Second Day

Percy was annoyed. 

Apparently people were talking about his Potions class yesterday, he kept getting weird looks from everyone. It didn't make anything better when in Transfiguration he got the Vanishing spell on the second try, and therefor the only one of the Hufflepuffs who didn't get homework. In Charms He had done the Summing Charm easily. Reading all those books had really paid off. . . he made a note to never tell Annabeth that. 

He did have a lot of Charms homework so he worked on it as he ate his lunch. Percy sat at the end of the table with one leg up on the seat so he could use it to write on as he had a book propped up on the table. He wrote in between bites of food and sips of drink. Next was Care of Magical Creatures.

Harry and his friends were in this class with him, he made sure to stand semi-close to them just in case something happened. The group seemed to mutter a lot about the woman teaching the class and how she wasn't Hagrid, whoever that was. 

Percy had raised his hand to answer about the Bowtruckles, but the teacher called on Hermione. When the brown haired girl got both sets of questions right Percy smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. Harry and Ron seemed a bit annoyed at her Know-It-All-ness. Percy had spent enough time with children of Athena to be used to it, so he didn't find it that annoying, just slightly endearing. 

Percy started his assignment but he heard the blonde Slytherin try and start a fight with Harry. Harry's face paled at the little rat's words, Percy sighed internally as Harry went over to Hermione. Percy thought Hermione had it right, but then the Malfoy boy just had to speak again.

When Harry squeezed the poor Bowtruckle Percy made sure to walk over to them as the bell rang. 

"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" Percy heard Harry say to Hermione. That's when he stepped in. 

"She's right." The three turned to see Percy standing there as he shook his head. "You let that boy, and everyone else, have so much control over you. Stop. You have to control your temper." Percy said in hushed tones to the shorter boy. 

"He was ragging on Hagrid! I can't just let that slide!" Harry was getting worked up again. 

"You don't have to. People like him feed off attention, you act like they don't exist and ignore them and show them their comments mean nothing to you, they'll shrivel up like a bug." Percy explained. "I've dealt with enough people like him to know." 

"You have no clue what I've had to deal with!" Harry was red in the face now. Percy sighed and crossed his arms as he looked Harry over again. 

"You have no clue how much I understand what you've been through." Percy said monotonously. No emotion was in his voice or on his face as he explained the next part. "Stop playing the victim card. If you treat this like you're just a poor soul trapped in a horrible world people will die, get over yourself and do what's right." Percy walked to Herbology after that. He over heard the talk about believing that You-Know-Who was back, or not. 

Percy took a quick shower before heading down to dinner, his hair was still wet as he carried his robes and did his tie. He a group of Slytherin kids passed him, he flashed a smile as he finished his tie, they giggled and moved on. This school was weird. 

At his table a guy came up to him and asked him to try out for the Quidditch team, he said he'd think about it. Really he was debating if Zeus would kill him for it or not. Percy left dinner early so he could finish his homework and call Annabeth. 

He went into his room, thankfully no one was there, and IMed Annabeth. She was sitting at her desk working on some sort of blueprint. Her hair fell down her back and she wore a pair of shorts with a nightshirt. "What up Seaweed Brain?" She asked without even looking up. 

"Harry lost his temper again and people are talking about me. It's weird, people keep staring at me." Percy chuckled even as Annabeth grinned then put her pencil down to look at him. "Gods I miss you. . ." Annabeth smiled and they both kind of just looked at each other.

"You know I have weekends off . . . I could . . . Blackjack could come and get me, I know he's been wanting to fly with me again." Percy suggested as he looked at his gorgeous girlfriend.  "Even if it's only every other weekend or something, I can't do this constant apart thing." 

"You know Percy? I was thinking the same thing." Annabeth grinned then they started making plans to see each other that weekend.