Chapter Five: Shopping Spree

Percy woke up with Annabeth in his arms, her golden curls draped over the pillows they were using, arms wound around his waist, chin tucked in and cheek pressed into his chest as she laid overtop him. The light material of the night shirt she wore moved with his hand as he traced a line up her back, smiling as she sniffed and burrowed further into his chest. 

Usually she would have been the first one up between the two of them, but recently Percy had been waking up earlier-making sure the two of them were safe before turning his attention on his girlfriend so he could wake her up. The boy also used to be quite the heavy sleeper too . . . That also changed, if there was so much as a creak of the floor boards, Percy was up and ready to grab Riptide.

Annabeth wasn't much better off, yet the soft rising and falling of having Percy's chest under her ear usually kept her calm and asleep.

Percy kept up the small smile as he cupped the back of Annabeth's head with one hand, the other tightly held her waist. "Wise Girl," He breathed, thumb brushing over her cheek bone. "Come on Annabeth, time to get up." They had a lot to do that day, after all.

"Don't wanna . . . " Annabeth mumbled, squeezing her arms around him.

"You get to look at all sorts of magical books today." He chimed, lilting his voice into a teasing tone as he poked her side. She squirmed, scrunching up her nose and keeping her eyes shut in protest.  "Come on, Babe." Percy bent his head over to kiss at her neck, brushing her hair out of the way. 

Annabeth hummed happily, tilting her chin back for him as one hand came up to run through his black bedhead. 

Percy sat up, bringing Annabeth with him by holding her hips. Now she sat in his lap, both hands buried in his hair as he kissed down her neck to her collarbones. She would have been completely fine with this arrangement had Percy not pinched her side and thrown her down on the bed so he could stand up. 

"Hey! That is not fair play!" She cried out, pouting as she crossed her arms. Her night shirt had rumpled so it only covered to her midriff, the shorts she had worn to bed were a light blue contrasting her tan skin. 

Percy chuckled, running a hand through his hair before yawning. "All's fair in love and war, Babe." He looked over his shoulder at her, green eyes glinting in amusement at her fake pout. "Besides, Dumbledore will be here shortly to give us the money we need. I figured you wouldn't want him seeing you in my shirt and some shorts." For it was Percy's old shirt she was wearing, hanging loosely from her athletic frame. In contrast, Percy wasn't wearing a shirt, only a pair of low-hanging sweat pants. 

"Well, of course, but you didn't have to do that." Annabeth rolled her eyes, huffing a breath. It was a playful gesture, a sign of the side most didn't get to see of her. Very few made it onto the list of those who could claim the pleasure of seeing Annabeth being silly and playful.

Percy was the first name on that list. 

He stalked back over, bending over the bed, pinning her with an arm on either side of her head. "I'll make it up to you later." He whispered to her, winking before straightening up to walk over to his duffle bag. 

Annabeth let out another huff of breath, rolled her eyes, then got up to strut over to her own bag. As she past where Percy kneeled on the floor she smirked. Bending down, Annabeth kissed the spot behind Percy's ear, trailing a finger over his shoulder then down his arm before tugging on his ear roughly with her other hand. She giggled as she made her escape, ignoring Percy's indignant growl. 

They finally managed to get dressed, using the attached bathroom to freshen up. 

Right on time too, because Dumbledore was knocking on their door as Percy walked out of the bathroom, ruffling a towel through his hair.