Quidditch And More Dreams

Friday was, luckily, not as cold as it had been all week. Percy's team could feel their hands as they got dressed for the match about to take place. 

Earlier that day had been hectic. 

Poppy had insisted on being heard as she cried out about Percy kicking the Ravenclaws' butts. His other friends hadn't been much better. Piper in her yellow and black ensemble, complete with hat, scarf, pins, and nails. It seems her, Poppy, and Luna, had painted their nails his house's colors, dragging even Tommy into it.

He just scowled as he held up his hands. "I had to wrestle Poppy to keep them from my toes." Tommy slouched, smiling when Percy chuckled and patted his back. 

Luna even made a badger hat, asking if Percy wanted to wear it. He had politely declined, saying it would throw off the balance of him on his broom. 

Percy listened to his team captain giving a pep talk, before walking out with the rest of them. And he could have sworn that the cheering swelled a little when he, the last one of the team, walked out. The team took up their spots, Percy sizing up the Seeker from Ravenclaw. 

A whistle blew and they were off. 

Points were scored, both sides trying their hardest. 

Ravenclaw was good, gaining a lead early on and keeping it, if not contended at points. But when a flash of gold swept around the corner of Percy's sight . . . 

The game turned. 

He sucked in a breath, not giving the Ravenclaw any time to think, before he dove. In the wrong direction, keeping his eyes on the Snitch at all times. 

The Ravenclaw, thinking the Snitch must be in the way Percy was flying, dove down. And when Percy stood up, using his momentum to swing around and race back toward the Ravenclaw goal posts, the kid had no chance. 

Percy ducked a Bludger, spinning and kicking it back up and away from himself. He massed a few Chasers, almost knocking the off their brooms from how fast he flew, and snatched up the Snitch with no contest. 

The Ravenclaw was only halfway across the field when the final whistle blew, ending the game and giving the win to the Hufflepuffs. 

Percy was lifted up around the halls of Hogwarts, all the way into their common rooms. He had barely had enough time to hug Piper, Luna, and Tommy before being whisked away. These Wizards sure loved their Quidditch. 

The days following, he got smiles from almost everyone he passed. Professor Sprout praised him, saying they might just win this year. He had smiled back, and floated through the school. Not on arrogance, but the fact that he had started to feel at home there. 

Hogwarts was starting to really feel like a home. 

He hadn't felt that except with Camp and his mother. 

So Percy kept teaching the DA as December neared. 

After their last meeting Percy walked to his dorm, giving Poppy a goodnight hug. The girl had taken to checking on him late at night, if he was out and about she would come out and lay in his lap until she feel asleep. 

She had said, "I'd rather you at least have company if you're not ever going to sleep." As she drifted off with Percy playing with her hair. 

But that night, Percy didn't leave his bed. 

In his sleep his dreams shifted, to Harry with snake-like eyes. He hissed and a forked tongue wiggled out as he prowled over the hunched form of a man. The blackness around them turned into a long and cold hall. The man jumped as Harry laid a hand on his shoulder. 

And Percy was sitting up in his bed panting. 

Harry. 

He had to check on Harry. 

Percy bolted from bed, grabbing a shirt and throwing it on as he ran from the dorms. Poppy stuck her head out, having been woken up by footsteps she had learned to recognize. But when Percy flung out a hand and catapulted from the room she went back to bed, not sleeping but huddling on her bed in worry. 

Percy's bare feet made almost no noise as he made his way, instinct roaring at him to get to the headmaster's office. He didn't know where he was goin gor what he was doing. 

Not until He ran into Professor McGonagall. 

"My dear boy!" She cried out as Percy barrled into her. "What are you doing up so late? You should-" But her words stopped as she saw the frantic look in his eyes. "Percy, what's wrong?" HEr voice trembled, like she couldn't take any bad news. 

"Harry-" He breathed. 

"Potter is with Dumbelre right now, disscussing private events." She placed a hand on his shoulder ans he flinched. "Take a deep breath. In and out." She motioned with her hand. And PErcy lilstened. "Now, explain yourself." 

"Dream . . . "He said. And McGonagall's eyes narrowed. "I had a . . . dream." He tried again. "Harry, with snake eyes and . . . there was a man bleeding out." Panic almost seezed him again, but McGonagall's cool hands braced his shoulders. 

"We know." She said soothingly. "Harry had a vision, and we're taking care of it. The man will be fine and Harry isn't in danger." She placed a hand on his back and guiding him away from the headmaster's office. "It's going to be fine. I will speak to Dumbledor and personally give you an account of what had unfolded." 

The professor kept murmuring comforting things, keeping Percy calm. Telling him they would learn more, telling him it was okay, no one was going to be hurt. As if she knew that was his true fear, someone dieing that didn't need to. 

She lead him all the way back to the Hufflepuff commons. 

He went through the barrels, and sat down on the couch. The yellow fabric was soft and just barely scratchy. 

A door creaked and a young girl came around to the front of the couch. She crouched infront of Percy, resting her hands and chin on one of his knees, casting big eyes up at him. The sight dragged him out of the leathal calm he had slipped into. 

Percy smiled faintly, picking the girl up and wrapping her in his arms. 

Poppy tucked into Percy's neck and held onto his shirt as he held her and steadied his breathing. 

His dreams always meant something. 

But now was the time to sort through it.