Secretly Teaching

Percy was walking down the crowed hall, from his last class to the library for some time that he had before dinner. No practice today meant he had time to make sure he was caught up with work. Before he had the chance, however, Hermione caught up with him. 

Bo was curled up on the top of his armchair, purring and stretching her paws to pat at Percy's hair. The black haired boy looked up as the girl walked towards him, books filling her arms. Hermione set down her books and sighed as she plopped into the seat. Percy huffed a laugh as the girl tossed her head back. 

"What's up?" Percy grabbed the kitten off the back of the chair and pet her as he waited for an answer. 

"We're starting the classes today." Hermione's brown eyes were serious as she bit her lip. "Eight o'clock, seventh floor, opposite the tapestry of the man getting clubbed by trolls." Her yawn interrupted her explanation, but she rolled her shoulders and made to stand back up. 

"Hermione, how are you sleeping?" Percy's eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the smudges under her eyes, the marks were covered by makeup. Percy sighed, set his kitten down, then stood up. He rubbed his nose, and met the girl's eyes. "I wish I could have you talk to my girlfriend." Hermione's confused expression had him elaborating. "She's an overachiever, constantly working herself to the bone. But, she's been doing better, taking better care of herself and getting just as much-if not more-work done." 

"Sounds like a great person." Hermione's eyes widened, something like awe sparkling there. "Could I meet her one day?" 

Percy smiled. "Sure, not now or anything, but maybe over the summer." He pulled his wallet out and showed her the picture he kept there. "I've told her about you all, and I think she's dying to meet you specifically." He chuckled. Percy motioned for the girl to sit back down. "Come on, rest a while, I'll wake you up if you fall asleep." 

She chuckled before plopping back down in the seat and closing her eyes. Bo jumped up and curled into a ball in the Gryffindor's lap. 

Later on, at eight o'clock, Percy gathered his friends and headed up. The room they walked into was large, with cushions and books all over. When Percy stepped in, however, it shifted a bit. Treadmills, punching bags, dummies, and wooden weapons lined one wall. Harry scowled at the change, before scowling at Percy himself. Percy shrugged and sat down on a cushion. 

They voted on a leader, all raising their hands for Harry, then on a name, deciding on Dumbledore's Army, and Percy smiled through out it all. After Harry snapped at Zach, they started class. Percy paired up with Tommy, Poppy and Piper teamed up, and both groups squared off. Percy knocked Tommy's wand out of his hand on the first try, and Poppy took Piper by surprise when she moved to doge her spell. Percy laugh and called out to Poppy, "Good one!" 

Percy didn't mention that they should start to physical self-defense, letting Harry step up and the others really start feeling like he was in control. It was a delicate time, and Percy wasn't about to throw it off. Finally they all were sent back to their rooms, and Percy made sure to hide Poppy whenever teachers were nearby. 

That night Percy got no sleep. 

Again. 

He stayed in bed though, trying to get as much rest as he could. 

But as he laid there he thought about where to start with the others, planning for their next meeting next Wednesday. He guessed if he was going to be secretly teaching, he better do a good job.