11| E v e l y n

I just wanna talk about nothing
With somebody that means something
Spell the names of all our dreams and demons
For the times that I don't understand
Tell me what's the point of a moon like this
When I'm alone again
Can I run away to somewhere beautiful
Where nobody knows my name?

-Real Friends, Camila Cabello

11| Evelyn

Evelyn was sitting in her English Lit class. The teacher was rambling on about the fiction they were reading but Evelyn's mind was somewhere else.

Only you can save you. You need to know that. And I believe you are strong enough.

He had said those exact words and Evelyn hadn't forgotten that. She was stunned and at the same time confused. How he could tell how strong she was when Evelyn didn't know it herself. Fighting with their own thoughts twenty-four by seven didn't make anyone strong. Yet, he said that. He said he believed that.

He just wanted to be on good terms with you. He was bluffing.

Evelyn wondered why she was even thinking about him. She cocked her head to her left side and looked at Mason Stewart. He was focused, listening to Mrs. Roland. He was sitting in the corner of the class where nobody would spot him.

Mason had kept his promise. In the morning, when Evelyn went to her locker, he wasn't there. In maths, he wasn't behind Evelyn. Another guy was occupying his place, the same guy who used to sit there. But today, Mason was back to the corner of the class, where Evelyn would not spot him.

Evelyn sure did. Those bright icy blue eyes and those chocolate brown hair that belonged to a tall lean figure were not so hard to find when you look for them.

Evelyn looked away and glanced at her teacher as she tried to catch up. Lunch was after the class and it would only be fair if she kept her distance from Mason's friends too. Evelyn didn't want him not to be with his own friends just because Evelyn didn't want him there.

The bell rang and students sprawled out of the class. Evelyn waited. After the last student got out, she took her bag and left. She went upstairs, straight to the library as there was no way she could join the others in the cafeteria.

Mason was sitting there, a book opened in front of him and the best thing about the scene was he had a burger in front of him, untouched in all its glory.

A smile broke into Evelyn's lips.

Sure I told him that I don't wanna see his face but we do have some unfinished business.