Perceptions

3 months passed.
St.Louis College.
The final exam dates got announced. Everyone were tensed about the studies while team d3 were just worried about Sharon. Even though she could have changed the college and taken admission in New York, she didn't do so. So her parents wanted her to complete what she started, being just months away from finishing she was asked to give examinations the next month along with everyone in Mumbai.

Changes were new to all.

Kria stopped living with her Mom the same day she told her about her father's death. That the Shekhawat's were least involved in his death, and the fact that she herself knew it beforehand broke Kria. She left her house and could only choose the better option of staying with her secret boyfriend Rey even while he was in New York, to his return and then since then been living with him.

The one year Swayam had left the college was when Rey and Kria had started dating, Sharon being the witness and Swayam being updated by the trios-Visakha, Bharat and Amar.

"...I don't know when she'd come. I don't know whether she'd come at all!!  Tumhe pata hein na ki mein uski touch mein nahi hun... naa hi rehna chaahta hun!" Rey said while walking away from the kitchen.

"I know Rey but aise thodi jhod sakthe hein?" Kria asked following him to the hall, rinsing her hands on the towel. It was obvious that she had brought the subject of Rey-Sharon friendship, into their regular conversation.

"Kria tum kehna kya chaahthi ho? Ki mein sab kuch bhulaake usko call karoon aur poochun ki woh yahaan kab aayegi?!!" He threw his hands in the air in exclamation.

"Rey aap bhoolo mat ki woh aapki best friend hein..." She reminded him.

"Thi Kria... yaar tum bhool rahi ho ki usne apni kaamyabi chuna, dosti nahi..."

"Haan lekin aapne toh dosti chuna hein na? Toh bas apna dosti nibhaao!"

"Gosh tum aur Swayam ek tarah ki baat kyun karthe ho!! Ek woh hein jo phone pe yahi bathatha hein aur yahaan tum face to face mujhe yeh advise deti ho!!" He said without thinking.  But then he realised what he said and soon bit his tongue seeing her face change emotions. He made sure he was quick enough to catch her hand as soon as she leaned to get up.

"...Kria aise kab tak chalega? Tum Swayam se baat kyun nahi kar leti. I promise sab clear ho jaayega..."

"I don't think it'd matter much to him Rey. And by the way he is doing so well there... Mujhe dekhke upset ho jaayega.. And.. he didn't even ask for me when I was absent in the team, did he?"

"It's not like that Kria... aur ye kya upset and all?  You know that's not true!..."

"Nahi Rey! Mujhe nahi pata... Mein kya karoon. Ma ne mujhse aisi ek sach chupaayi aur woh bhi itne saal... Dance nahi karne dene ki wajah mere Dad hein!.... Woh unhe itni nafrat karthi thi!" She held her forehead.

"Sshhh!.... Kria don't think about it now... Let's just focus on the exams now okay?" He said while taking her in his arms. They slowly moved in the same position hiding each other, her head on his chest. A smile formed on Rey's face while Kria felt an inner peace in the warmth of his hold.

After what seemed to be of five six minutes, she slowly pulled away. "Haan... mein Neha ko call karthi hoon..." She said walking to the phone.

Meanwhile in Nil's house.
"Simmi, please ek aur baar bataao na!"

"Nil! I already told you 4 times! Aur kitni baar explain karoon?" Simmi shouted while throwing his textbook at him.

Since she knew very well that it would take much more time than a month for Nil to understand just the first chapter of their Statistics lesson, she had started tutoring him at his house along with the team, every evening.

"Baby please... Tum kitni achi dikthi ho! Aur kitni achchi explain karthi ho! Please ek baar aur!!" He pleaded to her making the baby face that he used to make everything whenever to convince her to do something.

"Okay! okay fine!" Simmi surrendered and decided to explain it again.

"Babu! Neha need fries take and come!" Neha who sat before those lovebirds called out to Vicky who was making snacks for them simultaneously chewing on the gum.

"Neha sshhh! Mein Nil ki brain mein khusne ki koshish kar rahi hun... Please thodi der apni dictionary band rakho... dekho Amar Rinni kaisi silently padh rahe hein!"

"Dekho baby, woh dono padh nahi rahe... Ek doosron ko bas dekhte baithe hein." Nil pointed Simmi to the couples who were lost in each others eyes, having open books in their laps.

"Nil! Concentrate karo! Iss baar fail hogaya toh mein tumse baat karna jhod dungi!" She threatened Nil and then turned to her friends Rinni and Amar, "Rinni!"

"Huh?" Rinni answered having been brought back to reality. "Haan! Mein padh rahi hun!"

"Snacks time guys!!!" Vicky announced as he brought snacks and juice bottles to their middle.

"Oh kitna maza hein na? Doston ke saath baithkar masti se padhai kar sakthe hein hum!" Nil said while earnings glare from his girl.

"Haan! Neha remember last year. Combine study full fun know? How fun we did!" Neha said excitedly.

"Haan! Aur Sharon yahaan hoti toh aur bhi maza aati na?" Rinni exclaimed. The excitement suddenly died down with the mention of Sharon's name. There was a long awkward pause after which Simmi spoke.

"Rinni! Uski naam yahaan mention karne se pehle ek baar toh soch liya karo!" Simmi scolded the latter. "Woh humein care nahi ki, toh hum bhi usse care nahi karenge! Right guys?"

"RIGHT!" Everyone present there agreed.

New York.
At Rai Prakash Mansion.
"Sharon! Tumne aaj shaam keliye dress toh choose kiya na? Nahi toh Alok se keh dena!"

"Haan Mom! Meri P.A ne woh sab kar di hein!"

"P.A? Tumne P.A rakh di apne liye aur apni Mom ko nahi bataayi?"

"Aisa nahi hein Mom! Mujhe bhi kal raat hi pata chala ki meri P.A hein. Its all James, Ma... Woh kab kya karta hein sirf usko pata hota hein..."

"Hmm... Sharon, yeh James wahi hein na jisne..."

"Haan Mom... Par woh badal gaya hein Mom... Aur jo hua woh puraani baat hein..."

"Be careful beta... Mujhe woh theekh nahi lagtha..."

Later that evening at Shekhawat Mansion.
"Bhai are you sure aap aa rahe ho?" Taani asked him again as she couldn't believe her brother since the time he decided to accompany her to the Rai Prakash's mansion, for the party.

He walked behind her and arranged his hair with the reflection of the giant mirror in front of her. The adjusting his blue velvet jacket, he replied, "I just don't want you to go with Ma..."

"Mein akeli jaane waali thi bhai..." She said.

"Then I didn't want you to go alone..."

"I could have called Vishesh you know..." She replied.

"Ya ya... But now I'm here! Now tell me you don't want your brother to go with you to this party..."

"Meine aisa kab kaha?"

"Achcha toh phir theek hein... Chalo..." He said and pressed the button on the wall that signaled their chauffeur to bring in their car for the evening.

A grey Mercedes drove in front them as they stepped out of the main door out. Taani had a beautiful violet gown that matched Swayam's coat.

As the car began moving, Swayam kept his eyes away from Taani. He had purchased a light brown shaded goggles which he kept with him in case of the hour of need.

Taani didn't further ask about his intentions of tagging along but wasn't going to give up on the reason of doubt but knew she couldn't argue, for the envelope of request sent to them clearly had invited the presence of the Shekhawat family, and not just Taani alone. Maybe that was because it was Sanjeev who sent out the invitation. Much to his dismay, Swayam hadn't received any info regarding the reason behind this occasion but sure did know the involvement of media there.

Well it was just a matter of minutes to wait and see what unfolds...