Another Day

Breakfast the next day was a chore. Percy didn't let his exhaustion show, he'd done more than a day of school on less sleep plenty times before. So Percy forced a kind smile to his face even as his brain worked for some clue as to what his dream had been last night. Demigod dreams were never good news, nor was having one ever by chance. He just drank coffee and tried to move on.

In total Percy was running on about two hours of sleep he got the first half of the night. After that dream, even talking to Annabeth about it, he couldn't go back to sleep. So when he started hearing shouts from the Gryffindor table about Harry landing himself in detention and not being able to go to their team practice, Percy just rolled his eyes. McGonagall handled it but Percy made sure to shoot a glance at Harry when they were leaving. 

Harry saw the glance and scowled back. 

First Percy had Transfiguration. Professor McGonagall went on about how the spell they were doing was going to be harder this time because they were doing it on mammals, mice, instead of a invertebrate like the snail before. Percy finally got the spell to work when they were halfway through class, earning Hufflepuff five points in the process.

Charms was uneventful but he earned a point for Hufflepuff by answering a question first.

Walking to lunch Percy bumped into Piper, who joked around until she had to spilt to sit with the Slytherins. During lunch Percy drank some coffee that almost none of the other kids were touching. In fact he didn't see any other pots of coffee at the Hufflepuff table. Looking over to find a lot of them lining the Ravenclaw table, Percy thanked whatever House Elf had put this here for him. 

Then it was off to another lesson. This one had Umbridge and it was Care of magical Creatures. Due to the presences of the Pink Toad, Percy stayed near to Harry and them. Piper was right there by his side as well, so they worked together. When Harry decided to open his big fat mouth Percy silenced him with a glare as Hermione shushed him. Piper whispered to him asking what was going on.

"Harry can't keep his temper in check." Percy mumbled back, "I keep telling him to watch it around the Pink Toad but he won't do it." Piper shook her head. 

"So you know them?" Piper asked a bit shyly. "Do you know Hermione?" Piper bit her lip and Percy grinned at her.

"Yes, I do." Percy played along. 

"Is she as smart as she seems to be?" Piper was now playing with that piece of hair that stuck out of her pony tail. 

"Yes, though I wouldn't go saying that around Ron." Percy said carefully.

Piper pouted. "I know Perce, but can't a girl dream?" Piper teased him as she bumped into Percy with a grin on her face. "By the way Percy, you like anyone here?" Piper raised an eyebrow with that grin still on her face. 

"I have a girlfriend back in the US." Percy said with a smile on his lips. "I have a picture if you want to see." With a nod from Piper, Percy pulled out the photo he kept of Annabeth in his wallet. The wallet was in his pants pocket like it always was. 

The picture was of Annabeth in a camp shirt and shorts standing on the dock. She was looking over at Percy from where she leaned on the rail and her hair was pulled up in a high pony tail. Annabeth's grey eyes were sparkling as she smiled. 

"Her name is Annabeth." Percy said as Piper let out a low whistle. "Hey, don't even think about it!" Percy teased, Piper winked and said she would never. Percy rolled his eyes as they packed up their things and headed to Herbology. 

This class was just the Puffs and Gryffindors so Percy waved good bye to Piper before heading to class. Nothing happened in class besides Nevil winning Gryffindor five points. 

Then there was practice. 

Percy grabbed his broom from his dorm before heading down to the field. His blonde roommate, named Brendon Dath, was there. A girl named Paige Fairfield was also there, she had high cheek bones, short strawberry blonde hair, and hazel eyes, she was the other Beater. Carol, the redheaded team captain and chaser was there as well as another chaser name Caleb Banks; A boy with messy brown hair and green eyes. 

The last Chaser and the Keeper came in after Percy. They were Katlin Dolei, the Keeper, a girl with long brown hair and grey-blue eyes, and Zacharias Smith, Chaser, a boy with cropped blonde hair and dark eyes. And that was the team. 

Practice went well and Percy got a lot of praise, which he brushed aside and said it was no big deal. Piper had come down to watch the practice and tease Percy, so they walked back together, with the others on the team. 

At dinner is when Percy heard about the McGonagall and Umbridge showdown. He said to himself that he would have given a million drachma just to see that. Percy hugged Piper goodnight before he made his way down the hall to go and see if he could fall asleep after doing some homework. But a small hand on his arm stopped him.

Hermione was looking up at him with her big brown eyes, "Can I speak with you Percy?" Percy nodded and Hermione dragged him over to the window. "I had an idea, and I just wanted to run it by you."

"Go on." Percy put his hands in his pockets as he leaned against the cold glass of the window.

Hermione's eyes had a spark to them as she plowed on. "Okay, I was thinking that we need to have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Umbridge is not going to teach us a thing and with what's going on we really need to learn how to handle ourselves. Harry is the best at DADA because of the past and I want to have him teach us it. Would you be a part of that?" Hermione sucked in a breath and waited for Percy's response. 

"I think that's a wonderful idea Hermione." Percy grinned down at the younger girl, who's face was now alight. "Harry, if he can control his temper, would make a great teacher. I would be more than willing to help out however I can." Percy crossed his arms while he thought. "Harry could teach spells and I can teach hand to hand or just basic self defense?" Hermione lit up and nodded. 

"That sounds fantastic! I still have to talk with Harry of course but I'm glad to know you like the idea!" With that the bushy haired girl ran off with a goodnight and see you tomorrow echoing behind her. Percy chuckled as he made his way to the Hufflepuff rooms. 

That night Percy dreamt again, but instead of worrying Annabeth-Percy just did homework until he managed to pass out in one of the arm chairs next to the fire. He woke up before anyone made it into the commons as sunlight filtered in and hit his face. Percy dashed to his rooms to get a change of clothes to go take a shower before leaving once more.