Silence

7 years ago
Shekhawat Mansion NYC.

Swayam had expressed his wish to leave U.S. after keeping to himself for over six months. Six months since Sharon left U.S. to India. Six months since the incident that left Deol hospitalized. The shotgun pellets had pierced his sacral nerves leaving him paralyzed below abdomen.

Rishi Shekhawat was in between court and cops trying to secure his son's absolute defense from Deol's victimizing. On top of that he had to send people to silence James Corewell. He made sure that boy was provided with immediate and best medical care for his chances to stand up on two legs. It was clear Swayam had messed up big time and was to expect least kindness from the already displeasured father.

Swayam was back in his room and once Rishi came back home that particular decisive night, had Nandini handed him their son's note.

"...shaayad woh India jaake theek ho jaaye..." Nandini Shekhawat suggested. Her husband sat opposite to her on the settie reading the note left by his son.

"Kya theek hona hein? Manne samaj kon padhey!! Uska hua kya hein? Bartameez sunta hi kahaan hein apne baap ka... Bachpan mein jo dhawlo saawlo haathon se karna tha, thaaro beech mein aake usko bigaad diya! Ab dekhliya kya hua?" He retorted.

"Dekhiye aap thode shaanthi rakhiye... Beta sunega toh usse bura lagega!" She tried to soothe him.

"Lagne doh! Bura lagna chaahiye! Woh samajta kya hein? Ek ka payr aise hi thod diya! Uske baad doosre ko seedha goli maar diya!?? Aur na jaane kab humaare sar hi kaat lega?? Khooni ko janam diya hein kya thanne??" His eyes blazed.

"Dheere boliye woh sunn lega... Aap ithna gussa mat keejiye!!" She tried to calm her husband down, again.

"No!!! Sab karne ke baad room mein akela rehne se kuch nahi hoga! Thanne ladle ko janam diya hamme? Ladke seene thaanke jawaab deta hein! Humaare khaandan ke ladke room ke andar band baitha nahi karthe?! Bulaao use!" He roared.

"Mein yahaan hoon... Kahiye jo aapko kehna hein..." They all turned to look at Swayam who had descended the stairs following the heated debate ongoing about him.

"Dekho ahankaar ki koi kami nahi che thanne ladle saaheb mein!!! Apno baap se baath karne ka tameez bhool jaaye che??"

"Aap kya keh rahe the? Meine uska payr thoda... Woh ek ladki aur unki parivaar ko thamki dene ki koshish ki toh... Humein thamkaane ki koshish ki... Apni behen ko uski baal pakadke seedhiyon se ek jaanwar ki tarah ghaseetke lete jaa dekhke bas wahaan khada nahi reh saka... Pehli cheez haath mein bandook mila... Toh haan meine goli chala diya..!" He said.

THAAPP!!

The sound echoed through the hall as Mrs. Shekhawat, Taani and the servants silenced there gawps with their hands. With the red finger print was now forming evidently on his face, Swayam glared back at his father. The fire was evidently blazing between the father and the son. Rishi Shekhawat moved closer to Swayam and pointed his finger on the latter's chest.