A Weekend At Home

Percy was down by the lake, out of view of others, before calling for Blackjack. The Pegasus had been in the forest, just waiting, for an hour or so. Annabeth had sent him this morning. The black Pegasus trotted over and nuzzled Percy's hand and said hello. 

Hey Boss! Blackjack sniffed at his owner. Can I get some doughnuts for this?

"Sure thing buddy." Percy smiled at his horse, next thing he was on Blackjack's back and flying home. He had his school bag, just to show Annabeth what he was doing, she had insisted, and he had shoved his wand and robes in there. So when he touched down on the roof of his building he was wearing his school clothes but only up to his sweater. "I'll have your doughnuts when you come back." Blackjack neighed then flew off. 

Percy opened up the door to the stairs with the key he had hidden just in case he needed it, and headed down. Three knocks on his door and a blonde was flying into his arms. Percy scooped her up and spun her around as she laughed, like music to his ears. Annabeth's laugh was better than anything the Nine Muses could play to Percy. 

"I missed you Seaweed Brain!" She teased as she pulled back to look him over. Then she cracked up laughing. "Oh Percy. . . They make you wear this every day?" She shook her head as he retorted that he didn't look that stupid, and led him inside. 

Once inside Sally fawned over him and said she was already making cookies. His ride had take about three hours so that would be about two p.m. in England but it was nine here. He really had to get used to this lag! 

Paul had simply said he looked sharp in his uniform, which Percy thanked him for, between his girlfriend's teasing and his mother's fawning. . . He was overwhelmed. 

Finally Annabeth let up as she dragged him onto the couch to sit down. "But really it does look good." Paul and Sally were in the kitchen so Percy didn't feel uncomfortable with the complement. "You haven't been able to IM me, what's up?" 

Percy sighed as he slung his arm over his girlfriend, his bag sat beside them on the couch as he stretched out his feet towards the coffee table. "Lots of homework, then I got asked to tryout for the Seeker Position in their sport called Quiditch. . . It's been hectic." Percy ran a hand through his hair before loosening his tie some more. 

"Oh! Show me the wand you got!" Annabeth was like an excited puppy. Percy chuckled and pulled his wand out of his bag. "What type is it again?" 

"Cedar Wood, Unicorn Hair Core, fourteen inches, slightly yielding flexibility." Percy remembered as he twirled it a bit. "I can't do any magic right now, because I am Seventeen but I haven't taken my Owls yet so I've got a tracer on me for magic right now." Annabeth pouted at that but Percy just rolled his eyes before showing her some of his books. 

Annabeth was pouring over them when Sally walked in with cookies. "Now we cat eat these while you tell us all about it!" She sat the cookies down on the table and she and Paul sat in recliners. Percy reached for a cookie before starting the tale. 

"Well, first they took me to this old house, the owner is this guy named Sirus, you two met him," Percy nodded to Annabeth and Sally. "There I met several people, both Witches and Wizards. The kids I go to school with are name Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron, Ginny, Fred, and Gorge Weasley." Percy downed his cookie then continued, "Harry's parents were killed by Voldemort, my grandfather apparently. So he hates me, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and Gorge don't but Ron's on the fence about it." He ate a another cookie.

Annabeth cut in, "So this Harry is a prick?" Annabeth seemed not happy that someone was being rude to Percy. 

"No, the boy has had it rough, I don't blame him for his trust issues but he needs to get a hold on his temper." Percy rolled his eyes "He doesn't even blow up at important things, small things set him off. But that's enough about that." Percy shook his head. "I made Seeker for this sports team, the sport is called Quidditch you fly around on broom sticks and try and get a ball into three hoops, I'm the Seeker, who tries to catch this tiny golden ball that flies around. When that's caught the game ends and the team who caught it gets 150 points." 

Annabeth nodded along, so did Sally, but Paul seemed a bit lost. 

"Anyway I play for my house, Hufflepuff. Harry is the Seeker for his house, Gryffindor. The houses, there's four of them, separate you to see what you value. Slytherins value cunning and ambition, things like that. Ravenclaws value intelligence and creativity. Gryffindors prefer braveness and chivalry. Hufflepuffs value loyalty and hard work." Percy tried to explain the houses to his family. 

"That's the basics anyway. But besides that I've just gotten loaded with homework." Percy decided he'd tell Annabeth later about the DADA teacher, that his parents didn't need to worry about it right now. "But thanks to Lady Hecate this whole thing hasn't been that hard for me." Percy got looks but he went to explain. "She gave me a blessing of being able to remember everything that I read about the magical realm, so I could catch up to the fifth years, she gave me a broom and told me Zeus couldn't blast me out of the sky for flying because it's her domain. All in all I think I just found my favorite Goddess." Percy joked. His family chuckled and smiled at him. 

"Well, it seems you've been very busy." Sally said as she stood up. "Go get changed and put your things up, then we can watch a movie together." Sally and Paul walked to their bedroom and Percy and Annabeth walked into his. 

Percy took off his sweater and tie as he dug out some Pjs. Annabeth sat down on his bed and swung her feet. "Meet any cute girls?" Her tone was teasing but Percy heard the actual question underneath. 

"None as adorable as you." He said in respond as he slipped his shirt off. "I don't think I could ever find someone as cute as you Annabeth." Percy smiled at his girlfriend as he slipped on an old t-shirt. "Nor could I find one as smart or brave or kind or-" Annabeth cut him off but telling him to shut up. "Why shut up when all I'm saying is the truth?" He teased. Percy finished slipping on his sweat pants and walked over to Annabeth. 

"Any of the girls there falling for you then?" Annabeth teased. She knew her boyfriend got lots of eyes drawn to him. He was hot plain and simple, but completely oblivious to people flirting with him. Percy chuckled as he shook his head no. But Annabeth knew this wasn't true, she saw him in his school uniform, there was no way some of the girls, hell even the guys, wouldn't be trying to hit on him. "So no blushing or batting of eyelashes?"

"Is that what that is?" Percy asked honestly. Annabeth burst out laughing and Percy pouted. 

"Yes, Percy that's what that means." Annabeth shook her head and looked up at her boyfriend. 

"Well sue me, I didn't know! I thought she was blushing because I had carried her up to the Gryffindor tower." At Annabeth's confused look Percy elaborated. "Hermione passed out in the library, the girl works herself to death, so I picked her up and carried her to her commons room, but I couldn't take her to her room because the stairs leading to it wouldn't let me up because I'm a guy. Two girl's from our class thanked me for bringing her there then carried her up the rest of the way."

"Oh Seaweed Brain, that's exactly the kind of stuff that makes people like you." Annabeth rolled her eyes and Percy pouted. "It's fine Percy, but gods you're so oblivious. You better start talking about me, or half the school will be trying to ask you out." Annabeth teased her boyfriend. 

"Fine I'll start showing people the picture of you I carry around." Percy smirked, he knew that would make her blush, and it worked. Percy crawled onto the bed and wrapped his arms around Annabeth's waist before dragging her down with him. He just held her in his arms for a while. 

But the weekend was over soon enough, he had to leave his house at two the next day, promising to be back as soon as he could. He landed, back in full uniform with his bag, at ten pm right on the outskirts of the forest. He had already fed Blackjack a bunch of doughnuts but he gave the horse the rest of the box before he flew off. Percy walked back into the castle and to his dorm room to go to bed. He had missed dinner but he could have the House Elves fix him something, if he didn't just crash.