32| E v e l y n

Some days I'm broke, some days I'm rich
Some days I'm nice, some days I can be a bitch
Some days I'm strong, some days I quit
I don't let it show, but I've been through some shit

-Pretty Girl, Maggie Lindemann

32| Evelyn

Evelyn woke up with cold sweats running down her back. It was a horrible nightmare. She couldn't remember when she last had it. And it had changed.

Evelyn no longer see Quinton standing behind her now. It was just she and her anxiety, standing there and no matter how much she begged, it pushed her downwards. She kept falling until she woke up. Evelyn felt it in her body, like she was actually falling.

Evelyn sighed. When another sensation was felt by her, she muttered a curse and went to washroom and it was confirmed. It was that time of the month. When she finally settled down to sleep again, she felt something foreign in her stomach.

The tight knit of stomach knots. The sharp feeling of pinching feelings of needles on her neck and shoulders, the tight muscles, the butterflies all around her skin and the back of her head had a pounding headache.

Miss Anxiety was back on full force.

Evelyn closed her eyes and let herself sink into the known feeling, the discomfort, the pinning sensation and the upset feeling of her stomach.

Her head buzzed with thoughts and a single tear left her eye.

Why again?

What have I done to deserve this?

Why can I get rid of these?

Why this doesn't go away?

Evelyn wiped her tears.

Why me?

Anxiety couldn't just come back like that. Evelyn's life was finally falling into track. Her dad was treating her nicely, she had made new best friends, she had found people who cared about her.

And now, anxiety stroke. Out of fucking nowhere, without any plausible reason.

Evelyn sighed in tears. Then there was this fucking period making everything worse than it could be. Her stomach was upset and at the same time, she had pain in her lower stomach, cramps were worse than anything else.

Evelyn was getting ready for the hormonal shitstorm she was going to face, period doubled with anxiety, nothing could be better, right?