I laid back on him. "Thank you Gaara" I whispered to him. " Anything for my beautiful girl". My heart raced and my cheeks flared red.

'Beautiful girl.. wow' I thought. I felt safe round him. He held me tightly but gently at the same time, not hurting me. "I love you Gaara" I blushed into his chest. "Natsu, I... I love you too. Shukaku and I are going to protect you from now on. Don't worry" he said tiredly. After a few minutes, I heard a slight snooze and noticed that he fell asleep. I smiled and fell asleep in his comforting arms.