The King and The Killer

At the present.
Ajmer, Rajasthan.
The Sanam Singh family of the Shekhawats had gathered in the Ajmer palace for celebrating his son's new venture in the business field. The whole place was decorated with bright coloured lamps, black and white balloons and golden LED curtains in the shape of stars. The shamiyana curtains of red, orange and yellow fluttered gracefully in the Northern wind. A group of people gathered in a circle inside the shamiyana sitting on cushions on the priceless well-threaded vermillion carpet. Some of them relaxing lying down by their sides while some sitting campfire style but all of them facing inside the circle of which alcoholic beverages, glasses and a big hookah pot was placed in its centre. The hoses of the hookah taken by Sanam, Kamal, Bilal Khan and Bhairon Singh.

"Bhaisaab! Shekhawat shamiyaana tayyar ho chuke hein! Sabhamandap mein raaj gaddi bhi sajjith ki gayi hein! ...Aur bas thode log ke siwaay baaki sab mehmaan pahunch gaye hein!", said Mrunal Singh bending over slightly in respect (or fear) to his brother in law, Sanam Singh Shekhawat.

"Mrunal bhai humaare saath zara baithiye toh! Yeh Dubey Ji bhi na! Gappe maarna koi inse seekhe!" He laughed in snorts pointing at Dubey Ji who was Rishi's manager.

The evening was intended on bringing together everyone who conspired against the Rishi's bloodline along with all the business and political partners of Sanam Singh and Agnihotris.

"..toh hum kya keh rahe the Sanam Ji! Bete ki gaalom pe tamacha maarke nikle the woh... aur hum baal baal bache the... Kamal bhaiyya se jo baatein huyi thi thodi der pehle!! Woh bas pakadne hi waale the ki hum bataa diye... humaare mohatarma pareshaan hein Swayam baba ke liye!! Aur woh bewakoof ek dum sa pighal gaya!" Dubey addressed to the intensely listening circle of Sanam's friends including his crime partners Kamal Agnihotri and Wahid Islami, Sanam's business partners Nikethan Mishra, Gajraj Thakur and Bilal Ahmed Khan, and sat beside them the opposition leader of the state who was also his cousin, Bhairon Singh and his Russian contact Vitali Manusharov all sitting on cushions in a circle.

"Waah! Aur bata!!" Bhairon Singh encouraged Dubey.

"Aur kya? Jo kaam business ke shehenshah nahi kar paaye woh Ghai ne kiya! Lekin Kamal bhaiyya ne bhi kya teer chalaaye haan!! Paisa dugna karke use bhi uda diya!! Kitne kitnom ki jhutti karwa diye Kamal bhaiyya aapne!!" He laughed again joining with them.

"Arre apna Shekhar nahi dikh raha... kahaan gaayab hein saahab ji?" Mrunal asked.

"Hein re yahi kahin! Helén ke taraf se thode log aaye the! Uske khaatirdaari kar raha hoga!" Kamal said while blowing his cigar. "Waise Vitali where is my Helén?"

"Job in Belyashi! Probably finishing off some mel'chik!" He said in the Russian accent and sipped again on his drink to which Kamal nodded.

"Kyun Kamal bhaijaan?! Toh isliye aap sukhe-sukhe baithe hein?! Apni mehbooba ki ger-maujoodgi jo hein!" Islami commented and the rest of them tittered. Vitali looked uninterested and focused only on his cigar and whiskey. Kamal didn't respond and instead looked at him seriously. The laughter died down fast enough. Sanam smirked at Kamal as he knew there would be a comeback.

"kayf hal u'khtika? laqad khadamatni Selma jydan fi almarat al'akhira. almuneataf altaali sanafeal dhalik 'amamak." Kamal said calmly. Wahid Islami's face instantly turned blank. He bit down his jaw. Kamal had just enlightened him of having inappropriate relations with his sister Selma. And that too in Arabic.

Sanam alone started laughing. "Wahid... Tuh ek dum tamaatar hein! Mehbooba bolte! Ab teri Selma toh gayi." He continued laughing.

Wahid was pissed off. Without any retort, he got up quickly and pounced on Kamal. Aiming for his neck, he grabbed it and choked him. Everyone else got up except Sanam. He stayed in his relaxing posture watching Wahid trying to strangle Kamal. No one dared to step in.