A Worried Hermione

The next day Percy was in Charms class. He had seen the looks on Harry's, Ron's, and Hermione's faces earlier and had yet to have a word with them. He couldn't even now, seeing as the only other house in here with him was Slytherin. Piper was more than happy to sit by him and try and follow his examples, though. 

He wasn't even trying if he was honest. Percy usually was very focused in his classes, at least at Hogwarts he was, but his mind was foggy today. He kept fidgeting, trying to shake the feeling of mist in his mind. Something wasn't right, he knew that. Maybe it was that the passed weeks have been filled with the same godsdamned dream of a corridor and a locked door? Maybe it was his lack of sleep catching up to him. He didn't know. 

Piper poked his arm and Percy snapped out of it. "Bloody hell, Percy, what's wrong?" She hadn't ever seen him like this and it worried her. Percy scanned the room, then his friend. Her hair was left down today and her blue eyes seemed to peer into his soul, trying to find answers no doubt. "Are you okay?" She seemed to taken in his appearance another time, the slight smudges beneath his eyes. 

"I'm fine just didn't sleep well last night." He smiled sleepily, earning a concerned glance from Piper who still tried to battle her bullfrog. Behind them a whispering chat broke out among two girls. Percy hadn't lied, he hadn't slept well last night, but he hadn't told her it wasn't just last night.

Lies and truth, the best way to lie was to make sure there was some truth in there. 

Piper's gaze didn't soften even after Percy cleared his head long enough to silence his raven. Nor when the class was almost over and he silenced her toad. But Piper kept it to herself when their whole group met up to study between classes. 

Poppy was sprawled out over a armchair in the Library, she held a text book over her and frowned at whatever it was she was reading. Beside her, on the floor, Piper bit her lips as she scratched out the last of a essay for Transfiguration. Tommy was sat in another chair, bent over three different books all perching in various stages of opened on his lap and the arm rests. Percy had one leg over the other as he tapped his quill on his chin before writing. 

The group was in a state of comfortable silence until two girls, Slytherins, passed them and giggled the whole time. Percy didn't look up, he was used to hearing giggling and it didn't bother him. Tommy raised an eyebrow as he pushed his glasses up and looked to Piper. Who, in her own right, was frowning as she stared at Percy. Poppy just had her head cocked to the side as she glanced around her group of friends. 

"Percy." Piper sighed. The boy glanced up to her as he paused his writing. His green eyes filled with his silent question: What? "Did you not just hear those two pass us?" She jerked her chin towards the two fifth year Slytherin girls hiding in the stacks of book and glancing their way. 

"I did. What about it?" He went back to writing, still waiting for her response. 

"I know those two girls." Piper huffed as she rubbed between her eyes. "And I know what their giggling about, do you?" Tommy bit his lip to keep from laughing as Poppy smothered her mouth with her hand. Both now understood what was happening and couldn't help themselves at the look on Percy's face. 

Percy sighed and frowned. "What is it Piper?" 

Instead of answering him, Piper stood up and sauntered over to him. "Wallet." Percy narrowed his eyes but dug his wallet out of his pant's pocket and handed it over. Piper smirked, and sauntered over to the girls. "Hey." She opened Percy wallet, flipped to the picture of Annabeth, and showed it to the girl. "Stop drooling, he's taken." 

Both girls went bright red and shuffled off with matching scowls. 

Piper tossed Percy his wallet, which he caught, and kept the smirk on her face as she took in his unamused expression. Percy was about to retort when Hermione walked into the Library and made a bee-line for their group. Her brown hair was still as bushy as ever, and her brown eyes were full of worry and conflicting emotions. 

"Percy, can we talk?" Her hands were folded together but moving, shuffling around. She was concerned about something. 

"Sure thing." Percy shifted everything that was in his lap onto the coffee table in front of him. He tucked his wallet inside his pocket as he followed the brown haired girl around the corner of an isle of books.  "If your looking for covert this isn't the spot." He chuckled. The girl got red in the face, apparently she had been going for covert. "Follow me." He chuckled again as he lead the girl back to the front of the library and out. As he passed his friends he waved and said he'd be back. 

They walked in silence, her in full uniform, him without his robes, until they came up on one of the many empty class rooms. This wasn't one of the ones that kids had taken residence in due to the storms outside, just dusty and silent. 

"Here we go." He smiled and pushed open the door. His long legs took him over to one of the desks that he, unceremoniously, sat on.  "What's up with Harry?" His eyes were playful but his words were soft and serious. He knew that if Hermione was the one coming to talk with him, and she was this stressed out, Harry was up to something. 

"It's not-It's not really Harry-it's-" She took a breath. "I don't know if we should really go through with the D.A." She glanced around while messing with her hair, running her fingers through a lock as fast as she could. 

"What exactly is concerning you about it?" Percy asked as he rest his forearms on his thighs. 

"Okay, you've met Sirius." Hermione reasoned. "He and Harry's dad, along with Lupin and this other guy that now works for V-V-Voldemort, used to all go here together. They were trouble makers and got the nickname of Marauders from McGonagall." She took a breath before plowing on. "Well Sirius is all for this plan and that just makes me worried. He has always pushed Harry to do reckless things, things that if he were still in school and with his friends he would have been doing. He got twelve years of his life taken away because he was framed in the killing of a bunch of muggles and the other friend I mentioned earlier." 

Percy held up a hand and let Hermione take a breath. "I understand your concerns." That statement alone set Hermione's face in relief. "He definitely is living through you three. However, this club is nessacary." Hermione started to retort but Percy held his hand up again. 

"You need to learn how to fight." He said it with such conviction that Hermione just nodded along. "You all need to learn how to, with magic and otherwise. You know what's happening, the ones who joined know what happening. To be ready for that in any way, you need to do this." He stood up in one movement and walked towards the younger girl. "I promise you, it will be okay. There will be loss, but we can do this together." 

Hermione bit her lip and looked at the ground. 

"You did the right thing in bringing up your concern." He laid a hand on her shoulder and smiled. "The wrong thing would have been to let Harry have his way and walk all over you. He can't start down that path, it would not be good. You're the brains in your group, so think it through. If you think there is a problem, feel free to come ask for my opinion, but it's up to you." 

She sighed and ran and hand back through her hair. "Thank you Percy." She smiled up at him and the two walked back to the library. The Gryffindor girl joined the group to study, even Bo had come back from where ever she had gone to chase mice, and curled up on Percy's shoulder.