Chapter Four: The Order

Percy and Annabeth followed Dumbledore to a dinning room, many people sat around the table each tense and wary. 

They did say Percy's grandfather was evil didn't they . . . That was most likely it.  

Percy let a lopsided smile overtake his face, tilting his head to the side as he saluted the bunch. Annabeth gave a smaller smile, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend, before bumping him with her hip. 

Dumbledore stood beside the pair, smiling faintly as he took in those gathered. Percy did the same, assessing just who he was dealing with. 

There was a family of redheads, one plump mother, a skinny father, set of twins, then a smaller boy that only looked a couple years younger than Percy and a girl even younger than the last boy. The mother had a very kind face, the father too, though he looked quite a bit more nervous at the moment. Both twins looked at him with a sort of annalistic view the demigod knew all too well. 

He had dealt with the Stoll brothers for years, after all. 

There were quite a few others too. Another set of younger teens: One, a girl, with bushy brown hair and brown eyes-an upturned nose as she clutched a thick book to her chest told Percy all he needed to know for the moment. The other was . . . Well, to be frank, the boy looked like a much smaller, skinnier, and stressed out version of himself. Though the boy's eyes were more emerald and less of a sea glass, hair more in a I-haven't-brushed-my-curls-in-a-while-can-you-tell? kind of mess than Percy's natural, wavy, bedhead. 

A Witch with bright pink hair eyed him with a quiet sort of fire, one he had seen on plenty enough Aphrodite and Demeter children to know not to mess with. 

Remus and Sirius looked the same as they did earlier, Remus between Sirius and the pink haired Witch while Sirius sat beside the younger, black haired boy. 

Then there was the older man in black robes, hair longer and greasier than those around him, with a permanent-looking scowl in place. Plus the Black haired woman, whose raven colored hair had only a few strands of grey and happened to be pulled back in the tightest bun Percy had ever seen. Her emerald ropes where impeccable, not a stich out of place. 

There was a man with scraggly grey hair, a face hard worn with scars and a bit of his nose missing, one small, dark eye . . . the other bright blue. Something in Percy's gut had him wary of that eyes, it wasn't natural. 

"What's that on your arm?" The man with the blue eye asked, his voice like gravel. The strange eye whirring around as his dark one stayed trained on Percy. 

Thank the gods Percy finally learned how to control the Mist, who knows what these people might have seen since Percy pushed up his hoodie's sleeve. 

"Just a thing from my dad's half of the family. They're big into Roman and Greek myths." Percy showed the tattoo he had gotten in New Rome, something his mother had not been too happy about. 

The man grunted, seeming satisfied for the moment. 

"I guess I'll start the Introductions." The mother of the redheads smiled, tightlipped and worried. "I am Molly Weasley, this is my husband Arthur, and my children Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny. I have three others, however they can not be here right now." She sat back down after she finished, smile still strained. 

"I am Alastor Moody, though everyone calls me Mad-eye. I'm an Auror, meaning I fight things of Dark Magical origin." The man from before spoke again, voice still rough as he kept his arms crossed over his chest. 

Next was the man with all black robes. "I am Severus Snape, Professor Snape to you. I teach Potions at Hogwarts and hold the title of Head of Slytherin House." 

The woman spoke after him, a light clearing of her throat sounding beforehand. "My name is Minerva McGonagall, I teach Transfiguration at Hogwarts and am Head of Gryffindor House." She looked Percy and Annabeth over through her glasses, sharp nose pointed down a bit. 

The pink haired Witch spoke up, thrusting her thumb into her own chest as she puffed up. "The name's Tonks! I can change my appearance at will, it's 'cause I'm a metamorphmagus!" 

"I'm Hermione Granger, Gryffindor Fifth Year." The brown haired girl spoke up, sticking her chest out in pride as she smirked. 

"Harry Potter, also a Gryffindor Fifth Year." The boy with glasses and messy black hair spoke harshly, arms crossed as he scowled at his own feet. 

"Well," Percy kept grinning, pulling on the mask of carefree skater quite easily. "I'm Percy Jackson, and it's nice to meet you all. I guess I'll be seeing a lot of you since I somehow ended up a Wizard." He winked cheekily, crossing his arms. 

"Hello, I'm Annabeth Chase, Percy's girlfriend. I'm not a Witch, though it is cool meeting you." Annabeth tilted her head in greeting, hands latched behind her back. 

Molly seemed to be a lot calmer now that she knew his name, she even smiled softly at him. 

"Now, there are a few things that I wish to explain to young Perseus," Dumbledore began. 

"Yeah, no, It's just Percy." The boy interrupted, chuckling. 

"Of course," Dumbledore nodded, taking his seat. "Well then, shall I begin?" Percy kept up his smile, listening to the old Wizard speak. "First off, Percy, your grandfather, as I told you, is a Dark Wizard. Not just that, he is The Dark Wizard. He has done atrocious things for the sake of gaining power. Including murder." 

The air took on a heavy atmosphere, Percy's smile fading as he held his chin in his hand and listened. His focused green eyes stunning a few at the table. Annabeth, at his side, crossed her arms while listening too. 

"Two of those he murdered were Harry's parents, both James and Lilly Potter." Percy didn't miss Sirius, Remus, Harry, or Snape flinching. Though, he didn't comment. "Once known as Tom Riddle, he has taken up the name Voldemort. His followers are more numerous than I care to admit, many from the previous war." The old man ruffled a bit, straightening his glasses. "He is very powerful and not many can dream of matching him. This is why I asked for your help. Seeing as you have his blood and also seem to wield a considerable amount of power, you could be of great help." 

Use, Percy want's to hiss, use not help. Because that's what Percy was to Dumbledore, who all these people where to him. Pawns in a chess game that had gone on for far too long for the old man's liking. 

Though, as long as he was fighting on the right side Percy could stand to be a pawn. He'd done it enough times already. 

That didn't mean he liked it. 

"Besides that, there is only our school to explain." Those around the table nodded. "There are four Houses you could be sorted into; Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff." With each name he held up another finger. "Gryffindor takes those who value bravery, chivalry, courage, and daring. Slytherin prefers ambition, cunning, determination, and resourcefulness. Then there is Ravenclaw with the traits of intelligence, wit, creativity, and originality. Lastly, Hufflepuff, the House that values things such as loyalty, kindness, dedication, and hard work." 

Tonks seemed to preen a bit at the mention of Hufflepuff, leading Percy to the thought that it must have been what House she was in. He smiled faintly. 

"You shall be sorted by the Sorting Hat, like all other first year students on the night of your arrival. Then you shall start your classes, in fifth year with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. You'll be older than the rest, but that is the best option all around. I do hope you'll be able to catch up." With that, Dumbledore stood and smiled. "I shall take you back now, and will withdraw some money from the bank for you to gather your supplies tomorrow in Diagon Ally. Here is a list of everything you will need." The old man handed him a piece of parchment, which Percy folded up and stuck in his wallet with a nod of thanks. 

"Good evening, all." Dumbledore parted ways, walking out to the front door. 

"Goodbye!" Percy called, smile up for all to see as he followed the man. Annabeth close behind him with a wave to the others.