Decrees

That Sunday Poppy, Piper, Tommy, and Percy worked on homework together a lot. Outside under the tree that Percy had always sat under, they had their books set out and papers stacked together. Bo the kitten would pick whoever it was she liked best in the moment and curl up in their lap to sleep. Often it was Percy she climbed on, sometimes even resting on his head. 

Percy was convinced that was due to his height but the others insisted it was because Bo liked him. 

Finally Percy finished his work. He laid down in the grass and sighed, Bo had been on Tommy's knee but came over to lay on Percy's stomach. "Guys I'll be right back." Percy set Bo on the ground as he stood up and stretched, he didn't have his robes, vest, or tie on due to the nice weather and not having classes. Bo protested about being set on the ground until Percy gave up and sighed. "Fine you can come!" He picked the kitten up and set her on his shoulder, where she happily hung and rested. 

Percy set off to find a certain know-it-all Gryffindor. 

He had the chance to talk to Annabeth the night before, and confirmed his suspicions. They shouldn't have met in the Hog's Head. Percy wanted to warn the group without causing a panic. Epically since, even while shopping and hanging out with his friends, he had kept one eye on the exit to that bar all day. That wasn't a Witch under that big black hat.

Finally he tracked them down. Harry ignored Percy's presence, Ron gave him a nod though reluctantly, and Hermione greeted him warmly. "Hermione can I talk to you?" Percy didn't dance around it. The brown haired girl nodded and walked away with Percy. 

"I like your cat." Hermione said with an uneasy smile. She was obviously worried.

"Thanks but I came over to give you a heads up." Percy said as he ran a hand through his hair. He took Bo off his shoulder and just held her. "That wasn't the best move to meet at the Hog's Head."

"What? There wasn't anywhere else-"

"There was a more populated bar."

"Yeah and we could ha-"

"It would have been much harder to over-hear us or even watch us." Percy cleared up. "It's a rookie mistake, one that you can't afford to make again." his tone was serious and made Hermione look down at the ground. "I'm not mad, or disappointed, but I was just warning you. Harry seems to be in a good mood, that's going to change when we feel the repercussions of this. I just know it." 

"I'm sorry Percy." The girl seemed hurt. 

"Listen it's not that big of a deal, but use this to learn." Percy smiled. "I've just had a lot more experience at this than you guys have. That's all." Percy ruffled the young girl's hair. "Well you keep being top of the class and come and get me if you need anything. Oh and by the way, nice work with that Jinx on the paper, I'm not sure what it does but I know I don't want to find out." He winked and left. 

Oh how right he was. 

On Monday a decree was sent out that had the whole school reeling. Carol said that it even applied to Quidditch and that she had to apply now. Poppy got nervous and Piper assured her it would be okay as Percy thought it out. "Guys, it's fine." He started, his friends were spread out in the library after lunch. "We were going to make our meetings secret anyway, now they just have to be even more secret because their against the rules." 

"Exactly." Piper said as she held the first year Hufflepuff to her. Bo, who had taken to following Percy everywhere, even waiting outside class rooms, curled up in Poppy's lap and purred. "See even the cat gets it!" Bo gave Piper a look that explained she didn't like being called 'the cat' very much. 

Tommy sighed from his seat. "I guess it doesn't make much difference in the long run." He propped his head up on the arm rest using his hand. "But this does suck." 

Later on that evening Percy learned that the Pink Toad was waiting to declare that the Hufflepuffs could play again. He also had potions class where he got Hufflepuff a few more points. 

The day was normal but not, the same but different. 

Now the Pink Toad has shown her true colors as an enemy of Hogwarts. And looking at the kids, a majority with glints to their eyes as they passed a framed version of the Decrees, Percy knew that this was a turning point. 

Oh if only the Toad knew that if you pushed a kid into a box, tried to control them too much, pushed them too far . . . The end result is far from what you want it to be. 

And that was Percy's personal decree.