Getting A Class Together

The next two week of school left Percy in a blur of homework, practice, and trying to get some sleep. Most nights he ended up just working on more homework in the common room, feet propped up on a coffee table while sinking into a big, plush, yellow armchair. The plants around the room, all hung from brass pots or held in bronze boxes, made the air smell fresh and clean.

When light started to creep into the room through the windows placed high on the walls, due to the dorms being on the first underground level of the castle, he would tidy everything up then grab his things to get a head start.

One morning Percy had the amazing opportunity to see Fred and George Weasley get doused in vinegar when they tried to get into the dorms. They had tapped the wrong barrel. When Percy stepped out of the tunnel and grinned at the two Gryffindors in front of him he saw exactly who had told them about the barrels in the first place.

Apparently the twins had paid a first year for the information so they could get in and prank the house. What they didn't seem to know was that no Hufflepuff was going to actually tell them, the first year took the money and told them the wrong barrel to press.

Percy chuckled as the twins spluttered, the first year grinned as she passed Percy and ducked into the tunnel that was still open from Percy. "Thanks for the Gallons!" She cheered as she made her way inside. Percy fist-bumped her before letting her run to her room.

"The little brat!" Fred hissed even as a grin took up his whole face. With one look Percy knew that both twins now had someone to recruit and they liked the idea. "A feisty one, eh, George?"

"A perfect subject for our corruption." They grinned at each other but Percy grabbed the back of their robes before they could flee.

"What exactly did she tell you?" Percy asked as he chuckled.

"That it was the top right barrel and to tap it with our wands to the rhythm of our school song." Fred pouted.

"The little goblin tricked us, us!" George moaned, both brothers now being over dramatic and extreme with their actions of pleading for mercy.

"Alright, alright, you two." Percy let them go as he laughed. "Take care, and don't let Hermione know you've been up to no good again." Percy winked before walking back into the room. He sighed as he collected his things from the table in the common room. The first year girl stood off to the side.

Her hair was black and held out of her face with a Hufflepuff headband, she wore her robes already, and her darker completion complemented her light amber eyes. The grin she wore was nothing short of mischievous. "Did you see their faces?" She asks with raised eyebrows. "I can't believe I got the Weasley Twins!" She dances around a little while quietly squealing.

"I have to say, good job. Those two needed to be knocked down a peg or two." Percy high-fived the first year girl. "I'm Percy, by the way."

"Oh I know." The girl didn't elaborate further on that. "My name is Poppy, I'm also a Muggleborn." Poppy flounced over to an arm chair and draped herself over it. "I'm a morning person and like to prank people." She winked and did finger guns at Percy.

"Well, Poppy, it's nice to meet you. I'm a Half-blood." Percy held in his laugh at the double meaning. "I like water and food." He dug through his bag, essay on Asiatic Ani-Venoms, report on Chinese Chopping Cabbage, other various papers for different classes. Yep he had everything, he threw it over his shoulder and held his robes in his hand.

He was leaving the dorm as most people started to file in. Poppy, however, just followed Percy as she skipped while humming. All the way into the Great Hall. Only a few others had beaten the two Hufflepuffs there, mainly the teachers and Ravenclaws. Shortly the room was filling, Percy and Poppy had sat down at the Hufflepuff table together.

Finally Percy saw Piper walk in, her hair messy as she yawned and rubbed at her eyes. "Excuse me Poppy." Percy stood up to greet his friend, but Poppy came with-that confused him but he shrugged it off. "Hey there Piper." Percy fist-bumped the short Slytherin girl.

Piper yawned before responding, "Ugh, good morning Perce." The girl's tie was askew and her hair had a cow lick in the back. "I am not a morning person." She joked.

"I can see that." Percy teased.

Poppy frowned, and without hesitation started fixing Piper's outfit. Not a word came from the Hufflepuff as she smoothed out Piper's black hair then straightened her tie and robes. Next she held up Piper's chin to look her over before she rubbed away a bit of drool on the Slytherin's cheek. "There, that's better." Poppy folded her arms in triumph as Piper sputtered in confusion.

Percy clamped a hand over his mouth at the girls. But it didn't work and he started laughing and had to shove his whole fist in his mouth to stop. "Percy! It isn't funny!" Piper was bright red and punching Percy's arm. Poppy just stood there, her head cocked to the side looking awfully like a puppy.

"Sorry Pipe but-oh my gods." Percy hung his arms over both girl's shoulders. "I think we will all get along just fine. Let's finish breakfast." Percy ruffled both girls' hair before sitting back down.

That day, in transfiguration, Percy made a little kitten a little ways through class. He earn points for his house and praise from McGonagall. Ravenclaws kept coming up to him to ask how he did it, Hufflepuffs just fawned over him. He was even approached by some Gryffindors and Slytherins.

But one boy that came up to him was pushed. By Piper. He was from Ravenclaw, short with a brown mop of hair and brown eyes. He looked like a stiff wind could break him and he was clutching books to his chest as Piper dragged him by the back of his sweater vest. The Slytherin stopped in front of Percy and pushed the boy, who stumbled to a stop and focused on Percy's shoes.

"Um, Pipe-what's going on?" The Ravenclaw boy was shaking now. Percy cocked his head to the side and raised an eyebrow.

"This is Tommy, he is one of my friends here. Won't shut up about you, and so I dragged him here." Here was outside under a big tree by the lake, a frequent place occupied by Percy while he did homework. Almost everyone in the school knew that at this point-of course Percy doesn't know that they know.

"Why?" Percy closed his book after marking it and leaned forward into his knee he had been propping the book on.

"Because over the past few weeks you've become famous here." Piper rolled her eyes. "And this one keeps being a fanboy, I'm tired of it. Here he is, Tommy, ask him all the questions you've been asking me!" Piper ruffled the boy's hair.

"H-hi . . ." Tommy cleared his throat and pushed his glasses up, still not looking at Percy. "I'm Tom Hare, I am a fourth year Ravenclaw." He hunched his shoulders. "I-a lot of us actually-have been fascinated with your progress at the school. How-how are you so good for your first year here?" Tommy asked as Piper sighed.

"That's it?" Piper complained. "No favorite food, animal, or color? How about, 'does he wear contacts to get his eyes so green?'" Piper mocked. Percy smiled at his friend as she folded her arms. Her words were harsh but the teasing light to her eyes and the smile she fought to keep at bay were what gave her away.

"Oh my god! Piper-you can't just-I don't-never have I ever asked those things!" Tommy hit Piper's arm repeatedly as the girl chuckled. "Anyways . . ." Tommy glanced back at Percy.

"First." Percy began. "I don't know how I'm any good at this. When I was told I just crammed until school started, guess it's natural." Percy shrugged before standing up, it was almost time for practice. "Then it's blue cookies, horses or any marine life, blue, and no I don't wear contacts." Percy winked then walked towards the Quidditch field.

On his way Hermione tracked him down.

"Percy!" She called and flagged him down. The girl was red in the face and out of breath. "You walk really fast." Hermione tried to catch her breath. "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you Harry is finally on bored with my plan and we are meeting together at Hogsmeade this weekend."

"Alright then, let's get a class together." Percy smiled then walked to practice.