29| M a s o n

Oh no, your daddy didn't like me much
And he didn't believe when I said
You were the one
Oh, everyday she found a way
Out of the window to sneak out late
She used to meet me on the eastside
In the city where the sun don't set

- Eastside, Halsey and Khalid

29| Mason

"What happened with Alex?" Evelyn asked taking a bite of her sandwich. She was eating a nutella sandwich, the one Mason's mom taught him, the one he showed to Evelyn. He couldn't but smile at that.

"Alex Harrington, my number one hater," Mason said taking a sip of his cola. They were sitting on the bleachers together. Mason had successfully taken his place beside Evelyn, replacing Rita who would steal Evelyn at the time. Rita was back in the cafeteria.

"You should feel famous," Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"I know, duh. I am." Mason said in an obvious tone. Evelyn gave him a look. Mason laughed.

"What's the matter with him?" She asked as she was curious.

"It started with the football team selection, I guess." Evelyn opened her bottle of Pepsi. Evelyn liked Pepsi over coke. Honestly, why?

"Yeah?" She asked.

It had been two weeks since Mason almost almost confessed his feelings for Evelyn. Evelyn did give a hint that she was not opposed to taking this one step further. Still, they had done nothing about it. Mason was not sure if Evelyn still wanted to change her mind.

So Mason wanted to ask her out on a date. The date had to be perfect, it had to be different, amazing but simple, something that would be special for both of them. It would be their first date after all. He had to figure something out. He had absolutely nothing in his mind.

"They needed a quarterback.  Alex and I, both wanted to be quarterback. Mr. Delevigne chose me over him." Mason said.

"But you don't play." Evelyn said.

Mason gave a smile, "Yes, Evelyn."

He leaned a bit closer, "I don't play." Mason said.

Evelyn pushed him away striking a punch in his shoulder. He chuckled.

"Alex was pretty much convinced Coach chose me because my father donated for the school. So I have bought the place as well," Mason said.

"Was this before the accident?" Evelyn asked.

Mason nodded yes. Before the accident, nothing in his life was as messed up as it was now.

"Hmm. But Alex is the qb now." Evelyn said as a matter of fact.

"Yes, I played for a year and then," Mason sighed, "After the accident, I didn't have any passion for that anymore. So, I left and Alex had my position." Mason said fiddling with his shirt.