The Party

Rai Prakash Mansion.
The party had been going on smoothly for one hour with the young members of the family busy at organizing. While Sanjeev walked back inside the hall having welcomed the guests in from the front door like a pro, the youngest Siddharth Rai Prakash was cooking along with the family cook. The oldest sibling of all, Alok Rai Prakash who handled the business along with his father was making sure everyone one their guests were comfortable, instructing the caterers to serve properly.

Avantika Rai Prakash, was busy chatting with all the female guests, circled near the pool side. And it was difficult to tell what they were saying because their topics changed in seconds to the next, as their speakers.

Sanjay Rai Prakash held his daughter's arms and was proudly introducing her to his guests who were already mesmerized with her charm and talent.

"Siddu! Guess kar mein kisko le aaya hun?" Sanjeev said as he entered the kitchen having an arm around Swayam's shoulder.

"Sway!!! Awesome!!" Siddharth exclaimed excitedly when he turned around from the dish he was preparing with some flour and probably what looked like pieced chicken.

"Sid? The fish sticks are burning..." Swayam pointed out as soon as he entered the kitchen, where he knew he'd meet with the youngest son of Rai Prakash household. He laughed and they did a man hug and Sid went ahead focusing on the fish sticks.

"Hmm... Looks like kisi ki cooking lessons mein mehnath badh rahi hein..." Swayam scratched his nose while Sanjeev chuckled.

"Oh you know it!" Siddharth replied as he tasted the gravy he was working on and brought a spoonful for Swayam. "Have a taste!"

Meanwhile Taani found the circle of her friends. The ladies welcomed their grand beautiful friend into the discussions and gossips. The waiter came in with the refill to their light cocktails. That's when Sharon caught Taani in her glance and excused herself from her father's grips, to walk to Taani.

"Sharon! Wow kitni achchi lag rahi ho aap!!" Taani complimented excitedly as Sharon came into her view, wearing a golden beaded purple Saree.

"Tum bhi kuch kam nahi lag rahi Taani! Ek dum pari lag rahi ho!" She complimented back smiling, holding each others arms.

"Aah jhodo bhi... Aur batao naya plans kya hein?" Taani asked.

"Uh... Kal ek ad ki shooting hein... Phir mujhe ek charity event ka invitation mili hein... Agle mahine Celebrity Dance Stars mein bulaayi hein..."

"Woah! Arre waah! Toh bahut busy schedules bani hein... Toh iske beech college ka kya hua?"

"Haan! You asked me right... Theen mahine baad final exams hein meri. So Dad ne St.Louis ko inform kar diya hein ki mein direct exams likhne aa jaaungi..." Sharon said.

"Oh!.." Taani sighed.

That was when an elderly woman, a guest of Sharon's mother, holding a glass of wine approached the pair and started talking to Sharon. "God you look so beautiful tonight darling! And I have to say I loved your dance in the Destiny Show dear!" She giggled with every sentence she made.

"...but I have to say it would really have been much beautiful to see you dance with that boy... Rishi's son you know!!" She giggled further. "...oh aren't you his daughter?" She asked Taani and before she could answer the woman continued. "...oh yes you are Mr. Shekhawat's daughter!! I think I saw your brother around! Wait let me find him!" She walked away without anything further as the girls stared at her back.

"Swayam..." The name escaped Sharon's mouth that didn't go unnoticed by her friend.

While Swayam had taken his coat off and was having drinks, cooking along with Siddharth Rai Prakash. Sanjeev had wandered off with some of his friends from medical profession.