The Lions VS The Snakes

Weeks flew by, and Percy's visits to his family started to dwindle. 

Between his work and making lessons for the DA, his time was booked. But he made sure to IM Annabeth as many times a week as he could. 

As he thought about the DA, Percy went over the kids' progress. They definitely excelled more towards magical ways of fighting. He hadn't thought it would be so bad, but for the first few lessons he hadn't even been able to start combat. 

They had to focus on building strength. The only ones of the kids that didn't were Ginny, Fred, George, and a few other Quidditch players. Harry was almost a lost cause, not even managing three push-ups before panting like a dog. Poppy, even if she was the youngest, was one of the best at it all. Neville was trying so hard, the Percy even spent time with him outside of the DA to help him out. 

A the latest of the meeting, Hermione had given out fake coins that they could use for communication. The whole club had praised her but Percy made his being impressed known to her, causing her to blush from the complement and Ron to scowl a bit. 

The Quidditch matches neared and tension in the school came with it. 

One day, the Slytherin Keeper, Miles Bletchley, hexed Alicia Spinnent, a Gryffindor Chaser. Snape hadn't done anything about it, but Percy made sure to throw a little Tarantallegra Jinx his way. The Keeper couldn't stop dancing for two days. Percy hadn't been caught, having uttered no words to cast the jinx and hidden in a nearby alcove. 

On the dawn of the starting Quidditch match, Percy had meet up with his friends. 

Piper had ditched her green and silver scarf for one of red and gold. "I hate our team, there a bunch of bigoted fools." Her blue eyes rolled as she crossed her arms. "But don't worry, I want Hufflepuff to win it all." She winked at Percy, who ruffled the girl's hair. 

Poppy was running around, a huge grin on her face, and chatting about this being her first Quidditch game. Until the group, Tommy smiling faintly and Bo the kitten on their heels, walked into the Great Hall and saw the Slytherins with shinny new badges. 

Every one of them was taking shots at Ron. 

"I should have known." Piper hissed. Percy's face was grim as he watched the students milling around. He knew Piper loved her house, she just didn't like the people in her house. "They didn't breath a word of it to me, none of them." She swore, PErcy nodded to her and was already making his way over to the Gryffindor table. 

"Ron." Percy said, laying a hand on the red head's shoulder. The younger boy flinched, but not from pain. "Take a word of advice, and use their taunting against them. Let it fuel you to prove them wrong. Don't let them win this." His voice was low and quiet, only for Ron to hear. When he straightened back up a young lady with a huge lion on her head breezed up to them. 

Her name was Luna Lovegood. 

Tommy introduced Percy to her. And Percy grinned at the dirty blonde girl with silver eyes. "You are very interesting." He said, earning a dreamy smile back. 

"How kind of you to say." She said in a sing-song voice. "Most just say I'm weird." She didn't seemed bothered by it, just stating a fact. 

"Well, that's something we have in common then." Percy's parting smile was soft. Luna's was wide. 

At the match, Percy sat in the stands next to his team. They were all chatting and guessing the outcomes. Poppy was next to him, clinging onto his arm and stealing all the warmth she could. It was cool out, so Percy took off his hat, a knitted thing he had bought, and shoved onto the girl's head. "There you go." 

"Thanks!" Poppy smiled up at him before tucking back into his side. Percy chuckled and wrapped his arm around the girl, letting her steal more of his warmth. They watched the game unfold, cheering together and booing together. 

Until Harry finally got the Snitch. 

The stands roared. Expect one, the green and silver students hissed and booed. Then they started roaring when Harry got hit with a Bludger. Percy squinted, trying to watch as something unfolded on the field. HIs eyes widened as Harry and George started wailing on the little blonde Slytherin Seeker. 

Poppy gasped, and Percy turned her face away as the boys were hauled apart. Covering her eyes with his hand and turning her toward him. "Harry . . . you shouldn't of done that." He whispered to himself. "You played right into their hands." 

Poppy bit her lip as Percy let her go. "Maybe the Slytherin boy deserved it?" She asked, her voice shaking. 

"He most definitely did." Percy muttered, leaning down to look Poppy in the eyes. "But Harry needs to control his temper." Percy sighed and grabbed the first year's hand. "Let go back to the dorm. I can show you some new spells." 

The Lions may have won the game, but the snakes won the battle. 

It wasn't until he was back in his dorm the Percy learned that the Twins and Harry had been banned from playing.