41| M a s o n

Consuming all the air inside my lungs
Ripping all the skin from off my bones
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice

-Mercy, Shawn Mendes

41| Mason

Mason had to make at least 40 phone calls to make things work.First, he had to make sure Madyline was free. She had a tight schedule considering her restaurant just opened yesterday but she would make it. Ethan and the kids were already in.

Jack and Noah was working as instructed. Diana and Abigail also helped out. Making Rita agree to his plans was the hardest. But she did eventually.

Mason couldn't believe he even talked to Evelyn's father about it, who agreed right away. He said he would do anything.

"What do you want me to do now?" Martin Reyes asked as Mason was done moving the couches, making space in the middle. They were all inside Mason's old house, it meant Evelyn's house, which meant home.

"I think you can check up if the foods are already ordered?" Mason said. Evelyn's dad laughed.

"I am good at that, I am always ordering food." Martin said.

Mason looked around the living room. It was almost done. The balloons were all up. And so was the other decorations. Noah was finishing what was left off. Jack on the other hand was running around with Tim and James. The three of them had become best friends. Well, an evil knows the other evils.

Raine was on Diana's arm. They were laughing. Abigail was hanging a balloon on the side of the wall where Mason wanted it. Looking around the room, he sighed in satisfaction.

Knowing Evelyn, Mason knew she would hate a typical birthday party with all of schools hormonal teenagers and everything. So he had arranged this little party with the people who truly cared about Evelyn.

Mason just wanted to show her that she was not alone in this. Everyone around her, cared. Mady, Ethan, the kids, they loved Evelyn. Then there were her friends, Diana, Noah, Jack, Abigail and Rita. Last but not least, Cecily and Gus, who were really hard to reach. Mason knew about them a little. From what he knew, he connected with them and they were super excited.

Then Evelyn's dad And Mason himself.

Mason stepped out of the house. Rita was set to distract Evelyn all this time while they decorated the house. She was quite successful he had to say.

Mason hopped on his jeep. He would go home and take a quick shower. Then he would grab her gift and come back. It shouldn't take much time. Rita and Evelyn would be back soon.

Reaching home, he opened his computer, making sure his gift had arrived. It had arrived. He showered quickly, changed his clothes and grabbing the small box, he pocketed it. The other one should be in the mailbox.