A New Secret Class

That weekend Percy, with Piper and Tommy, went to Hogsmeade. The little wizarding town was originally founded by a Hufflepuff Wizard named Hengist of Woodcroft. Tommy, at first, didn't want to go-found it was to risky. Piper, on the other hand, was very excited to go. Poppy wanted to go but she couldn't, but made Percy swear to take her to any further meetings of this class. 

So the Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw each made their way down the street. The Hog's Head is where they were meant to meet. Percy didn't like the looks of it, not enough people-the few that were there could hear every word. For once, Percy thought, Hermione got something wrong. But pointing that out in front of the other people gathered here, skeptical students decide to trust them or not, was not the best idea. 

Numerous other student filed in in small groups. Some of which, Percy recognizes. One was from his own Quidditch team, Zacharias Smith a Chaser.  

When starting out Hermione was stuttering and red in the face. But she started to get confident in her voice and Percy could see just why she was put in Gryffindor. A small smile graced Percy's lips until Zach started up. 

This wasn't his place to tell Zach off, Harry needed to. So Percy waited for him to do just that, but glared at Harry when he turned his anger on Hermione. Harry shifted in his seat when he caught the glare Percy was sending his way. Percy then glared at Zach with a 'wait tell we get to practice' look.  

One of the people already at the bar, a strangely dressed woman, shifted in her seat at the conversation. Percy kept one eye on her for the rest of the meeting. Suddenly the mood in the meeting shifted and people started naming things Harry had done. He waved them all off with a red face, oh how Percy could sympathize with that moment. 

Then the Twins, Fred and George, started to defend Harry against Zach. They were so much like Travis and Conner that Percy smiled. The meeting kept going and eventually they had to sign a paper. The twins signed without hesitation, others were a bit slow but did it anyway. 

Piper, who had been subject to her fair share of looks throughout the meeting due to being the only Slytherin, jumped on the chance to sign. Tommy was a bit more reserved with his signing but the excitement on his face was clear. Percy did his firmly and made sure to grin while signing. 

Harry obviously didn't like that. His glare at Percy was statement enough. Percy just smirked back, it was clear Harry didn't trust him, and at this point he didn't care about that. It would just take time to convince him. But Percy's attention was more on the magic he felt coming from the paper. One glance at Hermione, who was eyeing the paper and whoever was signing it like a hawk, gave it away. She had cursed the paper! 

Percy grinned as Hermione met his eyes, with a wink from him she went bright red. 'Nice job.' he mouthed as he motioned to the paper. Hermione went even more red and looked away from him, but glanced back with a small smile. 

A Ravenclaw girl who sat by another Ravenclaw girl, who Harry had been glancing at throughout the meeting, was hesitant to sign, even crinkling up her nose. That got Percy's attention. He'd keep an eye on her, for sure. But other than that the other people at the bar were shady enough for Percy's ears and eyes to be turned to them. 

Piper even poked Percy to see what was wrong, he just said he's explain later and kept focused. 

At the very end of the meeting Hermione spoke up again. "Actually one more thing. Harry will be teaching us magic, but Percy actually offered to teach us regular self-defense." By the look on Harry's face he hadn't been informed of this. 

With a shrug Percy explain. "Magic can only get you so far. If you're too close to an opponent to risk magic, or your wand breaks or you lose it, muggle ways of self-defense will help. It's better to know it than to go on without it." He got some looks but mainly nods. 

"We could split the classes some way to have half the time on magical the other on muggle ways." Hermione suggested. "But we can work that out later, enjoy the rest of your time here." 

And Piper, Tommy, and Percy did just that.  They looked around and did a little shopping, even getting Poppy some Chocolate Frogs, her favorite. Percy went into the animal shop reluctantly, even explain that owls didn't seem to like him, but surprisingly none of them jumped him. But a kitten, all white fur expect a bowtie-shaped black spot on her chest, meowed at him the entire time. 

The owner of the shop even got the kitten out and tried to quiet her. Piper laughed at the scene, Tommy smiled. "Hold her." The own said. Percy tried to shake his head but the tiny kitten was shoved into his hand. Immediately she was quite, looking up at Percy with big blue eyes. Percy scratched her head, only for the kitten to purr and curl towards his thumb. "Well, that's the first time that's happened. Usually she hisses at everyone." 

"Well . . ." Percy started, confused as to what to do. He had never had a pet, besides Blackjack and Mrs. O'Leary, and they kind of took care of themselves. 

"I'll even give you her for free." The owner said. "Otherwise I'll never sell her." 

Percy held up the little kitten and frowned. He couldn't say no to the bowtie-wearing kitten. 

"Fine." Piper cheered when Percy gave in. "What should I call her?" No one answered. "How about Bo? She looks like she's wearing a bowtie?" Piper giggled while Tommy shook his head. "Hey, I don't hear you coming up with anything better!"

"It's fine Percy, let get Bo some stuff." Piper pulled Percy down isles getting food and other  cat things.