01| E v e l y n

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside
I can fight my fear
Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home

- Lovely, Billie Eilish, Khalid

01| Evelyn

Evelyn woke up to her stomach tightening up in knots, cluster of butterfly fluttering all about -but not the good kind. She planned for a new start, hopefully looking forward to starting afresh completely oblivious to the demon inside her planning havoc, the demon-anxiety.

It had been a week since Evelyn's dad and Evelyn moved to Fallholt, California. Moving from state to state is a part of Evelyn's life as her dad is simply in love with moving and to him moving gives a boost to life and it gives you chance to start over. Evelyn had been trying to do the same thing for the last two years. What she had learnt is moving only boosted her anxiety.

Evelyn had never had the courage to tell her dad about her anxiety. First, she thought it would be a new trouble to dad or he would simply ignore it and say 'it's a lame excuse , everyone gets anxious', which would something he probably do, exactly what he did with important things of life.

Evelyn had grown up in Manhattan in New York with her grandma. Her grandma was a rich sophisticated lady who had more riches than enough. That had enabled Evelyn's dad to move from state to state every year without giving a damn about financial problems.

Growing up in New York was the best thing ever happened to Evelyn, she thought. She was a happy, friendly, cheerful and most girly girl among her friends who loved going around stores buying every princessly thing she could lay her hands on, every new Barbie dolls available even the newest version that hadn't been released before anyone else. Everything from her room to her dresses, pyjamas, shoes even her bed sheet had a connection to princesses. Evelyn had her room painted in hot pink with all the disney princesses in the wall, because it never came to her mind that Evelyn was not a princess herself.

Eve even remembered going to sleep wearing princess dress, yes, she was a real life drama queen. Or that time, when she cried night long because her grandma didn't bring her a pink unicorn for birthday.

And needless to say, Evelyn dreamed about the prince in white horse too.

Evelyn removed the cover and got out of bed while packing her shoulder length hair in a bun. She had cut her healthy almost butt length hair with no second thoughts. She sometimes forgot and habitually the hands tried to get the locks in a bun again. She entered her en-suited bathroom and brushed her teeth, the knot in her stomach made her retch. She emptied her mouth spitting out the toothpaste foam.