Tryouts And Other Nonsense

Thankfully the rest of the week Percy didn't have to scold Harry. The boy kept a fairly low profile, actually. Percy had tried to just talk to him a few times but Harry just glared and walked away. Plus Percy had enough on his plate anyway. 

The Dream Diary was a pain only because he had to come up with something to fill it. His Moonstone Essay was hard because he had to write it out and with his Dyslexia it was even harder.  The Bowtruckle drawing and questions were easy, then he just practiced the Vanishing spell whenever he had time.

On Wednesday he was eating breakfast when the daily owls flew in, he was surprised when he got a letter from them. No one he knew messaged him by owl, if they needed him they went through Annabeth for now. In fact he had Annabeth explain to his friends what was up, none of them were too surprised, about Wizards yes, about Percy having to go save the day no. 

The owl was a beautiful snowy owl with blue eyes. Percy took the letter with his name on it from the owl's leg and the owl flew off. The letter was simple and to the point, 

Dear Percy,
Remember that you are in my domain, Zeus has no hold over this tiny realm.
So when you get an offer for flying on a broom stick, don't turn it down right
away. And speaking of broom sticks I think you have a box in your dorm
room for you to check out.
-Lady Hecate 

After reading that someone tapped his shoulder; It was a girl with red hair, as red as Rachel's, her eyes were brown instead of green, however. She had a nervous look on her face as she fiddled with her hands. "Um. . . I don't know how much you know about the sport we play here at Hogwarts but. . ." The girl trailed off. 

"I've been explained the basics." Percy gave the girl a sweet smile and turned to face her entirely. "What about it?" The girl saw his smile and took a deep breath. 

"I want to ask you to come to Seeker try outs." The girl bunched up her fists and seemed to take all her will power to talk to him. "Try outs are tomorrow out at the field." Her hands started shaking again. 

"I'll be there, though I've never flown before, I'll see if I can practice some before try outs." Percy gave another smile and the girl smiled back. 

"I'm Carol Hall, By the way." She stuck out her hand and Percy shook it, Carol beamed at him before walking away. 

And so after dinner Percy went up to his room and unboxed a new broom It was called a Nimbus 2000. His roommates said it was a good broom so Percy made sure to send up a thank you to Hecate, who had done a lot to make this easy on him. Percy decided that he had a little bit of time after his last class until dinner to fly around. 

After his last class Percy headed to the pitch to fly around. One of his roommates, the blonde one, was on the team for Hufflepuff. The boy was one of the two Beaters so he helped Percy out a bit. After two hours Percy felt pretty good about his flying, considering he had a lot of fear to get over. 

Both boys rushed back inside to get some work done before dinner. 

Percy went into the library to get a book for another essay, and saw Hermione passed out in a chair. Percy went up to the brown haired girl, she had her head against the wing of the seat and a book opened in her lap. Sighing, Percy picked her up bridal style and started carrying her to the Gryffindor tower. 

Hermione let out a small noise and buried her head into Percy's chest. Percy kept walking down the halls, he walked passed students who gave him weird looks. Finally he passed a Gryffindor who paused. He knew they had a password to get into the tower so he called out. "Hey, what's the password?" 

The boy blinked before answering, "Hogwash," He seemed confused. "What are you doing?" 

"She fell asleep in the Library I'm taking her to the Gryffindor tower, might not be able to get her to her room but someone there can." Percy cleared up before he kept walking.  And that's what he did. 

He left her on one of the couches but a couple of girls came up to him asking what was going on. He told them what he was doing and both of them smiled at him. They said they would carry her up. He thanked them and left as they picked up the brown haired girl. 

Next thing he knew he was sitting down for dinner getting weird looks from people, at his questioning glances they turned away. He shrugged it off until he was walking back to his commons and the two girls from Gryffindor tracked him down. 

One was blonde with freckles and big brown eyes, the other had course black hair and dark eyes. "What you did earlier was really sweet!" The blonde one said. Percy blushed and tried to brush it off. "Aw he's blushing, Candy!" 

"I see that Amy, shush," The dark haired one elbowed her friend, neither could be more than fifteen. "Anyways, we were wondering why you did it." She gave a sweet smile while bouncing on the balls of her feet. 

"I didn't think a seat in the Library was that good of a place to get some rest so I tried to help out. From what I hear Hermione burns the candle at both ends, she needs sleep." Percy put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. 

"Well we think what you did was super sweet." The blonde one said in return. "And we will make sure to tell Hermione when she wakes up." 

"No, no." Percy objected waving one hand. "You don't need to do that. If you want to say someone moved her to Gryffindor tower that's fine but you don't need to tell her it was me, I just did what everyone else would have done." 

"See that's the thing," Candy continued, "No one would." 

"But it's fine." Amy said. "We just wanted to tell you we thought it was sweet, and to tell you that if you need any help with school or anything you can ask us." With batting eyelashes they turned and left Percy. He just shook his head and left to his Dorms. 

The next day he walked into breakfast and got a lot of looks. But one girl was trying her hardest to not look at him, Hermione. So they had told her. Percy sighed, he wasn't about to go up to her in front of all these people, in front of Ron who glared daggers at him, regardless of the bags under the redhead's eyes. 

Percy sat down at his table and ate. 

Later, after classes, he stood out on the grass in his regular school clothes, robes and all. Everyone was, but Percy didn't understand why. At Seeker tryouts there were plenty of people. Finally it was his turn. But he was sick of these robes so he took off his robes but left his sweater and tie on. His tryout went well. They let out the Snitch and five minutes later it appeared, Percy saw it and went for it. He had it the next second and was on the ground handing it to the team captain, the redhead from before. 

Next thing he knew, he was the Seeker for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.