Chapter Three: Going To England

Talking with his family in his Mother's bedroom was difficult. 

Because he had already known what needed to happen. 

"I don't want to, I really don't want to." Percy sighed, sitting on the edge of his parents' bed, head in his hands. "Yet . . ."

"If you can help someone you want to." Annabeth murmured, smiling sadly. "But Percy, what about . . ." Annabeth gestured between them. She didn't mean their relationship, the gods knew they can handle distance and still be together.  She meant the nightmares, the zoning out, things like that. Things they needed each other for. 

"I . . . " Percy started. "I don't know. Do you think there is someway that you could come with me? And even if you do, I don't think they'd let us just sleep in the same dorm-or whatever they have in that school." He ran a hand through his hair. 

"Well, we know that she can come until school starts." Sally said, rubbing her upper arms as she held herself. Paul place an arm around her, trying to help. "And we know you'd be able to come home sometimes. You could still IM? And . . . You could learn a spell that could teleport you here or something?" She was grasping at straws, trying to find anything that could help her son. 

"I'll ask if that type of thing is real." Percy sighed again. They all knew he had to go, he couldn't just leave an entire race to possible destruction. 

Getting up with a small grunt, Percy led them all back into the living room. 

"First, is there some sort of spell I can learn that would like-teleport me somewhere?" The boy got straight to the point. He needed every opportunity he could get. 

"Yes, you could learn it." Dumbledore says, standing up with the two other men. "Though you are not allowed to use magic outside of school-work until you turn seventeen." 

"That's fine I'll be turning seventeen this month." Percy murmured, more to himself than anything. "Next," He cleared his throat. "When would you be taking me? And where would I be staying?" 

"You'd be staying at an inn in a place known as Diagon Alley, and I'd prefer to take you as soon as possible so you can start working on gathering your things and the like." The old man spoke up, dusting off his robes. 

"Then," Percy sighed. "give me time to pack and stuff." He sighed, running a hand over his face. "And another thing, Annabeth will be coming with me until school starts." He met Dumbledore's eyes, green to blue, and Dumbledore nodded. "Okay, then, just . . . " Percy turned to his room and Annabeth followed him. 

When the door closed behind them, they pulled out two duffle bags and two backpacks. One of each for each one of them. Annabeth had nabbed her dagger from the bookshelf, placing it on the nightstand as she got ready. 

They packed in silence, working in tandem as they filled the bags they needed. 

"Wise Girl." Percy said, zipping up his back pack. "You aren't mad right? I-I could always just . . . I could just not go. I'm sure it would be fine." His voice was low, knuckles white as he gripped the strap of the bag. 

Annabeth chuckled, grey eyes full of amusement as she walked over and held his face in her hands. "We both know that wouldn't work, for many reasons. First off, it's you. It would kill you to stay here and know that someone needed your help. Second, it's me. I can't keep you from helping others, it would hurt too much. Then there's the fact that I'm not even sort of mad about this. Mad at the Fates? Yes. At you? Never." He leaned his forehead against hers, eyes closed as she ran the pads of her thumbs over his cheek bones. 

"And, we aren't even being separated!" Annabeth chuckled again, smiling faintly. "You can learn the spell and be over here whenever you like, and I know where you are. I know you're safe, I know you're protecting someone else. We can IM every chance we get. And once everything settles down, New Rome will still be right there." 

Percy grinned, kissing Annabeth's nose. "Are you going to stay here? I think Mom would love to keep you nearby." 

"I was planning on sticking around here." Annabeth nods a little. "Sally will need me, and to be honest, I need her." She chuckled again. 

"Then I think this might just work." Percy wraped his arms around Annabeth, holding her to his chest for a moments before they had to separate. The two grabbed their things, Annabeth only needed the duffle bag after all, and slung them over their shoulders. 

Percy walked out, in his duffle bag was all his clothes and the like-his backpack was full of his emergency demigod supplies. Just in case, he told himself. Annabeth had her new dagger strapped to her side, her Drakon Bone sword packed away in her bag.

The two demigods had gotten properly dressed as well. Annabeth in one of Percy's hoodies, Percy grabbing one of his other ones. The few other jackets he owned were packed away. 

Annabeth grabbed her Yankee's cap, clutching the brim. 

"Well, Young man." Dumbledore smiled at the couple. "After we get you two settled, I would like to introduce you to a few others. Your girlfriend may come to that as well." He added the last bit when Annabeth's grip tightened on her cap. 

"Sure thing." Percy nodded, making his way over to his mother. Sally hugged him tight, murmuring reassurances in his ear before letting him go with a kiss to his cheek. Paul hugged him, wishing him good luck with a pat on the back. "Okay then, let's get this over with." 

The Sirius guy looked a little put-out at Percy's words, yet Percy didn't put much weight behind it. Remus just looked ruffled, though he had looked like that the entire time he was here. 

Dumbledore held out his hands. "Please take ahold of my hands." Percy took his right, Annabeth on the older Wizard's left. 

Then they were twisting, swirling, pulled and pushed at the same time. 

With a loud CRACK!, their vision cleared into a street filled with people. Different buildings stacked together, some leaning this way or that, windows filled with goodies or different items for sale. Cobblestone pathways echoing with the bustle of people and clicking of their shoes.

"I'm not going to comment on how the Hades that building is standing." Annabeth said, straight faced, ending with Percy chuckling as he grinned. They both shook their heads a bit, clearing the last of the dizziness. Dumbledore looked quite amused at their reactions. 

What can they say? Shadow Traveling is a lot worse. 

"I will set you up in a room, then once you've placed your things down we shall head out." Dumbledore led them inside one of the buildings, the Leaky Cauldron, and to the counter. 

It wasn't long before they had dumped their things in the room, Annabeth holding onto her cap and dagger while Percy still carried Riptide in his pocket, then Dumbledore was whisking them away again. 

This time they were outside a normal looking building, though the numbers seemed to skip from eleven to thirteen. Then it appeared, number twelve. That's how they were walked into Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.  

Neither teen questioned the disappearing building, having seen much weirder over their lives. 

When they walked in a woman started screaming insults, only to stop when one of the men from before, Sirius, covered the painting with a sheet. "Shut up, Mother!" He hissed. 

The house was dark and dusty, the interior mainly damaged furniture and cobwebs. 

Percy looked at Annabeth and they both sighed.