The Turn

Shekhawat mansion, Mumbai.
He swirled around the mirrored hall and did a clean back flip with the flow of his movement. The slow contemporary styled music filled the air conditioned rehearsal space where he now danced only for one spectator. Sharon.

Swayam had never danced for anyone but this one wish of his sweetheart was something he couldn't ignore. Being one of his wishes in the past, he was finally showing his duet choreography which he had set envisioning them performing it. And she was taken by his technique of creating a fusion of contemporary freestyle filled with his passionate love. She couldn't wait to be held by him.

He formed a stance as if holding her in his arms and circled his leg behind him while revolving round the center of the hall to the rhythm. When the music was over, a smipe formed on Swayam's lips hearing the single applause. The only applause he really needed. Sharon who sat on the floor wearing a sports wear tank top, a yoga shorts and a blue head band looked so cute cheering for her boyfriend having given an exclusive performance.

"Nice moves boyfriend!"

"Thank you girlfriend! By the way Sharon, hum ek doosre ko aise 'boyfriend', 'girlfriend' hi pukarthe rahenge ya phir thode traditional bhi bann jaaye?"

"Why not, why not!! Toh mein aapko oh jee suniye bulaau?" She teased and giggled.

"Um. Mein kya soch raha tha. Baby.." he started saying and suddenly the giggles stopped when she knew he got closer to her. He trapped her folded legs between his arms and torso and wrapped her around her waist pulling to his lap. He picked her up and let wrap her legs around his waist. The shared intimacy elevated to a percent out of charts and she could feel the rising temperature. Their upper bodies now pressed against each other and automatically her arms wrapped around his shoulders. After a gentle swirl, he sunk to the bean bag on the corner, with her in his arms while she had no intentions of letting him go from hers.

He slowly raised his hand to her head band and eased it down to let her hair down. Her brunette locks fell onto his face. It felt like the time had stopped and they could live the moment in each others eyes.

"Sharon!" Suddenly they were interrupted by a voice. Swayam quickly got up from the bean bag along with Sharon still in his lap, gently brought her to stand, and she reluctantly unwrapped herself from him.

Rey stood there awkwardly on the doorway staring at the couple with changing emotions with a flick of irritation on his face. The couple suddenly knew something was off with their friend. As Swayam bent over to pick his water bottle and towel, Rey strided his way into their dance space.

"Nice place!" Rey said in a taunting voice.

"Kya hua hein Rey?" Sharon asked as Swayam covered her shoulders and almost her upper half with his towel. She couldn't help but smile at his protective gesture.

"Ask him! Ask your boyfriend saaheb!!" Rey said staring down disgustedly on Swayam.

"Rey tameez se baat karo! Tell us what is wrong?" Swayam warned. He had started to smell the tension in the air. And it was starting piss him off.

"Ohh! Look who is talking about tameez!! Swayam Shekhawat ladies and gentleman!" He moved fast to Swayam and within a quick second, held him by his sweaty Tee shirt. "You tell me, face to face like a man! Aisa sab karna dha, toh Sharon ke saath kyun hein ab?"

The next second was both expected and unexpected.

THUDDD!!

Sharon saw Rey on the floor with blood oozing from his nose and mouth and Swayam standing next to her cleaning his fist with his towel. He clearly showed the scowl at his friend down on the floor.