Sharon And Destiny

After 3 days...
St. Louis College.
From that day morning Sharon was getting a weird feeling, a short of dejavu about some happening that was to take place. Her exams has gotten over but Simmi decided to call her up after a delay of 3 days of no news of them, to meet with them in the college. The team warmly welcomed her once she was there but were simply roaming outside the college building near to the gate explaining about cherishing the moments they shared in every shot of the campus. At last they all sat around in the basketball court discussing future events when she got a feeling to turn around and look towards the gate. And there she saw him. Swayam.

Seeing Swayam getting off his car outside the gate she felt the need to talk to him. As she stood up from her chair Simmi lightly pushed her towards his direction giving a wink of encouragement to go to him. The rest of the team also saw this and smiled at Sharon. They knew Swayam and Sharon had so much to sort out between each other and hence remained in their seats. Swayam felt the wind suddenly bringing Sharon's aroma towards him. That same cool breeze which blew over that used to let him know she was somewhere around him. Sensing this he looked over to the direction from which Sharon kept moving towards him.

Once pass the gate and near him Sharon stood there for a few seconds not knowing what was to be next. Swayam decided to break the silence and speak, "Hey congrats! Tumhaari exams khatam ho gayi!!"

"Yeah thanks.." Sharon said.

"Uhm.. tum.. tum kaisi ho?" He asked.

"Yea I'm alright!" She replied. But she didn't ask anything back.

"Cool! Ugh.. Sharon kuch baat karni thi tumse!" He said moving to the side of the car.

"Haan kya baat hein?" She asked.

"Yahaan nahi.. aur kuch tumhe dikhaana bhi hein."

"Ohk!" She walked to the passenger door of his car which he then opened for her. She got in and Swayam waved his hand at his friends signalling about calling them afterwards to which they responded back in the same language of sign from the distance.

Swayam drove her to the Phoenix Market Place Mall. Having parked the car in the 3rd basement parking lot he turned to a confused Sharon. But before he could utter a word she asked him, "Swayam tum mujhe yahaan kyun le aaye hein?"

"Sharon mujhe tumhaari puraani agency ke baare mein pata chala.. and I want you to become my client. I mean you can sign in with Destiny.. I'll take good care of you..." As soon as he said the last line, she met his eyes.

"D-Do you r-really think it is a good idea?" Finally after a short pause she resumed the conversation.

"Sharon meri yeh baat tumhe offer karne ki wajah hein... And frankly speaking Corewell jaisi companies bahut hein NY mein.. par Destiny tum apni samajhke join kar sakthi ho.. doesn't that sound better?" He showed hope in his eyes.

He continued, "..Haan mujhe pata hein hum dono ke beech hamesha kuch na kuch issues rahe hein but deep down you know mein galat nahi keh raha hun.. am I right or am I right?" He tilted his head slightly and smoothly enough to get Sharon to look into his eyes again. The connection was felt between them and they couldn't deny it.

After another pause she replied, "Haan... Ab hum jo dost bane hein.. aur tum dosti nibha rahe ho.."

"Ugh.. tumhe yaad hein?" Swayam was curious whether Sharon remembered those conversations they had. The day in the hospital with his dad admitted and he had tried to start friendship atleast between them.

"Ofcourse.. I'm sure we had a conversation about friendship one day.." she shrugged and hoped he would understand her sarcasm. She clearly remembered what he said back when they were in college together.

St. Louis.
The year before Kria. The day of Qualifiers round of Footloose. The hour when Sharon strolled head high through the halls of St. Louis towards her rehearsal hall where her team awaited her. Just by the turn she spotted a curly long haired lean-thin guy wearing a blue check shirt left open over a white round-neck shirt inside, standing by the door to the common room. Even though she felt a sensation of familiarity with his figure, she kept a straight cold face while walking pass him. She slowed down once hearing some scuffle going on behind her.

"...bantaaye mere sunn tuh aur keemti kapde pehenle aur uski Dazzlers mein jaa khus!! Kam se kam dosti toh ho jaayegi!" Bharat pushed his friend's backside of head.

"Nahi Bharat! Mein uski dost nahi banna chaahta.. mein uski chaahat banna chaahta hun!...." He replied.

"Sharon!" His voice brought her back from her thoughts. "Huh?!"

"..Pichle kuch hafton se jo ho raha hein, I know you are confused by it..." He said.

"Swayam tum kya kehna chaahte ho?" She asked.

"Dekho Sharon.. tumhe mujhpar trust karna hoga... Yeh sach hein ki tumne beech ki kuch dus-baarah din ki baatein bhool gayi ho.. aur kisi ne bhi tumse yeh baat isliye nahi kaha kyun ki.... shaayad mujhe hi bata deni chaahiye.." he started explaining thinking she remembered and may require some clarity.

"Ok Swayam you are now freaking me out! Baat kya hein?? Look I'm cool about our friendship! Jo bhi baat humaari huyi, jo hum dono se hua tumhaare shows ke douraan, woh theatre mein ya beach mein.. I don't care and-and uss baat se ek dusre ko judge nahi kar sakte hum... W-woh tumhaari show mein surprise appearance banke dance karna, was my idea! Taaki tumhe pasand aaye ki mein tumhaari final show ke part banu... but it didn't go like I expected and I'm sorry.. maybe Corewell was not the right guy I signed with.. aur rahi baat uss party ki..."

"Sharon.." he called out patiently to stop her from becoming hyper.

"Mujhe kehne doh Swayam.. kyunki mein sirf wahi baaton ki discuss kar sakti hun jiski mujhe yaad hein.." she took a deep breath.

"Listen.. you don't have to explain anything to me! Just forget whatever happened.. mein wahi baat kartha hun jiske liye tumhe laaya hein yahaan!" He said.

"..Ugh.. I wanted to talk to you about a show I've been planning to organise in India.. It's called Indian Dance League.." he started explaining the details of the planned program, about the venue's of auditions and further levels, about judges and episodes and prizes. She sat in her seat patiently listening to him.

"..and I was hoping ki tum... I mean I can't find any candidate more perfect than you to ugh.."

"..to judge the show..." She completed his sentence. "You want me to be on the judges panel..."

"Haan.. and this would be our first event together!!.." he said excitement clearly shown in his eyes.

"I'll do it.. but tumhe mere liye kuch kaam karna padega.."

"You want to know what happened.." he completed her sentence.

"Yes.. I am sure tumhe kuch toh pata hoga James ke baare mein.." she looked forwards evading her eyes from his intense ones.

"Sharon... I promise I'll tell you one day.. par abhi nahi... when I get the complete information about it..." Swayam assured her to which she nodded slowly. He opened his side door and spoke, "..toh chale. Meine kaha tha tumhe kuch dikhaana hein!"

They got out of the car and walked together towards the elevator.

They got out on the second floor, with them hearing some fusion hip hop music played throught he speakers and he led her to the center of the floor from where they could see what happened below on the 1st floor. She gasped in surprise at what she saw down there while Swayam smiled at her expression.