Answers, Some Of Them

Meanwhile the team were with Swayam, Kria had slipped away to talk to Taani. There, she met with Swayam's mother and the latter too recognised her.

"Aunty.. mein.." Kria started to introduce herself.

"Kria right? Smriti Ghai ki beti..." She smiled keeping a hand over her shoulder.

"Ugh Haan.." Kria didn't know what else to say. Mrs. Shekhawat already knew who she was. And may be even more.

"I know Kria.. Swayam aur Taani ne mujhe tumhaari baare mein bataaye the. Aur mujhe pata hein ki Swayam ko dekhne yahaan aane ke peeche tumhaari ek aur wajah hein." Mrs. Shekhawat said. She was a brilliant smart woman and there was if nothing that could go past her. She knew them all.

"N-nahi Aunty.. aisa.." she stammered in anxiety, she felt tides in her stomach. But before she could complete a sentence, Mrs. Shekhawat cut her short.

"Kria, beta agar mein tumhaari jagah hoti toh mujhe bhi yeh jigyaasa hoti. Tumhe chaahiye jawaab. Meri andaaz se tumhaari Maa ne kuch bataayi hogi iske baare mein. Par poori baat nahi. Theek?" She smiled pouring confidence into the girl's cup.

"Ugh.. Ji!" Kria agreed to her.

"Taani tum yahin raho. Hum thodi mein aate hein!" Instructing Taani to stay with Swayam, Nandini Shekhawat then guided Kria to the elevators which them took them up to the gallery of the hospital building.

Meanwhile Sharon was constantly asking her brother about her cellphone. Her dreams were very confusing, so real it had all seemed to her. She was done with his excuses and divertions and unexplained door bells. She finally decided to end her bed rest and move into the hall with the intention to do something productive.

That was when she found her brother talking to an elderly guy who seemed of late sixties. He was showing some files to Sanjeev while he on the other hand was viewing them holding a phone to his ear.

"...toh aap kya chaahte hein? Ki mein chup rahu? Aur aap kar bhi kya rahein hein?" He raised his voice at the guy while he listened to him patiently, folding the files and keeping it in his bag.

"Dekho mein kitni jaldi yahaan pahuncha hein.. mera interest iss family se juta hein beta! Aur mein bata raha hun na! Agar woh yahaan ki court mein gawaah banegi toh effective jaldi hoga! Saza bhi jaldi milegi!"

"Uncle aap samajh nahi rahe ho..." He said and hung up his phone. Standing up from his couch he sensed a movement from upstairs. Looking up he found his sister walking out of her room. He suddenly turned to the lawyer, "Hum baad mein baat karenge... Aap unke lawyer se bhi baat keejiye aur humein bataayiye ki woh logon ka stand kya hein... Dad kal waapas aa raha hein toh theek se baat karenge."

By the time Sharon had descended down the stairs the lawyer had left without another word. Sanjeev walked to his sister to support her up.

"Sharon I had told you to take rest!!"

"I was feeling congested in that room! ...and what was this going on here? Who was that guy who left?"

"He was our lawyer from India." He said.

Meanwhile Nandini Shekhawat and Kria was in the terrace of the hospital.

"Beta mujhe lagta hein ki jitni aapki ma se suni hogi.. usse kahin zyaada bataane ke liye bacha hein.. theek?" Nandini asked.

"Aunty.. sach kahoon toh mujhe bhi aisi hi lagi! Meri ma kehti hein ki woh mere papa se nafrat karne lagi thi.. aur woh case ke din.." Kria replied.

"Woh tumhaari papa ki mauth ki zimmedar nahi hein Kria! Tumhaari Maa ko pata bhi nahi thi ki aisa hoga!"

"Toh fir woh kaise..." She asked breathlessly.

"Humein bhi uss din utna hi shock laga... Sirf tumhaari papa hi nahi par Deol bhi hospital mein maara gaya!"

"Huh!?" Kria was confused.  "...Deol?"

"Agnihotri.."

"Jaise ki Shivam...?"

"Woh uska bhaanja hein... Aur rishte mein humaara cousin..."

"I don't understand!"

"Zindagi mein hum Shekhawaton se ek hi badi galti huyi thi.. Agnihotri khaandaan se rishta jodna... Deol aur meri nanad Sabha ki shaadi meri nanad ki hi shaatdhya se huyi.. woh dono pyaar mein dhe kehke apni beti ki khushi maanke sasur ji ne un dono ki shaadi karwa diye!" She continued.

"...Woh dono ki shaadi ke baad theek do mahine humein pata chala ki nanad ki gaud-bhari hein! Hum sab khush the! Sabha humesha phone karti thi.. Khushi se baatein karti thi.. apne ghar pe bulaati thi par kaam ki wajah se koi ja nahi paata tha uske paas!" She paused.

"...aatdhve mahine ke dauraan hum use dekhne gaye.. par humaari aasha ki vipreet dekh paaye..." She took a deep sigh.

"Uss din uski ghaavon ko dekhke humaare khoon toh khole.. Par Deol ke saamne woh chup rahi aur woh pariwaar humaare upar adaalati samvidhaanon ke niyam bataane lage.. keh rahe the shaadi ke baad apni beti ko sasural se unke ijaazat ke begair koi bhi le nahin ja sakte the... hum bhi adaalat jaane ki faisle ki... par humaari behen ki maun.. humaari kamzori ban gayi..." A tear rolled out from her eye. She turned her face away from Kria and wiped her tear track from her face.

"Agnihotriyon ko jo chaahiye tha, woh tha humaare daulat, humaare business. Sasur ji ne toh shaadi se pehle hi apni aadhi daulat Sabha ki aur uski bache ke naam kar diye the... Lekin woh pariwaar uspar dabaav daalte rahe.. taaki woh sab unn logon ke naam karde. Jab woh nahi maani, toh use maarne lage. Humein baad mein pata chala ki Nanad humein unn logon ki saamne bulaati thi.." she clenched fist, anger clear over her face. Even though she was known for her amiable character, the story of her husband's sister who was also her very good friend getting tortured got to her nerves.

"Kamal aur Shekhar... Doh aise Agnihotri jo insaaniyat cheez ke virodhi hein.. ek dum manorogi!! Doh mahine ke baad Taani ki janam huyi.. par Nanad....." She left a pause again.  "...autopsy se yeh pata chala ki mahinom ki peedan se Nanad..." She closed her eyes.

Back at Sharon's house.
"...either finish the drink now or take it to your bedroom Sharon!" Sanjeev demanded in a serious tone while Sharon sat there in the hall watching back and forth between a blank tele screen and the orange juice her brother had made.

She was in her deep thoughts. Within hours of consciousness, she had dreams that felt so real for her to have already happened with her. Along with that lot of changes happening around didn't go unnoticed to her eyes.

The calenders on the walls were  gone all of a sudden. The house was all in place within a span of hours from after the party according to her memory. Her cell phone was still missing. Her P.A was nowhere to be found according to her brother. Her rest of the family wasn't around. Swayam had disappeared. And all this having happened within one day was not placing correctly in her brain. The first thing she tried to do was to call Swayam, to know Siddu's whereabouts. But when he didn't respond to her calls, worry struck her mind.

Her instincts were constantly telling her that she had missed out something.