Chapter Six: Reading, Reading, And Off We Go

Between changing the books into complete Latin, and Hecate's desperate blessings, Percy was sure he could get to the fifth year books within the time limit. 

And when his eyes got too tired to keep reading over the mess that was wizarding books, Annabeth took over. She read aloud, while Percy stretched then did a basic workout regime to help keep up his physical fitness. He couldn't just go to a gym four times a week like normal, but he had to do something to get his energy out and to maintain what he had gained over the years at Camp. 

If he was going to end up fighting again, he couldn't afford to drop from his peak condition. 

She read aloud to him while he ate, taking over the book after she had gotten her meal. Halfway through week two and they were a few chapters into second year. 

He might have the blessing and all, but he still had attention problems, they solved this by switching out books every two chapters. That way he wasn't getting farther ahead in anything than the other subjects and it kept his mind occupied. 

At night they slept, Annabeth huddled into his chest and he buried his nose in her curls and let his over-worked brain get the rest it deserved. 

Three days in, Annabeth had set up a reward system; every time he got through two new chapters in a book, before he moved onto another subject, she gave him two minutes of time to cuddle and-or kiss. 

This was quite the motivator, it turns out. 

They finally got onto fourth year books with little over a week left. 

Once they had a set schedule laid out, working out the plan during the first year books, it had gotten a lot easier and quicker to get through the texts. 

They finished with two days to spare. 

Those two days they relaxed. Yes, he did move onto the fifth year books, but he read slower, and not as much. Most of their time was spent in each other's arms. Between those times, however, they talked about a game plan. 

Annabeth pulled out a map that showed the Hogwarts layout, spreading it out over the small table they had in the room. 

"They have this forest, The Forbidden Forest, they call it. Inside are all sorts of magical creatures, most are dangerous or simply don't like humans. Others are just skittish or are owned by the Groundskeeper, Hagrid." Her grey eyes scanned the paper, looking for whatever it was she wanted to find. "Right here, is a pond that off shoots the lake that surrounds the school grounds. Only a little ways away, is the Whomping Willow. The tree is basically alive, and snatches up anything that comes near it. So, don't go near it." Annabeth grinned up at her boyfriend. 

Percy scoffed playfully, "As if I would do such a thing of my own accord!" He upturned his nose and crossed his arms. 

"Oh, how could I be so presumptuous as to think that you would seek out trouble!" She bowed dramatically before they both started chuckling. "Anyways," Annabeth rolled her eyes playfully before going back to the map. "the lake has all sorts of creatures inside, I think you should make friends with them the first chance you get."

"They'll either worship me or hate my guts, what could go wrong?" His grin had Annabeth rolling her eyes again. "Any advice on how I should act? Should I go for happy go-lucky, too-cool-for-school, or what?" Percy wrapped his arms around her waist when she tucked her head into his chest, the leg that was off the ground from him leaning on the table was put back on the ground as he stood up. 

"I think . . . just be you." Annabeth said, finger tracing shapes over the fabric of his t-shirt. "Anything else will be fake and end up getting you in trouble if they find out. They already don't trust you, and neither will the other kids at the school if they decide to tell them about your bloodline. Don't just hand them reasons, they are, no doubt, already hunting for enough to get you in trouble." 

Percy sighed, nodding his head as his arms tightened around her a bit more. 

"I'll learn how to control the Apparition spell as soon as I can, that way I can be home whenever possible." He ran his hand through her curls. "But remember, if you need me, IM me. I don't care if I'm in class, I will be there." 

"I know, Percy, I know." 

The morning of September first came and the couple got up as early as usual. 

Annabeth dressed Percy, wanting him to make a good impression with the others, and not trusting his judgement on what would be fine to wear. She decided that the sea-green turtle-neck sweater she had gotten him for his birthday this past month, paired with a good pair of light-blue skinny jeans and his favorite pair of green Converse, was good enough.

Especially with the fake-leather jacket she slipped him into. 

His Camp necklace was secure around his throat, Riptide was in his pocket, and everything was packed into his trunk and duffle bag. 

Annabeth stuck to a simple, oversized, yellow, knit sweater over a pair of grey leggings. She wasn't the one they would judge off the bat. She ran her hands through his hair, ruffling and playing with the black strands until she was satisfied that it was perfectly messy. 

Dumbledore came to pick them up shortly after they finished getting ready. 

The old teacher whisked them away, their vision swirling once more before a train platform came into view. 

"Welcome to Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters." He Wizard said, smiling. "Miss Chase, after we see the train off I will be taking you back to New York. Where would you like to be placed?" 

"Back at Percy's apartment please." Annabeth didn't smile, just left after Dumbledore gave her a nod of understanding. "Come on, Seaweed Brain, let's get you settled."