Snitches Of Two Kinds

The Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor match was a fiasco. 

Before the game Percy had talked to his team.

"Hey guys, I know you aren't going to like this but I think we need to throw this game." The team had stopped in their tracks, blinking as if Percy had grown two heads. "Gryffindor needs this win. Hell-the school needs Gryffindor to win this." 

"Why?" Carol asked, straighting with a look of betrayal on her face. 

"Because Harry needs this." Percy ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "This year has been rough on all of us, but Harry has had it ten times worse. And we don't even need to lose the game, just make it so the point difference isn't that much." 

Zacharias spoke up this time. "Why should we care how he feels?" 

"You of all people on this team should get it." Percy glared, half-hearted but it seemed to do the trick. "Listen, do you really think I would be asking this is it wasn't important? You've known me since school started, do you think I want any harm to come to Hufflepuff? No, I'm just thinking long term here, we need Gryffindor to win the House Cup again this year. Otherwise it's Slytherin and I know none of you want that." 

"How does us throwing the game affect that?" His roommate asked, genuinely confused. 

"Because if we close the point distance, that means that Gryffindor can win over Ravenclaw and take over. If we don't there is no chance for them to win. Trust me I did the math." He ran his hand over his face again and met each of their eyes. "Ginny is an amazing Seeker, there's no contest between her and Ravenclaw. Even if we win this game but keep it just small enough, it will work." 

"Percy, I don't understand why-" Carol said while sighing. "But I trust you. We'll go easy on them." The team grumbled about it but they all agreed. "As long as we can kick Slytherin's ass I'll agree to this." The girl grinned and Percy grinned right back. 

So when it came to getting the Snitch, Percy hesitated for just a second, letting Ginny get it. Luna had made herself a badger hat, and it let out weird growling and chittering noises throughout the game. Poppy was on her toes the whole time cheering Percy on. Piper had taken to wearing a yellow and black scarf, with matching nails-somehow the polish knew what color to be at the time. Tommy even had a pin on his robes, smiling widely next to Luna. 

After the game Percy joined the celebration with his friends, but the whole time he's was thinking; only ten points difference, if we kick Slytherin down a few pegs and Ginny can pull the game from Ravenclaw . . . It can still work. 

The next day the Quibbler is published. He makes a point of reading it in front of the other Hufflepuffs, grinning the whole time. When Umbridge bans it Percy charms his copy to look like an American magazine on the outside. He passed it around to all those he could, spreading it like wildfire. 

That night he wasn't expecting a dream. 

He wasn't expecting to watch as Voldemort talked to his underlings. To see Voldemort flash between himself and Harry. 

No matter how much Occlumency he learned, it would never block out the dreams he got dude to his other bloodline. The dreams that warned him, that were bred into his kind as some sort of chance of survival. 

Percy just woke from his fitful sleep and made his training a little longer that morning. He needed someway to get this stress out in a productive way, and this seemed to do the trick. 

He did expect it when Hermione came up to him and told him all about Harry's dream. 

He did expect to have to tell her he had the same one and to tell Harry that he needed to block out these things. She told him she already had tried. He told her to try and make the point that Voldemort could use this to trick Harry into doing something stupid.