Another Dream

That night Percy was laying in his bed, the yellow patch work quilt thrown off in his tossing and turning and sweat clinging to his chest. His lips curled into a grimace, his brows furrowed together, his hand gripped onto the sheets of the bed. With a jolt and gasp the boy sat up and bent over his knees on the side of the bed. 

Percy's breathing was labored and he held his head up with his hands.

Angry

He bit the inside of his cheek, stood up, and threw on a shirt. He had to walk, had to go somewhere. That somewhere was just pacing in the common room. 

Percy tried to go over what had been in his dream. It had started out the same, a door he couldn't open, but then it switched. 

Switched to an image of Harry grabbing at his forehead, his scar. A thread seemed to be coming from the scar, leading to a shadowed man who was silently roaring. Anger, burning and hot coursed through all three of them, Harry's face contorted as if in pain, the man's form was shaking, and Percy was just left to watch. 

That's when Percy had been ripped from sleep. And he had a pretty good guess what was happening. Harry's scar let him know if Voldemort was in a particularly strong mood, and right now Voldemort was furious. Something wasn't getting done and he didn't like it. Maybe it had to do with the door . . .

With a huff of breath Percy walked back to his dorm room. He looked to one of the clocks, almost time for school anyways, got changed, and grabbed his bag. As he ran his hand through his hair and paced the common room he couldn't shake the feeling of his dreams. Finally he decided to just turn his attention to the essays that were due next week. 

Two hours later he was rolling up seven different scrolls and shoving them in his bag as the others started to stumble out of the dorms. Some were disheveled, some were still in pajamas and just walking around to wake up, but Poppy was bouncing already. Her black braids hit her back as she skipped towards Percy, amber eyes glowing. 

"Hey there!" She winked then grabbed his hand. "Let's go!" Percy chuckled as the young girl pulled him along. She only stopped when they finally got to the Great Hall. You could see the rain battering the windows from the outside, see and hear it. As The two Hufflepuffs met up with Piper and Tommy, they chatted for a few minutes before sitting down. 

At the table Poppy sat straight up and puffed out her chest all proud and mighty. A bright smile on her face, but worried glances towards the end of the Gryffindor table told Percy something was up. "Poppy." He said softly, the girl turned her big amber eyes to him and leaned in all conspiratorially and grinned. 

"What?" She stage whispered back. But her smile dropped as she saw Percy's frown. "What, Percy?" 

"What's up with you?" He glanced to the Gryffindor table and frowned. "Why do you keep looking over there?" Poppy bit her lip and her shoulders hunched together, ever the puppy caught in the act. 

"Um . . . well . . ." She looked around, none of the others paid much attention to them. "A few of the third year Gryffindor boys . . . They've been teasing me." Percy's frown turned into a stone face, unreadable and unyielding. "About how their house is better, and how they know the Boy Who Lived, and all that." The girl laughed, but there was an uneasiness to it. "So I mentioned that I was friends with you, and they didn't believe me, said I was lying or something." 

She rubbed at her arm and Percy shook his head and sat down his fork. "I swear, I didn't . . . I didn't mean to use you or anything, but I just . . . Wanted them to leave me alone." The girl's eyes were lined with silver, and she pulled back from Percy like she was expecting him to shout. 

Percy placed a hand on Poppy's back before pulled her towards him. He smiled at the girl and she sighed in relief. "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at them." HIs eyes flashed as he glanced over to the three Gryffindor boys at the end of the table, they were all scrawny and had their noses up in the air. And to think The Gryffindors always ragged on the Slytherins . . . 

"After Breakfast, follow me." Was all he said before he kept eating. 

Once they were done, Percy glided through the crowed hall. Until he caught up with the three boys all huddled together and laughing. One had pale skin, a larger forehead, and brown hair with hazel eyes. The one in the middle was blonde with brown eyes and crooked teeth. Then finally another brown haired boy, but with dark brown eyes, and a baby face. Percy grinned as he pushed Poppy towards them, holding up in finger to his lips and ducking into an alcove nearby. 

"Ahh, guys look who it is." The blonde said in a nasally voice as the halls started to empty. "Poppy the Puff." From where Percy stood he could see Poppy clinching her fists. "What is it? Cat got your tongue?" 

The other two chuckled and that was Percy's cue to step out. He leaned on the wall, smirking at the Third years. "Hey there." He sarcastically saluted them then shoved both hands into his pockets. The boys paled, and Percy's smirk turned into a grin. "I expected better out your house." He tsked and shoved off the wall. "For a house that preaches chivalry and bravery . . . this is low." 

Poppy was grinning as Percy slung his arm over her shoulder. 

"You talk about Slytherins being jerks, and awful people, but I would take a long look at myself before doing that." His voice turned a bit edged. "Don't mess with others. I find out you picked on anyone else and I'll go straight to McGonagall, who I know doesn't tolerate this sort of childishness." He winked and steered Poppy away. "Bye now." He waved and turned away.