39| E v e l y n

You know just how to make
My heart beat faster
Emotional earthquake
Bring on disaster

-Starving, Hailee Steinfield, Zedd

39| Evelyn

Mason stood there wearing a black tux, a thin blue tie hung from his neck. His hair was gelled back from his forehead and there was a small scar on the side. Mason had flowers in his hand, white roses.

White Roses. Flowers. This is a date!!

The inner part of Evelyn gave an excited squeal when on the outside, Evelyn couldn't take his eyes off him. She had never seen him wearing anything formal, and god he looked good.

Mason was saying something to dad when he spotted Evelyn and his lips were parted. He turned into a statue. He swept his eyes over Evelyn and she felt a rush of electricity going through her. When they locked eyes, the rest of the world vanished. Something clicked right in place.

"Do I need to take a picture?" Dad asked pulling Evelyn out of her daze. She blushed and looked down. Mason cleared his throat.

"Wait here, kiddos." He said and vanished to his room.

Evelyn stood there awkwardly. She glanced at Mason who waved at her. "Hey."

"Hey," Evelyn said and smiled.

"For you," Mason said getting inside and giving the flowers. Evelyn's heart swelled and she took the flowers flushing furiously.

Evelyn could heard Mason sigh deeply. "I wonder if we ever be able to reach there, if I kept looking at you."

Evelyn pressed her lips together. When she looked at Mason, Mason was still staring at her. He took a step forward and wanted to say something when Dad entered the room with a camera. Mason stepped back.

"Okay, now stand close and say cheese!" Dad said. Evelyn smiled.

"Dad, this is not prom!" Evelyn complained.

"This is for freezing time and keeping the memories alive," Dad said smiling.

Mason stood beside Evelyn, placing his hands in the small of her back. She stood close and smiled. Dad took the photo.

"Hmm, looks good. Let me take a few more shots!" Dad said.

"Dad!" Evelyn squealed. She looked up at Mason and whispered, "Don't mind him."

"Nah, I am actually enjoying this," Mason said flashing her a perfect smile. Evelyn was sure she was looking like a love struck fool.

"There you go. What do they call it these days, uh, candid," Dad said.

The photos looked good to be honest. Dad was really happy to take them as well.

"So can we take off now, we might get late, it's an hour and a half drive," Mason said. He nodded at dad. Together they left the house.