After Party

Dehradun, India.
He lay motionlessly curled on the bed. It seemed the other two in the room on watch went through the rest of his depression, one having seated near the bed while the second stood near the door.

"Kuch toh bolo Gunnu!" the elderly man on the chair who wore a white kurtha-pyjama reasoned with his boy on the bed.

He continued, "...Tum ek saal college nahi gaya, humne kuch nahi kaha. Yahi isi kamre mein band pada raha, humne kuch nahi kaha. Kisi se bhi baath nahi kiya..." the curled up boy began to shiver while his old man continued.

"Hum kuch nah... Gunnu? Gunnu? GUNNU, KYA HOGAYA TUJHE GUNNU? KAMAL!!! DOCTOR KO BULAAA!" he shouted to his brother.

At the hospital, 22:00...

"Doctor, humaara bacha?" He asked.

"Agnihotri ji... Shivam ab behosh hein... humne behoshi ki davaai diya hein Saline-I-V ke saath. Aur agle 24 hours Shivam humaare surveillance mein hein. Tab tak hum kuch nahi keh sakthe..."

"Chaubees ghante..." He breathed out slowly.

Meanwhile at a hill top, some miles away from Rai Prakash Mansion but still were visible with its party lights on in the darkness of the night.

Swayam and Sid sat on the grass, with some canned soda they bought while on the way there.

"You know... Mein kabhi socha nai tha ki tuh aayega. In fact kisi ne bhi nahi..." Sid said while sipping on his soda.

"Socha surprise doon..." Swayam replied while doing the same.

"Ya..." he sighed.

"Sid?"

"Hm?" he hummed in response.

"Sharon teri choti behen hein yaar... Use maaf kar de..." Swayam asked. Sid looked at his friend right then trying to find the reason to the sudden request. After a pause he decided to know why.

"Really Swayam? Tuh kabhi badal nahi saktha?" Sid questioned.

"I'm serious Sid..." Swayam stated.

"Tujhe lagtha hein woh maafi chaahthi hein? She's my sister Swayam... And I know her very well to state the fact. She doesn't require forgiveness..."

"Sid, tuh gusse mein hein..."

"No Swayam... mein gussa kam aur dejected zyaada hoon... Sharon mere against ek sensitive topic ki baath ki hein... woh bhi sabke saamne..."

"She does that... use bhi tumhaare khaandaan ke gussa mili hein, just like you... And let me remind you ki tuh bhi kuch kam nahi tha wahaan..."

"I can't believe tuh Sharon ki side le raha hein Swayam?! Ab bhi!" Sid said.

"Mein kisi ka side nahi le raha hun..."

"Swayam?"

"Hm?"

"Tum donom ke beech sab kuch theek hein na? I mean after your programme and all?"

"I don't know Sid..." Swayam looked away to the distance. He could see the previous place they were in couple of hours before and now as he noticed the lights of the Rai Prakash household had dimmed down.

"...Looks like party khatam huye..." Swayam said.

"I think I know Sharon mujhse aise kyun baath ki..." Sid said while staring at his house. Swayam gave a knowing look to his friend and then continued staring to the same point faraway.

Meanwhile at the Rai Prakash Mansion.

Sharon sat in her room, in front of the mirror, looking at herself and remembering things. Maybe regretting the things she did, wondering the turnout if she had done them differently.

"...Sharon. Akeli-akeli yahaan kya kar rahi ho?" Sharon was brought back from her thoughts by Taani's voice.

"...Party khatam huyi... kayi log aapko pooche..."

"Taani... I didn't mean that to happen back there..." Sharon said apologetically, feeling sorry at what she had caused.

"Par bhai ko dekha toh aap control nahi kar paaye..." Taani reasoned.

"Actually it's not Sid, Taani..." Sharon dismissed it.

"I know... mein apni bhai ke baare mein batha rahi..." and according to her prediction did Sharon meet her eyes to hers just as she said this. But before Taani could continue, another voice interrupted them.

"Sharon Ma'am?"

"Yes?" Sharon closed her eyes and turned back to the mirror. She knew the voice was o her newly appointed P.A. and so didn't feel the need to have the talk face to face. Her P.A. didn't care about her attitude, stood by the door and spoke, while Taani bid goodbye to her friend and left.

"Ma'am, I have to let you know your schedule tomorrow. You have a photo-shoot at eight in the morning and then a meeting with the Ad-executive at five in the evening. Can I please get your confirmation on these events, Ma'am?"

"Uh yes... wait what was your name again?" Sharon asked.

"It's Nancy, Ma'am..." she replied obediently.

"Nancy... can you do me a favour?"

"Sure Ma'am!"

"I want to know about someone..." Sharon started saying without a change of expressions.

Morning, at the hospital.
"Deol Saahab... Jitne tests hum logon ne kiye, Shivam psychological depression ka symptoms dikha rahe hein. Ek aisa depression jo darr se paida huye ho... Some deep fear..."

"I know doctor... Aur humein yeh bhi pata hein ki koi ek aisa hein... jo mere bete ki iss haalath ka zimmedaar hein..."

"Deol Saahab, yeh ek police case hein... Aap complaint kyun nahi dete?"

"Ithna aasaan nahi hein doctor... kyunki agar hum aisa kartha hein toh humaare bete ke upar bhi charge aayega... Aur hum aisa hone nahi denge..." He said to the doctor and then started walking away, talking to himself. "Jisne bhi yeh kiya hein, woh achchi tarah yeh jaantha tha..."

At Shekhawat mansion.
Swayam was interrupted from having the first bite by the swift ringing of his phone. "Hello?"

"Bhai abhi nahi! Khaana thanda ho jaayega!" Taani tried to persuade him against using is phone on the dining table as usual. But his priority changed with seeing the caller.

"What? Kab? Kahaan? Theek hein hum aa rahe hein..." Swayam stood up in concern. Taani stood up along with him seeing the worry on his face.