Getting Sick Of This Harry

After the whole thing with the DA, Percy was almost constantly getting bombarded with questions. From those in the club and outside of it, everyone wanted to know what had happened. 

Hey, if someone pissed of the Pink Toad it was big news.

Umbridge's Fanclub, as Percy had deemed the group of Slytherin's that followed every order the woman gave, was quick to try and start shit the very next day, too. That blonde rat, Malfoy-if he was remembering correctly, made the mistake of approaching Poppy and Piper. 

"Well if it isn't the mudblood and her little fa-" His sneering face morphed into a wince. Piper's eyes were glowing with wrath, a hand flung out in front of Poppy. The shorter girl had tears welling in her amber eyes and a deep frown on her usually beaming face.

"You want to finish that?" Growled a deep voice from right behind the two girls. And that's when they knew exactly why the rat had started to flinch back-regardless of the two thugs by his side. "What? Cat got your tongue? You had no problem talking when it was just these two lovely ladies." A warm hand fell onto their shoulders, one each, and they started grinning at each other. 

Oh, blondie messed up. 

"A big, bad guy like you can handle speaking his mind, surely? Especially with those two you got right there." The person behind them made a sighing noise. "Oh, sorry, looks like they left. How unfortunate." 

"I-I am-!" Draco started to stutter out, pointing to his silver badge. 

"A lonely little boy who craves attention." 

"No!" 

"Yes." Now a louder sigh. "Leave before I decide a trip to Umbitch is worth it." Draco hightailed it away, and the two girls looked behind them to see a frowning Percy. His green eyes watched the Slytherin go, dark hair falling over his brow. "Let's go you two." 

Right before that day's lunch Fred and George came up to him with matching grins. 

"You're up to something." Percy said simply, propping a foot up with him on the bench of the Hufflepuff table. "You either are going to tell me the exact plan, or nothing but a warning. Which is it?" His eyes sparkled with amusement as the twins launched into a hushed explanation of their plans.  

When they finished Percy couldn't help but grin right back at them. "I wish you the very best of luck." He stood up and clasped hands with Fred before turning to do the same with George. "If you ever need some help, don't hesitate to ask me. That's for anything." From the nod they gave him they understood it wasn't just about their business. 

When Umbridge came into the Great hall to drag him off with Harry, Percy had an inkling of what was going on. So, he ruffled Poppy's hair and walked with her. 

The office was a nightmare of pink and kitten paintings. 

Like the woman herself, he figured. 

She kept trying to get them to drink. That's when Percy let a little bit of his power slip out of him and kept the tea from touching Harry, or himself for that matter. She definitely put truth serum in it, no doubt, and from the weird look Harry gave his cup, he knew it too. Though the boy was not subtle about his distrust, nor his blatant lying.   

Percy could feel the headache in his temples already, dealing with Harry was making the soar pangs in his head a regular occurrence. Sure, the kid had trust issues, with good reasons, and anger problems, again justified, but if he didn't get a grip a lot of people would die that didn't need to. 

That thought hit Percy, then he sighed to himself. 

He was doing what all those people did to him when he was Harry's age. 

Putting the whole world on someone's shoulders was not fair in anyway shape or form. Percy should know that better than most anyone, except Annabeth that is. 

In that moment, Percy swore to do everything in his power to make this easier on Harry. 

That's why he took over talking, throwing Umbridge off by slowly moving the water in his cup so a sphere of tea floated right under his chair, before setting his cup down in front of her. He twisted his words and kept a pleasant smile on his face as he buried their tracks. 

Throwing in bits of the truth, yes they were both in the DA. But lied, no they didn't know anything else, Dumbledore wouldn't tell them anything. Took jabs at her and the rest of her group, they joined out of blind faith-not knowing anything about anything. 

He was just about to wrap up when-

BOOM!

Que the entertainment. He thought.

Percy let a grin slip onto his face as the Headmistress stormed from the room of Pepto-Bismol incarnate. He also let his hand grip Harry's shoulder, leaned down, and talked to the boy quickly. "You aren't doing this alone. I want to talk to you as soon as possible. However, I will give you today to yourself, because I know what's about to happen." 

He slipped out and couldn't help the look on his face as he admired the twin's handiwork.

Wonderful fireworks.

He gave the twins a thumbs up and lop-sided smile from across the hall, making sure to go meet up with his friends to tell them what was going on. Classes kept going on, even with the fireworks and it was glorious to see the Pink Toad and Filch try and get rid of them. 

It felt like things were heading in the right direction. 

Though, he should have known that wouldn't last long. 

That night he woke up from a dream of Harry, in flowing black robes, running through door after door and into a room with shelves and shelves of glass orbs. 

Percy grabbed his hair, hissing a breath through his teeth to try and get a handle on the anger filling him. 

Harry wasn't even trying-he wasn't putting one ounce of effort into actually blocking out these dreams. Didn't he realize they just told him the progress Voldemort was making? It didn't benefit him in anyway to keep seeing these. Voldemort could be tricking him and he wouldn't know it! 

He was trying, he really was trying to calm down and remember Harry was a kid. 

But godsdamnit so was he! Percy was a kid too! Had been for years and had been doing this much longer than Harry. If there was one thing Percy was good at, it was things like this. Making choices to benefit the masses, taking action to save lives. 

If Harry wasn't going to trust Percy, if he was just going to write him off because of what blood happened to flow through his veins . . . Percy just had to start pulling strings. 

He had to make sure there was a safety net for when Harry messed up so bad there was no reversing it. 

Hermione was for sure going to be the biggest part of that net. Neville too. And Luna. 

Luna was close to Ginny, Ginny was close to Harry. Neville was close to Harry too, and the boy was becoming more and more reckless-thinking it made him brave, so he would definitely follow whatever half-brained plans Harry made up. 

Percy still had to try and have a talk with Harry, that was a given, but . . . 

"I'm getting sick of this, Harry." Percy muttered to himself.